United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 28-12-2022, 10:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He made a brilliant run for Martial's goal. Most of his bad stuff was bad choices rather than a lack of ability. I've no worries about him. It'll just take time. He's almost trying too hard at the moment, feels he has to do something flash every time.
Yep. Wingers look far worse off form because they’re expected to make things happen. Then he tries too hard and very little goes right. He’s not hiding though. Just seems a bit off. Nothing a goal and a bit of confidence can’t sort out.

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. Wingers look far worse off form because they’re expected to make things happen. Then he tries too hard and very little goes right. He’s not hiding though. Just seems a bit off. Nothing a goal and a bit of confidence can’t sort out.
Picked the more difficult option on a couple of the breaks, looking for the decisive moment rather than doing the simple thing. Not the end of the World.

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Picked the more difficult option on a couple of the breaks, looking for the decisive moment rather than doing the simple thing. Not the end of the World.
The counter attack second half where he had a simple (ish) ball through to Martial, but went with the tougher one to Rashford with the outside of the left foot. Needless. Smacks of someone overthinking and low on confidence. I think he’ll be fine.

That front lot have barely had a chance to get going with injuries, world cups and Queen deaths.

Give them 5-10 games together and they’ll be flying*

*martial fitness dependent, ofcourse

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Coracao

He needs to take more risks on the ball. Thus far, he is receiving the ball and playing too many balls either backwards or sideways, instead of trying to commit or defeat his defender- many of the same traits that we see from Sancho.

He was by far the worst performer last night whatever way you dress it up. Hopefully we begin to see some improvement in the coming months, as it looks like he has a long way to go from what I've seen so far.

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The counter attack second half where he had a simple (ish) ball through to Martial, but went with the tougher one to Rashford with the outside of the left foot. Needless. Smacks of someone overthinking and low on confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He needs to take more risks on the ball. Thus far, he is receiving the ball and playing too many balls either backwards or sideways, instead of trying to commit or defeat his defender- many of the same traits that we see from Sancho.
makes poor choices, if they don't come off. not sure it is about confidence (why try the harder ball?), but he worked hard covering back and he was quite close to scoring a couple of times - one, he should have scored a simple goal (either by taking it on his right foot or executing better with his left), one was a good effort that would have been spectacular. it's easy to pick on the simple things he did and say he should try more or pick on the things he tried and failed... or blame confidence and compare him to sancho... but.... whilst it remains to be seen whether he can be effective consistently, it was hardly a shocking performance.

richarlison would have scored the one that bruno set up, though.

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:52 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

He was by far the worst performer last night whatever way you dress it up. Hopefully we begin to see some improvement in the coming months, as it looks like he has a long way to go from what I've seen so far.
100% this.

People keep saying he beats players...he needs to start doing it ffs.

£85m...

Unread 28-12-2022, 11:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
makes poor choices, if they don't come off. not sure it is about confidence (why try the harder ball?), but he worked hard covering back and he was quite close to scoring a couple of times - one, he should have scored a simple goal (either by taking it on his right foot or executing better with his left), one was a good effort that would have been spectacular. it's easy to pick on the simple things he did and say he should try more or pick on the things he tried and failed... or blame confidence and compare him to sancho... but.... whilst it remains to be seen whether he can be effective consistently, it was hardly a shocking performance.

richarlison would have scored the one that bruno set up, though.
A lack of confidence doesn’t always manifest in being cautious. He’s off form. I think he knows he’s off form. When that happens, players can scratch around for form and do things they wouldn’t normally. His decision making was poor last night and that’s something I’ve liked about him so far.

Perhaps ‘confidence’ isn’t the right word, but there’s a lack of conviction in what he’s doing right now. That chance was a carbon copy of his debut goal and I’m sure he tucks it away if it’s a few weeks back.

I agree that he wasn’t THAT bad though. He kept looking for the ball and coming back. I’m not concerned. Just a player settling in, searching for form and in need of run of games with new team mates.

Unread 28-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Hyman_Roth

If that wasn’t a bad performance then I hate to see him have a shocker. Not sure why people are so keen to dress it up more positively.

Unread 28-12-2022, 06:40 PM
GBMUFC2020

Jury is out on this guy I am afraid. Doesn`t do himself any favours by carrying half a dozen Louis Vuitton bags around in public and by acting a #@&%! in his new Lamborgini. Got Depay written all over him I`m afraid. Really hope I am wrong as we need a decent winger on the right

Unread 28-12-2022, 06:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Jury is out on this guy I am afraid. Doesn`t do himself any favours by carrying half a dozen Louis Vuitton bags around in public and by acting a #@&%! in his new Lamborgini. Got Depay written all over him I`m afraid. Really hope I am wrong as we need a decent winger on the right
Acting a #@&%! in his new car ?

It's 340k couple of weeks wages.....

We may aswell sell him at this point....

Unread 28-12-2022, 07:16 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Acting a #@&%! in his new car ?

It's 340k couple of weeks wages.....

We may aswell sell him at this point....
I was refering to him posting a picture on social media while he was driving it. I think someone advised him that it wasn`t such a good idea and it was deleted fairly quickly.
Now if he gets his initials embroided on the seats, I think that would be a good time to sell him

Unread 28-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Pop

Real Valladolid in two years, undisclosed fee, nqat

Unread 28-12-2022, 08:01 PM
Medlock

He's very one-footed

Unread 28-12-2022, 09:03 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
He's very one-footed
And even that one is a bit bobbins

Unread 31-12-2022, 06:48 PM
Joe Biden

Shite again. Bissaka penetrated the box more than this fanny today.

Unread 31-12-2022, 08:03 PM
windy waffles

Looking like a dud...

Sancho, VdB, Antony...

I'll allow ETH this #@&%! up...

Over £200m...

Unread 31-12-2022, 08:15 PM
Jethro

Not even remotely concerned

Unread 31-12-2022, 08:49 PM
GBMUFC2020

Doesn`t track back. Very predictable left foot. Can`t finish. On a par with Elanga but cost £80 million more.

Unread 31-12-2022, 09:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Doesn`t track back. Very predictable left foot. Can`t finish. On a par with Elanga but cost £80 million more.
Was literally last man and halted a Wolves break at one point today. Stop posting nonsense.

Unread 31-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was literally last man and halted a Wolves break at one point today. Stop posting nonsense.
Also did the same against forest, tracked back and slides in ..

It's bordering on an agenda now....

Biden aside (stopped taking his post serious ages ago )