United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2022, 07:47 AM
Joe Biden

I don't think this guy has what it takes. Shame.

Unread 07-10-2022, 08:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I don't think this guy has what it takes. Shame.
I'm officially concerned. Not worried yet, but concerned. I just don't think he suits style we've been playing.

Hope I'm wrong given the lad's talent and the amount we've spent.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Coracao

We had an infinitely better player in Greenwood.

He's far too passive, rarely ever makes something happen as chooses a safe option 9/10. He doesn't have the acceleration to threaten defenders either.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM
NedKelly

If he’s still playing like this by December then it’s time to write him off. The problem is we still look very disjointed, but he was playing a lot better himself prior to those games being postponed. The whole team was though tbf.

My main worry is that I’m not sure he’s an out and out winger - I think he may be better off playing through the middle. But that means dropping one of Bruno or Eriksen. Needs to take this season by the scruff of the neck if he wants a future here.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
My main worry is that I’m not sure he’s an out and out winger - I think he may be better off playing through the middle. But that means dropping one of Bruno or Eriksen. Needs to take this season by the scruff of the neck if he wants a future here.
all of our forwards are "sort of wingers/strikers."

one of bruno or eriksen should play anyway.

sancho will be fine.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s a strange player. A lot of his game is much needed in our set up. He has a great touch and composure that most of our forwards lack.

In and around the box, he’s really good, but any 20 yards back and he’s painfully slow. Two and three touches all the time and he’s soft as shit in a challenge. Far too easily bullied off the ball.

He’s too often on the periphery of things for someone so talented.

Not overly concerned, but he’s got a year under his belt and he’s getting picked in his best position every week. No excuses to not kick on this season. But that applies to about £#%&!ing ten of them.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:27 AM
armchair

Remember Martial saying he was playing injured and couldn't fully sprint? That's what Sancho reminds me of.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:31 AM
doudou

He was never properly scouted. In 2020 United wanted to sign a fast, right-sided attacker who scores goals to complement Rashford on the left.

Sancho is none of those things, it tells you all you need to know about United's recruitment that they wanted to blow the entire budget on entirely the wrong player.

He's undoubtedly a good player -- and the annoying thing is he'd look great in that City team -- but he's not the right player for this United team right now.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Jethro

He does this infuriating thing where he shimmy's with his right foot as if he's going to do some mind blowing trick then does nothing but pass straight back.

Will be at West Ham in a two seasons time. Such a disappointment.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Lok

Passive is the best word to describe him. It's true for a lot of the team though.

Nobody really takes responsibility and makes things happen. All too happy passing it backwards and not making the right runs.

There's plenty of time for him to come good but he really needs to step up.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:59 AM
Denis Irwell

Wouldn’t put him in vs Everton. Too physical. Reckon a lot of other national players (I know he’s English) don’t fancy the PL for that reason. Why would you come to the PL when you can stroll around France and still pick up a decent wedge even if you’re not PSG.
Was reading a piece about Michael Ball the other day, outlining the injuries he’s had, and pressures put on not only him to play, but the medicos to make light of it as well. Understandable players going to their own doc when they can’t trust the club guy.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:00 AM
ZiggyStardust

He’s weak and timid

I bet he actually would be really quick in a sprint, not Rashford quick but still plenty fast enough
The problem is he’s afraid to take players on because he doesn’t want to get into a physical duel with an opposition player

ETH has to purge the weakness from this squad and if that requires moving on from Sancho at the end of the season then so be it

Disappointing after such a promising pre-season

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He does this infuriating thing where he shimmy's with his right foot as if he's going to do some mind blowing trick then does nothing but pass straight back.

Will be at West Ham in a two seasons time. Such a disappointment.
Straight swap for Rice?

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:02 AM
dunk

Needs to be more central and playmaking, also needs to learn to play that role. It’s not looking good.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:05 AM
Sparky***

he's struggling like all our attackers. No £#%&!ing shock there really.

All of them look low on confidence at the moment apart from Monsieur Glass so they over complicate everything. One pass too many, one touch too many, nothing seems to be flowing.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM
redhegemony

Starting to look like he is a no 10 in a 4-4-2..

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wouldn’t put him in vs Everton. Too physical. Reckon a lot of other national players (I know he’s English) don’t fancy the PL for that reason. Why would you come to the PL when you can stroll around France and still pick up a decent wedge even if you’re not PSG.
Was reading a piece about Michael Ball the other day, outlining the injuries he’s had, and pressures put on not only him to play, but the medicos to make light of it as well. Understandable players going to their own doc when they can’t trust the club guy.
come along way since phantom of the opera

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:09 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's struggling like all our attackers. No £#%&!ing shock there really.

All of them look low on confidence at the moment apart from Monsieur Glass so they over complicate everything. One pass too many, one touch too many, nothing seems to be flowing.
They were making the right passes yesterday tbf, the problem was they kept putting them behind their intended target. Happened over and over again, was so frustrating that I actually punched my leg in anger.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:16 AM
tatty

Not many of our players are looking good at the moment so I’m not surprised a kid is struggling.

If we are back on track as a team next season and he still isn’t looking right then I’ll be more concerned.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
They were making the right passes yesterday tbf, the problem was they kept putting them behind their intended target. Happened over and over again, was so frustrating that I actually punched my leg in anger.
Hope the leg’s ok
Closed Thread