United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 09-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Sparky***

Uncharted.

I'm always sceptical of any films made based off computer games - they always end up being pretty shit for the most part. Well, this is no different tbh. Given my fondness for games I was hoping for something more than a half-arsed rip off of "national treasure".

Tom Holland as Nathan Drake is perhaps the worst bit of casting since they got Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher. No slight on Holland who is a decent actor, but he's too small and far too young looking to pull off the role of a seasoned treasure hunting action man/ thief like Nathan Drake.

5/10

Unread 09-05-2022, 09:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Uncharted.

I'm always sceptical of any films made based off computer games - they always end up being pretty shit for the most part. Well, this is no different tbh. Given my fondness for games I was hoping for something more than a half-arsed rip off of "national treasure".

Tom Holland as Nathan Drake is perhaps the worst bit of casting since they got Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher. No slight on Holland who is a decent actor, but he's too small and far too young looking to pull off the role of a seasoned treasure hunting action man/ thief like Nathan Drake.

5/10
Must watch

Unread 09-05-2022, 09:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Is that supposed to be amusing in some way?

Unread 09-05-2022, 09:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well I did find it funny. But then you came along and corrected me. Thank you Dunk.

Unread 09-05-2022, 10:01 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
You bloody giant headed pumpkin freak.

Listen. I've had a rough time. Life is hard. United are dire. That's OK.

However.....

Never question Pitch Meetings. Intelligent comedy gold.

I'm gonna need you to get all the way off my back about this. Now.

Unread 09-05-2022, 10:42 PM
Ethers

I’ll be the first to say that Jez posts some videos of unfunny shite on here at times, but those Pitch Meetings ones are always brilliant imo

Unread 09-05-2022, 11:23 PM
windy waffles

The guy who does Pitch Meetings is superb.

As for Uncharted, Mark Whalberg would have been a more suitable Drake ffs.

Unread 10-05-2022, 07:02 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’ll be the first to say that Jez posts some videos of unfunny shite on here at times, but those Pitch Meetings ones are always brilliant imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
The guy who does Pitch Meetings is superb.

As for Uncharted, Mark Whalberg would have been a more suitable Drake ffs.

Wow wow wow…wow.

Sages know.

Suspect Dunk will wake up feeling like Britney Spears this morning.

Finally watched Red Notice last night. The Rock is not great is he?

Unread 10-05-2022, 08:09 AM
dunk

The film was shite, nqat, the pitch meeting thing was horrible. I suggest you all give your heads a wobble tbh.

Unread 10-05-2022, 08:11 AM
Jethro

The Choirboys - Police Academy but if it was racist, sexist and homophobic, Wait, isn't that Police Academy anyway? Choirboys is like 4chan humour in a 70s cop film. One scene in particular had me in tears with a stereotypical portrayal of a super camp gay man complete with pink dog. Not for everyone.

Unread 10-05-2022, 09:38 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
The film was shite, nqat, the pitch meeting thing was horrible. I suggest you all give your heads a wobble tbh.
Pitch Meeting guy can only work with the material in the film, pol.

Unread 10-05-2022, 09:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Pitch Meeting guy can only work with the material in the film, pol.
‘Work’ is an interesting description of what that is tbh. Based on the concept of the pitch meeting guy, you’d think the worse the movie and more absurd the plot the more material he would have, but here we are.

Unread 10-05-2022, 10:48 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
‘Work’ is an interesting description of what that is tbh. Based on the concept of the pitch meeting guy, you’d think the worse the movie and more absurd the plot the more material he would have, but here we are.
I thought his Pitch Meeting was very good. You didn't. It happens.

Unread 10-05-2022, 11:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
I thought his Pitch Meeting was very good. You didn't. It happens.
You’re the reason the film got made then

Unread 10-05-2022, 07:17 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
I can't continue this feud whilst Ukraine is ongoing.

Apology accepted and let's move on.

As a peace offering - today Honest Trailers released this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I can't continue this feud whilst Ukraine is ongoing.

It takes a big man to apologise and I respect that. Apology accepted and let's move on.

As a peace offering - today Honest Trailers released this!!

https://youtu.be/0IgrkhBTMFY

Unread 18-05-2022, 10:11 AM
suedeshoes

Watched In Bruges with my lad. He'd never seen it before. He loved it. Brilliant performances.

Unread 19-05-2022, 04:58 PM
dunk

Watched a random movie called Tamara Drew on Disney+, an English Romcom thing, lighthearted and alright, 100% worth it for a brief view of Gemma Arterton’s buttocks.

Unread 19-05-2022, 05:03 PM
Sapien

Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though

Unread 19-05-2022, 05:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though
I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Unread 19-05-2022, 06:53 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I don't think we can be friends anymore.
You'll find plenty of like minded people on Grindr mate.