Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Conte?
Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:42 AM
Ethers

Absolutely nobody would be asking for this wiggy @#%&! if we weren’t on such a bad run of form. If you made a list of the top 40 candidates to manage United in an ideal world I doubt he’d even make it.

You’re on a night out, you’ve had a massive argument with your bird, and she’s gone back to her parents. It’s probably over. Conte is the 6/10 you see at the bar at the end of the night. Don’t do it, keep your dignity.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You asked for it pal

https://youtu.be/Epygwgr_x0Q

Not watched it myself

But when a £#%&!ing YouTuber rips your tactics apart you know it’s time to give up.
I had to turn it off. I’m not ready yet.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolutely nobody would be asking for this wiggy @#%&! if we weren’t on such a bad run of form. If you made a list of the top 40 candidates to manage United in an ideal world I doubt he’d even make it.

You’re on a night out, you’ve had a massive argument with your bird, and she’s gone back to her parents. It’s probably over. Conte is the 6/10 you see at the bar at the end of the night. Don’t do it, keep your dignity.
Yes but your bird is a 3/10.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Baron

Quote:

Agree btw - I don't want to see Conte's football at Utd. He's another who'll come for 2 years and piss off again. It might be what modern football is, but the fact remains better coaches are out there capable of making their mark with this side.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:53 AM
tatty

This squad needs to be taught how to defend properly, how to set themselves up, how to manage games, how to press etc etc etc.

It needs a manager who will hit them with both barrels and keep hitting them until they get the basics. Then we can move on to the fantasy stuff.

We need to £#%&! off this scouse sentimentality about 'the United way'...unless it's Colchester United.

Unread 25-10-2021, 11:57 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

It’s a little bit more than a bad run of form. We’re at rock bottom as he put it, probably our lowest point since Ferguson.

What don’t you like about him? That he wins titles? His personality? His hair?

I don’t think football managers need to be likeable to everyone. They’re managers.. not babysitters.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
It’s a little bit more than a bad run of form. We’re at rock bottom as he put it, probably our lowest point since Ferguson.

I don’t think football managers need to be likeable to everyone. They’re managers.. not babysitters.
It’s not form at all. This has carried over from last season and even at our best moments, we’re chaotic. There has been no calmness or control to anything we’ve done during his whole tenure.

This isn’t a reaction to nine games. People (Gary Neville) need to stop saying that. He came into this season with a lot of doubt. It was pretty much accepted that, with the signings, we had to improve and really kick on. Now we’re already adjusting expectation to ‘there’s still plenty to fight for’. No. That wasn’t the remit. It was a title challenge and that wasn’t an unreasonable expectation for a team that was top late last year and added the players we did.

Neville himself was even unsure when asked who he thought would finish higher, Liverpool or United. That’s where some people were.

The more measured Ole supporter has said that he’s done a good job. Not a brilliant job, not claiming he will 100% get it right, but relatively happy with what they were seeing and happy to give him longer. That was it. That was as good at it got.

I’d understand support for him now if he’d won us the league last season, but the biggest defence at any point was that he was doing a pretty good job.

There’s really very little to fall back on now and or any reason to think he will or even deserves more of a chance.

He’s been incredibly lucky to be given three years in charge considering what he’s done in the game.

We don’t owe anything to him or the idea of continuing with this venture. It has never been clearer that this won’t work, so persisting with something so clearly wrong is not a good or necessary thing.

“They have to see this through”

No. No they don’t.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:20 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The more measured Ole supporter has said that he’s done a good job.
Another reason why he needs to go. People aren’t thinking straight with him in charge.

Any other manager would have been long gone. Imagine Van Gaal (who apparently had fine attention to detail when approaching games) staying another season after losing the Europa final?

We need to give an actual manager a good 18 months. I couldn’t give a £#%&! about the ‘United way’.. if yesterday was anything to go by. I’d rather see us compete and push for trophies and be respected.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Another reason why he needs to go. People aren’t thinking straight with him in charge.

Any other manager would have been long gone. Imagine Van Gaal (who apparently had fine attention to detail when approaching games) staying another season after losing the Europa final?

We need to give an actual manager a good 18 months. I couldn’t give a £#%&! about the ‘United way’.. if yesterday was anything to go by. I’d rather see us compete and push for trophies and be respected.
Part of the United Way he’s referring to was also winning. Often ugly. And it never consisted of losing 5-0 to Liverpool.

Fergie wanted style, he knew the importance of it, but it’s nothing without winning. And they’re not mutually exclusive. You don’t lose heavily in ‘style’. Winning breeds confidence, which allows for more style.

Even when we won the title in 1993, there is that clip of Fergie in the dressing room where he says something like

“Go out and enjoy it…but enjoy it and win”

They’d won the league, earned the right to enjoy a game, but the last instruction was still to win.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Hair for me pal. Or lack of. A wig in 2021? Come on. Don’t think you can seriously manage at the top level and gain the respect of these lazy #@&%!s with that level of subterfuge. How can you have an honest convo with a player when you’re not being honest to yourself?

You can imagine the conversation now:

Conte:”I want you to drop deeper and cover more ground Paul. We need to retain possession and if you lose it, you have to work harder than you are doing to regain it!”

Pogba: “is that your real hair?”

Can’t see how it can work.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:49 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Hair for me pal. Or lack of. A wig in 2021? Come on. Don’t think you can seriously manage at the top level and gain the respect of these lazy #@&%!s with that level of subterfuge. How can you have an honest convo with a player when you’re not being honest to yourself?

Conte:”I want you to drop deeper and cover more ground Paul. We need to retain possession and if you lose it, you have to work harder than you are doing to regain it!”

Fair point though. Didn't even bother with the implants like Rooney did. Just a wig and a tub of glue.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Can't argue with this tbf.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:

He’s not wrong.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:10 PM
Spock

Quote:

He’s not wrong.

as to Conte, yep at this moment i'd take him

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Sparky***

This guy v shaw and wan bissaka

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:13 PM
windy waffles

Think he will do a good job tbh.

You know he will set us up to be difficult to be play against which, at this time, should be the number one priority.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:15 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Read any autobiography about players in Italy and they say the same thing - the level of professionalism and standards is high. The shite we've served up wouldn't be tolerated from either the players or manager

We're so behind the curve

We're soft as shit

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:17 PM
windy waffles

Hoping to see a lot of this:

But I'm sure after three games in charge he will be resigned to this:

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Sloppy

Bring him in and some italian defenders too.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:18 PM
AK14

Should be him

Get the feeling it’ll end being Zidane though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Hoping to see a lot of this:

But I'm sure after three games in charge he will be resigned to this:

Closed Thread