United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2007, 03:32 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
..but in a straight "who'd you rather have , Rooney or Ronaldo ? ", I'd plum for Rooney everytime.
probably. Because you have to see other scenarios like whether he is loyal or not etc. rooney will probably end his career at united if not for something disastrous as we following leeds down or he becomes woefully poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I like Torres but if there's one thing he isn't at the moment it's consistent. Even so far at Liverpool he seems to have blown hot and cold. He really needs to improve his finishing if he's going to get close to winning any individual awards at the end of the season.

Don't think he'll get near Ronaldo in terms of contribution, tbh.
I just think he will be difference between liverpool getting decent points total and not. Hence what I suggested as significant contribution. Ronaldo's contribution might look less because even though he provides so much it will come from other sources too like rooney, giggs ( yes later on in the season hopefully ), scholes, carrick, hargreaves, nani, anderson, tevez, saha.

Unread 21-09-2007, 04:54 PM
legendary saf

Let's just be happy we've got them both, I don't understand why our fans have to constantly compare our 2 best players to eachother. Imagine if one of them had been at another club?

Unread 21-09-2007, 05:01 PM
MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Let's just be happy we've got them both, I don't understand why our fans have to constantly compare our 2 best players to eachother. Imagine if one of them had been at another club?
Then the comparison would be easy.

Unread 21-09-2007, 05:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Exactly.

When Ronaldo's playing well, I don't think "£#%&!ing hell, this really puts Rooney in his place doesn't it" ...& vice versa when Rooney's fit & flying I don't use it as an excuse to highlight Ronaldo's shortcomings.
It does tend to be a more 'anti-Rooney' thing than anything else which is a shame.
I think there's more to it than just footballing reasons though.

Rooney hasn't even had chance to prove what kind of a season he's going to have this year.
He broke his foot after half an hour of the opening game & made his comeback the other night in the putrid 4-5-1 formation, stuck up top on his own with no support.

This myth that Rooney doesn't do it in the big games is pathetic & clearly not true.
Not only did he score a 'Title winning' goal at Goodison last season, he also scored in the Quarter Finals & Semi Finals of both the FA & European Cup's...as well as being our best player in the Cup Final at Wembley (ran Chelsea ragged at times. Not his fault most the other lads failed to turn up)

They're both top drawer players & along with Kaka & Messi make up the Top 4 young players in the World in my opinion.

Unread 21-09-2007, 05:57 PM
magic_cantona

Rooney OUT for Scott Parker

Ronaldo OUT for Jagielka.

I'm still £#%&!ed off at losing all my vcash.

Unread 21-09-2007, 06:18 PM
notrightnow

I like comparing them in this clip.

[YOUTUBE]tvQpkxRTKGM[/YOUTUBE]

I can't imagine Roo doing Ron's job in the clip, but I can't actually imagine Ron deciding to do Roo's job there either.

Isn't it great to be us.

Unread 21-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Anyone who doesn't realise what a brilliant player Rooney is, is completely deranged.

He isn't performing to 100% of his ability because of our manager's insane tactics, insisting on playing a past it left winger in Rooney's best position. But you cannot fault his commitment and attitude even being played out of position.

As to the loon who further up the thread lauded Ronnie's set pieces, the mind boggles.......

Unread 21-09-2007, 06:23 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Anyone who doesn't realise what a brilliant player Rooney is, is completely deranged.

He isn't performing to 100% of his ability because of our manager's insane tactics, insisting on playing a past it left winger in Rooney's best position. But you cannot fault his commitment and attitude even being played out of position.

As to the loon who further up the thread lauded Ronnie's set pieces, the mind boggles.......

spottus onnus.

Unread 21-09-2007, 06:24 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Exactly.

When Ronaldo's playing well, I don't think "£#%&!ing hell, this really puts Rooney in his place doesn't it" ...& vice versa when Rooney's fit & flying I don't use it as an excuse to highlight Ronaldo's shortcomings.
It does tend to be a more 'anti-Rooney' thing than anything else which is a shame.
I think there's more to it than just footballing reasons though.

Rooney hasn't even had chance to prove what kind of a season he's going to have this year.
He broke his foot after half an hour of the opening game & made his comeback the other night in the putrid 4-5-1 formation, stuck up top on his own with no support.

This myth that Rooney doesn't do it in the big games is pathetic & clearly not true.
Not only did he score a 'Title winning' goal at Goodison last season, he also scored in the Quarter Finals & Semi Finals of both the FA & European Cup's...as well as being our best player in the Cup Final at Wembley (ran Chelsea ragged at times. Not his fault most the other lads failed to turn up)

They're both top drawer players & along with Kaka & Messi make up the Top 4 young players in the World in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrightnow
I like comparing them in this clip.

[YOUTUBE]tvQpkxRTKGM[/YOUTUBE]

I can't imagine Roo doing Ron's job in the clip, but I can't actually imagine Ron deciding to do Roo's job there either.

Isn't it great to be us.

Unread 21-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

The best point on this thread is the one that says Ronaldo plays well wherever he is on the pitch and at whatever level he plays at, and for Rooney to be classed in the same bracket he has to do the same. The excuse that Ferguson's tactics are a hinderance to Rooney's development is £#%&!ing laughable.

Rooney has performed brilliantly in various positions in some huge games. But Ronaldo has been the best player at both of the last two international football tournaments.

We are lucky to watch both players playing in the same United team. But if it was one or the other I'd have Ronaldo every time. It's not even a debate. Rooney can and will improve. But so will Ronaldo. And Ronaldo is already physically superior as well. He will be universally acclaimed as the best player in the world very soon.
Closed Thread