United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Evans can play left back, he did so all last season. nft.
For Sunderland? No he didn't.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Centre-half alongside Nosworthy, wasn't he? I remember the pair of them getting rave reviews.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:02 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
For Sunderland? No he didn't.
NI? nft.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
yup. I actually can't wait for one of our youngsters who actually has basic footballing talent to be given a chance. you are right.
You really are a £#%&!wit.

You think that Silvestre, O'Shea and Fletcher have no footballing talent, despite their honours and international caps?

They must be some £#%&!ing actors as they have fooled so many coaches and managers for so long.

You are absolutely right of course, a right footed centre half can easily slot in at left back for a title chasing side in big games, just so long as he has played 2 games there for his country.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:12 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You really are a £#%&!wit.

You think that Silvestre, O'Shea and Fletcher have no footballing talent, despite their honours and international caps?

They must be some £#%&!ing actors as they have fooled so many coaches and managers for so long.

You are absolutely right of course, a right footed centre half can easily slot in at left back for a title chasing side in big games, just so long as he has played 2 games there for his country.
I was talking about O shea in particular.

I won't consider someone a footballer ( especially when he is getting paid thousands of pounds every week ) if he can't pass a ball or trap the ball to be within his control.

nft!

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
NI? nft.
So he's played a handful of games at left back but his regular position at club level was CB. Hmmmm...

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
I was talking about O shea in particular.

I won't consider someone a footballer ( especially when he is getting paid thousands of pounds every week ) if he can't pass a ball or trap the ball to be within his control.

nft!
Seriously now, have you ever seen John O'Shea play?

His touch, technique and simple passing can not be questioned. His movement and ability to provide anything other than an ordinary pass can, but other than that he is a good steady player and a very good footballer.

When he plays the same position regularly he quickly becomes a consistantly good performer and for the second half of last season was integral to the team in every position he played.

I'm afraid you come across as clueless Sharath.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Whalefish

Have you watched every minute of every game Evans has played for NI?

Pace of international football is also a lot slower than the games in the Premiership so I wouldn't really use performances in international games as a means to judge whether a youngster is ready to be chucked into must win Premiership games.

He looks a good prospect though.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:37 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Have you watched every minute of every game Evans has played for NI?

Pace of international football is also a lot slower than the games in the Premiership so I wouldn't really use performances in international games as a means to judge whether a youngster is ready to be chucked into must win Premiership games.

He looks a good prospect though.
Mr.Whaley, It was a tongue firmly planted in cheek comment.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:51 AM
sharath

Quote:
If he is as bad as you say he is, how have we performed so well with him in the side for so long?

When he was in the middle alongside Giggs for the second half of the season before last, he was excellent, read the game well, kept the ball moving and provide the screen in front of the back four that llowed us to go on our best run in 2 years, at the time.

Last season he played left back, right back, midfield and goalkeeper, he never let us down once, his overall game was good despite not playing regularly or even in the same position everytime he was picked.

I think you must have him confused with Eric Djemba-Djemba, which is a distinct possibility as you give the impression that you are very short sighted.

You thick £#%&!er.
I thought we have done poorly for so long with him in the side and thats why he is called shite and thats why he isn't first choice.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
I thought we have done poorly for so long with him in the side and thats why he is called shite and thats why he isn't first choice.
title?

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
We have done poorly? When was this? Oh, you mean we didn't win the league for a couple of years due to the unprecedented excellence of our rivals.

You £#%&!ing spoilt @#%&!.

He isn't first choice because we have excellent players in most positions and he is just very good. He is 1st choice replacement though, if that counts for anything.

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
You £#%&!ing spoilt @#%&!.

is just about the jist of it.

Unread 17-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo (no capital at the start)
is just about the jist of it.
A spoilt @#%&! with a smattering of £#%&!ing clueless.
Closed Thread