United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I mean... you've just parotted my point though? For France he had better players around him, for Juve he had some combo of Pirlo, Vidal & Marchisio to help - he was first choice for both club & country winning those leagues, the World Cup, getting to a CL final. He's no passenger when he has the quality around him.

Maybe we could buy a couple of other decent f***ing midfielders rather than w*****g our load of shite like Fred & Matic? That's £90m worth, you cited Kante & Matuidi, players that respectively cost ~£30m each, so we could have had both & also bought Maddison when he moved from Norwich to Leicester if we had the right people directing transfers with some understanding of what we needed.

Pogba's an issue in this side, he's not an issue if you put better players alongside him. Let alone letting Herrera leave, the only other lad with any energy or quality in that role we've had.
No mate, you basically rephrased MY original point. Pogba isn't the solution to a fortified, cohesive midfield. We both agree. Yes he can play infront of a fortified, cohesive midfield, but he won't be the cornerstone to one.

Which was my original point. you want to keep him, fine, i'm not arsed if he goes.

There is no argument here OMMMMmmmmmmm

Unread 09-10-2019, 01:06 PM
AK14

Wasn’t Matuidi a Mou target in his first season? Think he was tbh.

Woodward probably told him no.

Unread 09-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wasn’t Matuidi a Mou target in his first season? Think he was tbh.

Woodward probably told him no.
I believe so Again woodward chasing social media stars over footballing quality (imo)

Unread 09-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
No mate, you basically rephrased MY original point. Pogba isn't the solution to a fortified, cohesive midfield. We both agree. Yes he can play infront of a fortified, cohesive midfield, but he won't be the cornerstone to one.

Which was my original point. you want to keep him, fine, i'm not arsed if he goes.

There is no argument here OMMMMmmmmmmm
Why would you want to get rid of a player that is capable of playing at the top of the game, World Cup final, CL final, won leagues & cups his whole career?

Buying another one of those is difficult. We have him already, buy the other two to help him. It's easier.

If you sell him, you need a whole new midfield which is harder.

Unread 09-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Why would you want to get rid of a player that is capable of playing at the top of the game, World Cup final, CL final, won leagues & cups his whole career?

Buying another one of those is difficult. We have him already, buy the other two to help him. It's easier.

If you sell him, you need a whole new midfield which is harder.
I agree.

I don't mind if Pogba goes, simply because his sulking, dabbing, look at me antics get on my baps. If he changed his attitude, he could be a worldbeater. As it stands, he is a luxury we cannot afford, and it sticks in my throat

Unread 09-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Sign a ST, CM, RW. Quality players, not motivated entirely by money, not looking for one last payday, but players with the right character and motivation. It is apparent Ole wanted a ST and CM in the summer, which the board failed to bring in, how about actually delivering......

We've got the makings of a decent back 4 / 5 imo. If we sign a ST, RW, CM, get some of these spineless shithouses fit and pulling their fingers out, we might actually start getting somewhere. Then we can stop being desperate and irrational, and it will help the youth out. We can start being more selective, and moving the odd player on when we know they cant cut it rather than having to mass cull the squad or try to move mercenaries on that are paid incredible wages.

But as usual, we're on a knife edge. This could go either which way, because its such a mess from the board and ownership down. I have little faith they'll hold their nerve or stick to the strategy (or improve it).
If they stick with ole and back him with purchase and sales, it’s will only be a matter of time before we have a strong dressing room again. Then we’ll see what he can do with it and be able to judge him accordingly.

Quote:
& yet Pogba has worked in every other midfield he's played in? He's not so egotistical to be incapable of playing with other players - there's literal proof by looking at every other side he's played in both domestically & internationally. Serial winners.

He's incapable of playing with shit players & elevating them or leading. He can play with world class sides, win leagues & World Cups, being an integral part. He can't pull a shit side up. So give him better players to play alongside rather than losing the one player we have that is capable.

Why we find the need to cane him rather than the club is a bit weird.
f*** Pogba.

Quote:
I mean... you've just parotted my point though? For France he had better players around him, for Juve he had some combo of Pirlo, Vidal & Marchisio to help - he was first choice for both club & country winning those leagues, the World Cup, getting to a CL final. He's no passenger when he has the quality around him.
So, basically you need other players to carry him so he can stroll around looking for his YouTube moment. Unless it’s a World Cup where he’ll knuckle down for a few games and be disciplined. But if a united manager asks him to do that, he either won’t do it or isn’t capable of doing it for a season.

Quote:
Maybe we could buy a couple of other decent f***ing midfielders rather than w*****g our load on shite like Fred & Matic? That's £90m worth, you cited Kante & Matuidi, players that respectively cost ~£30m each, so we could have had both & also bought Maddison when he moved from Norwich to Leicester if we had the right people directing transfers with some understanding of what we needed.
We finally have a man in charge who understands precisely that. And some want him sacked 10 games after his 1 transfer window.

Quote:
Because he couldn’t care less about united and wants to leave. If he put the effort in whilst surrounded by rubbish, you may have a point. There’s just no excuse for the attitude we’ve seen from him over the past 3 years, despite the many people constantly making excuses for him.

Unread 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM
The Stella Fella

if

Unread 09-10-2019, 07:53 PM
Alex Jones was Right

If that’s the club, they’re throwing him to the wolves. “If he feels the squad needs strengthening” ffs.

Unread 09-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Switching Off

Fernandes and loan Costa realistic, get some wins under our belt, play some decent football and have a go at the Europa.

Then 4 top young uns in the summer.

Unread 09-10-2019, 08:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If that’s the club, they’re throwing him to the wolves. “If he feels the squad needs strengthening” ffs.
That is Woody weaselling all over, innit.

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:22 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Fernandes and loan Costa realistic, get some wins under our belt, play some decent football and have a go at the Europa.

Then 4 top young uns in the summer.
They won't want to be playing in the Championship.

HTH.

Unread 10-10-2019, 11:01 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If they stick with ole and back him with purchase and sales, it’s will only be a matter of time before we have a strong dressing room again. Then we’ll see what he can do with it and be able to judge him accordingly.

£#%&! Pogba.

So, basically you need other players to carry him so he can stroll around looking for his YouTube moment. Unless it’s a World Cup where he’ll knuckle down for a few games and be disciplined. But if a united manager asks him to do that, he either won’t do it or isn’t capable of doing it for a season.

We finally have a man in charge who understands precisely that. And some want him sacked 10 games after his 1 transfer window.

Because he couldn’t care less about united and wants to leave. If he put the effort in whilst surrounded by rubbish, you may have a point. There’s just no excuse for the attitude we’ve seen from him over the past 3 years, despite the many people constantly making excuses for him.

Unread 10-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You’re basically admitting you’re a moron.

Unread 10-10-2019, 01:05 PM
utd99

I can’t believe we’re still talking about Pogba as though he can be any part of the solution to this shit sandwich. Let me spell it out: HE DOESN’T WANT TO BE HERE. You simply cannot plan around a person like this with an agent like that; it doesn’t matter if he’s the next Maradona.

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:08 PM
waynes ear's

well thats midfield sorted

its not true

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

https://twitter.com/Ma7utd_/status/1...287618048?s=20

its not true
wumming @#%&!

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:23 PM
utd99

Quote:

its not true
They should have made it 3 years..that might have slipped through.

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:30 PM
dunk

Quote:

its not true
Out of order that imo. There's some things you just don't joke about.

Unread 10-10-2019, 04:50 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
wumming @#%&!

Unread 10-10-2019, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
They won't want to be playing in the Championship.

HTH.
They might think that they could stop such a calamity occurring.
Closed Thread