United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 03-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
My two out for walkies today. Absolutely wore me out to buggery.

GSD's love the cold.

Klaus used to love the snow. Roll in it, nestle himself in it.

Unread 03-03-2018, 02:01 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
GSD's love the cold.

Klaus used to love the snow. Roll in it, nestle himself in it.

he even had snow tyres towards the end.

RIP in sbow Santa Klaus

Unread 05-03-2018, 07:04 PM
DuanePipe

We recently did an interview and photo-shoot for our mag with Ricky Gervais and this dog, Scarlett.

Scarlett was bred in a lab to be tested on. She had three years of that. Now she's living a normal life with a normal family. Happy dog story.

http://www.k9magazine.com/the-story-...ds-to-be-seen/

Experimenting on dogs.

If you ignore the ethical side - which I'm more than happy to do, if it comes down to whether sewing a Beagle's eyes shut could provide us with a cure for cancer, I'd be all 'go science!'. But it's not producing results and actually could be hindering medical advances.

http://www.k9magazine.com/experiment...es-for-humans/

Incidentally, the scientist (Prof Blakemore) who did conduct experiments sewing kittens eyes shut, was attempting to demonstrate that lack of exposure to light would probably cause depression (no shit!) and stunt mental development (again, no shit!).

We, along with others, have asked Prof Blakemore to provide some data or evidence for any significant medical developments his years of experimenting on dogs have produced. Shouldn't be hard, right? So far he's refused to engage. Over 600,000 have signed a petition asking him to simply take part in a scientific debate to explain the medical benefits of his work. Again, nothing. Not that I think petitions are worth a damn in this day and age.

Any way, the government has given Blakemore the go ahead to build a new facility in Yorks where he can breed dogs and test on them to his heart's content - despite providing no evidence to any medical advances to justify his work. Lovely stuff.

Unread 05-03-2018, 07:06 PM
waynes ear's

What the fuck?

Unread 05-03-2018, 08:06 PM
irk

I suspect that is how he gets his kicks. Should have his eyes sewn shut and be kicked up and down market street.

Unread 05-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Child of Darkness

Wonder what history will make of these people ?

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:42 PM
utd99

Took my two out for their evening walk last night, got home and my oldest dropped dead on the spot. Coronary we think. 10 year old bulldog, Buster.

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:56 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Took my two out for their evening walk last night, got home and my oldest dropped dead on the spot. Coronary we think. 10 year old bulldog, Buster.
RIP Buster Bloodvessel

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Sorry to hear that pal

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:59 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
fucking hell