United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
TreeFiddy

Anderson actually looked a little bit shy which is no surprise seeing as he's not yet settled into the team and got to know all the players and coaches well. Once he settles in and gets to play in big games and impose himself, I think we'll see his best football.

Unread 09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Lok

From what I've seen this pre-season I'm starting to get giddy!!! This could be the best squad we've ever had. Nani and Anderson have both looked very impressive. Nani almost appears the finished article, his game is far more developed than Ronaldo's was when he joined. If he can improve further we could have something special on our hands.

Anderson looks very mature for his age, his passing and vision are very advanced for a 19 year old. I can't wait until he gets the fitness/confidence to run at players like on his many youtube tributes.

We all know what Hargreaves is about and hopefully he'll be the solution to our shortcomings in Europe.

I'm still not sure how Tevez fits into the plans but there's no doubting he's a quality player who will bring something to the squad. It'll be interesting to see how he steps up his game now he is at a big club. He seems to have the energy and attitude to succeed, I just hope he hits the ground running.

Unread 09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
JakeB

I absolutely loved watching these two tonight. Nani was obviously more explosive, but Anderson in that first half...a joy to watch, and he obviously wasnt even fit. His passing, vision, strength, he was even organising the midfield for a while..telling Carrick where to put it . If these two can translate this kind of play (and more) into the season proper over the next few years, well we're a very lucky set of fans. Their style of play is what United should be all about.

Nani's pace was great tonight. Shocked me a little, faster than I thought he was, and he has so much tenacity, GREAT to see. Frazer Campbell and Lee Martin impressed too, both very raw though. Simpson looked solid too..I dont see why he can't build on that solid base he has. Oh..and I love Patrice Evra

Edit:...And to think we have Tevez to come. My word!

Unread 09-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Great finish from Giggs; true class. Pique looks like a player as well
I watched Pique playing for spain in the U20 world cup in July - saw all the Spain games - he's actually turning into a decent player, i think if he can get 3-8 games for united this year he might surprise a few people, his game has matured a fair bit, his positional play is almost there and his distrubution is looking good too, Still can get caught a bit flat footed now and then but he's really coming along from what i could see.

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Anderson has been the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Reminds me, fingers crossed, of a young Paul Scholes
Exactly what I was saying last night.
He seemed to have loads of time on the ball even with players around him, always making space for himself.
Great passer of the ball and a decent shot on him as well.

Looks like free kicks could be interesting this year with Nani, Anderson, Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney all scrapping for the ball

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:29 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
they've all looked good, but glentoran are shite.

lee martin has a bright future for my money
Not at UTD though.

Unread 09-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Tiberian

Nani looks as if he could make an immediate impact. The team picked for Reading will be interesting.

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Scholes

Ronaldo
Giggs
Nani

Rooney

Anderson looks a little off full fitness, If Hargreaves was fully fit I would stick him at right back ahead of Brown, would offer far more quality going forward. Hopefully we can do without O'Shea being stuck in midfield to start off the season.

Unread 09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
dunk

Everybody crticises Fergie for playing people out of position, but the more I read this board, the more convinced I become that Hargreaves is actually a right back and not a top class midfielder.

Unread 09-08-2007, 10:26 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Nani is looking fit and very focused. It's obviously impossible to judge him properly against the standard of opposition that he's faced so far
errrrm Chelsea on sunday just gone?

Unread 09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Nani almost appears the finished article, his game is far more developed than Ronaldo's was when he joined.
He's older than Ronaldo was when he came here

Quote:
he was very small and slight last season, has he filled out any bit? no doubting his quality though, very tidy little footballer.
Didn't seem him last season so can't compare but still looks small, only just turned 17 though I think

Unread 09-08-2007, 11:59 AM
utd82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I'm still not sure how Tevez fits into the plans but there's no doubting he's a quality player who will bring something to the squad. It'll be interesting to see how he steps up his game now he is at a big club.
Don't forget he started at a huge club. Playing in the Council House surrounded by blue-seat-wearing bitters isn't really going to match up to the Boca v River derby for intensity.

Unread 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
El Calafate

Nani looks Nepalese. nft.

Unread 09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
cool_as_duck

i dreamt last night that nani was off coz of his first two touches at wembley

Unread 09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd82
Don't forget he started at a huge club. Playing in the Council House surrounded by blue-seat-wearing bitters isn't really going to match up to the Boca v River derby for intensity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkK8efEl7ak
Agreed but it's very different. The standard of some of the defences in S. America is shocking to say the least. Whilst the atmosphere might be awesome over there, River v Boca is very different to Utd v Liverpool. English football requires a different type of focus, at Anfield for example he might only get one chance all game. It's about making everything count.
Closed Thread