United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Billy Redface

Gav, shut the £#%&! up will ya, mate.

These thread bumps are going to be the high point of Harrop's career.

Unread 27-06-2017, 08:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Do you get bored with this gavin ?
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/clear...-keane.421496/

no mate he has the same lines from 2016 need to £#%&! off back to redcafe

Unread 27-06-2017, 10:14 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Football.html

"He ruled by fear," said one source close to the squad, who added that Keane's hardline management methods had alienated many at the relegation-threatened club.

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premie...d-heart-attack
I'm fine with a bit of fear amongst the players, it's a great motivator and trait Keane shares with Ferguson.

Fergie used it to great effect: -
  • “Of course he lost his temper and there was a fear about the place...”
  • “Without doubt there was fear. I certainly feared him in some regards. That was what he wanted to instil.”
  • “At half time I would look at my boots and hope I wasn't the one he would be coming for.”

All quotes above from Fergie's Aberdeen players.

That didn't end at United: -
“I remember sometimes when we do something bad or we lost some games he kicked the chairs and he kicked the boots, he kicked everything, the waters, the drinks. And he's so red and, '£#%&! you, you should pass the ball, you'...”

~Cristiano Ronaldo on Ferguson's anger

You mention times have changed and a manager can't get away with that anymore. I think if anyone could get away with it to an extent it's Keano at United – he's a cultural symbol of the club, he's been there and done that at the highest level, if the players would take it from anyone then it's him.

Saying that, Keane isn't stupid, he's an intelligent man who is well aware times change, he doesn't just shout and bawl at everyone: -
“Obviously different players have different traits, how you speak to them, who you shout at, who you don't.”

~Roy Keane

“People have got entirely the wrong idea about the gaffer. They remember him as a player, when he was all about winning, and they automatically think he must be a bit of a madman in the dressing room.

“I wish I could take some of our fans in there because they would be amazed at how he really is. Yes, we get the hairdryer from time to time but only when we really deserve it. He tells it like it is but certainly doesn’t rant and rave just for the sake of it.

“He is actually quite calm most of the time and he is brilliant at taking the pressure off the players.

“Far too much has been made of him falling out with certain players and moving them on. That happens at every club, just as players don’t always get on with other players all the time.”

~David Norris, former Ipswich captain

“I think Roy’s reputation in the media proceeds [sic] him slightly. He definitely comes across as being a little bit scarier on TV than he is in real life.

"Of course he doesn't come in singing and dancing in the morning! But he is a friendly man to speak to and very helpful if you have any questions.”

~Eunan O'Kane, Republic of Ireland

The story that the players celebrated when Keane left Sunderland is more media bullshit from an unnamed source. Which players celebrated? How many?

Not these ones: -

"I have a lot of respect for our old boss Roy.

"He was a nice man. He had a positive impact on every player at the club, he had an aura about him - he's Roy Keane!

"Someone like that is always going to be missed. My game improved under him and it continues to – hopefully."

~Grant Leadbitter, Sunderland

“But he took over the club when they were bottom of the Championship and then finished comfortably in the Premier League. That's not easy!

“I think sometimes his time at Sunderland is not given the credit for how well he actually did.

“People look at him and think he is an angry manager, but he gets the best out of players. He got the best out of me.

“I think he would be a great manager now given the opportunity, I really do think that.”

~Danny Higginbotham, Sunderland

"I have always said in the past, Roy has been a huge part of me getting my chance as a footballer.

"He gave me my debut at Sunderland and had a huge impact over my career. So I have got a lot of thanks to him for that.

"I can never really repay him for that, he started my career as a professional footballer, I learnt a lot from him while I was at Sunderland.

"To work under him was amazing."

~Jordan Henderson, Sunderland

“That season when I signed for Sunderland I only played about 10 games because I had a hairline fracture in my spine.

“Throughout that season I was very upset and I put on a lot of weight and I got bigger. But just before the end Roy took me into his office and we had a massive conversation.

“He inspired me to go away in the summer and come back in better shape than I had ever been in. I went and played very well the following season.

“He gave me some strong words of encouragement to go and do that and I will always appreciate it.

“A lot of people don’t know him on a personal level but he definitely has that side to him.”

~Kieran Richardson, Sunderland

"At Sunderland, he signed me when I was there. I've worked with him a lot. He's been a bit more in the background with Ireland.

He's someone I've always had a lot of respect for and I have always got on well with him.

"One of his best features when he was a manager was that you always knew where you stood with him.”

~Anthony Stokes, Sunderland

Can't have been Daryl Murphy, Jack Colback, Carlos Edwards or David Healy who celebrated either, since they all followed Keane to Ipswich – can't have thought too bad of him.

In all, the suggestion everyone at Sunderland hated Keane is contradicted by the evidence which tells an entirely different story. What I don't understand is why some supporters would believe everything they read in the media rather than look at the facts when it comes to a United legend.

Unread 27-06-2017, 10:20 PM
waynes ear's

jesus £#%&!ing christ can one of the £#%&!ing mods ban this absolute @#%&!

Unread 27-06-2017, 10:40 PM
armchair

i've told gav to £#%&! off to keanetalk247.com

i bet you he tries out the link.

Unread 27-06-2017, 10:46 PM
waynes ear's

Cheers boss

Unread 27-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Least he could do is pay his subs.....

Free loading a forum CnP'ing his Keane folder...

It's extremely tedious now...

Unread 27-06-2017, 11:01 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
jesus £#%&!ing christ can one of the £#%&!ing mods ban this absolute c***

Doing my nut in. Him,not you.

Unread 27-06-2017, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Thank you sir.

Unread 27-06-2017, 11:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
jesus £#%&!ing christ can one of the £#%&!ing mods ban this absolute @#%&!
Bring back the pit.

What an absolute quote the Henderson.
Closed Thread