United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:26 PM
saffers

Default Mourinho's emotions last night confirm he is someone we need to defend 100%

Jose Mourinho dedicates EFL Cup derby win to Manchester United fans

Mourinho told BBC Sport: "The players did everything and deserved to win. We are happy.

"In the last week, everything went against us but we are professionals. The fans felt deeply such a negative result and today was a good chance to clear that feeling because a derby knockout and to win gives everyone a better feeling."

Mourinho's selection was stronger and, when asked if the Chelsea defeat played a part in that, he replied: "Yes. We were on a good run of results, but it was a big defeat -- numbers that the history of this club doesn't deserve and, when I'm in a club, my heart belongs to the fans and I felt deeply for them.

"The reality is that I never had people like these ones.

"We lost 4-0 and they were supportive. Today the stadium was full of real support and it looks like the love people have for the club is bigger than bad results, bigger than three bad seasons.

"We must give something back. The players gave everything but, even if we'd lost, the feeling was fantastic because the players showed they really care and they fought for the fans."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-uni...by-win-to-fans

Would a man with an ego take a 4-0 beating so graciously? Completely put the club and fans first since that disgraceful result...

Touching photo from last night:

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:40 PM
goldfinger II

For me, it's all management-speak. In this case, good management-speak, which you'd expect from a good manager who knows how to manipulate people and situations to get what he wants.

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:45 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Jose Mourinho dedicates EFL Cup derby win to Manchester United fans

Mourinho told BBC Sport: "The players did everything and deserved to win. We are happy.

"In the last week, everything went against us but we are professionals. The fans felt deeply such a negative result and today was a good chance to clear that feeling because a derby knockout and to win gives everyone a better feeling."

Mourinho's selection was stronger and, when asked if the Chelsea defeat played a part in that, he replied: "Yes. We were on a good run of results, but it was a big defeat -- numbers that the history of this club doesn't deserve and, when I'm in a club, my heart belongs to the fans and I felt deeply for them.

"The reality is that I never had people like these ones.

"We lost 4-0 and they were supportive. Today the stadium was full of real support and it looks like the love people have for the club is bigger than bad results, bigger than three bad seasons.

"We must give something back. The players gave everything but, even if we'd lost, the feeling was fantastic because the players showed they really care and they fought for the fans."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-uni...by-win-to-fans

Would a man with an ego take a 4-0 beating so graciously? Completely put the club and fans first since that disgraceful result...

Touching photo from last night:

you're like my mum watching britain's got talent.

it's a narrative and theme he has to pursue.

what else could he say after they got absolutely ripped apart? he's on a good number here and he knows it.

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
For me, it's all management-speak. In this case, good management-speak, which you'd expect from a good manager who knows how to manipulate people and situations to get what he wants.

There was a duel purpose imo. It was def a pop at Chelsea fans. They didn't sing his name until they were 4-0 up and that was taking the piss. I think that hurt him a little which is good for us hopefully

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:48 PM
believe

Not sure how's he on a good number tbf, his whole reputation will be based on what he does here. He does seem irked by something but I'm certain he's the man to do what his predecessors couldn't. Champions league winners within five years.

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:50 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not sure how's he on a good number tbf, his whole reputation will be based on what he does here. He does seem irked by something but I'm certain he's the man to do what his predecessors couldn't. Champions league winners within five years.
biggest club in the world.
serious cash at this disposal.
absolutely dogshit result against chelsea and a defeat to city in the league prior to that.

he then walks out for the next game and the fans are still behind him and will still be behind him despite future bad results - compare that to real....

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:52 PM
MJ Ramone

I think it's a bit of both tbf

It never does a manager any harm to cosy up to the fans, but at the same time I think he's sincere when he says he's never had 'support' like it in the past.

Madrid fans are notoriously pathetic & Chelsea fans are as plastic as those flags they used to hand out on CL nights.

It's just a shame the side aren't good enough to string a run of results together.
It'd be a great time to go on a run & get some momentum going.

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

It's just a shame the side aren't good enough to string a run of results together.
every manager since fergie seems to overestimate the level of player we have in the squad in their first transfer window.

Hopefully jose is around long enough to ship out a ton of shit cunts.

Unread 27-10-2016, 02:58 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think it's a bit of both tbf

It never does a manager any harm to cosy up to the fans, but at the same time I think he's sincere when he says he's never had 'support' like it in the past.

Madrid fans are notoriously pathetic & Chelsea fans are as plastic as those flags they used to hand out on CL nights.

I think we are going to now

We need to remember we whalloped leicester, did the same to stoke but somehow it ends in a draw, then a tough run of games vs liverpool, fener, city and chelsea(win 2 games, draw 1, lose 1) Keep in mind teams like chelsea and liverpool are not in euro competition so could focus purely on their games against us too....

We will be there or thereabouts provided the gap is no more than 5 or 6 pts over the new years period.

Still not given up on glory this season despite some tough moments, but theyre only moments. Last night is the biggest example of a potential springboard for a good a good run of wins in a row. Only need to win 4 or 5 league games in a row for the table to suddenly change dramatically. Even if we dont do that before new year, as long as we are in touch then thats fine.

Unread 27-10-2016, 03:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I think we are going to now

We need to remember we whalloped leicester, did the same to stoke but somehow it ends in a draw, then a tough run of games vs liverpool, fener, city and chelsea(win 2 games, draw 1, lose 1) Keep in mind teams like chelsea and liverpool are not in euro competition so could focus purely on their games against us too....

We will be there or thereabouts provided the gap is no more than 5 or 6 pts over the new years period.

Still not given up on glory this season despite some tough moments, but theyre only moments. Last night is the biggest example of a potential springboard for a good a good run of wins in a row. Only need to win 4 or 5 league games in a row for the table to suddenly change dramatically. Even if we dont do that before new year, as long as we are in touch then thats fine.

fingers crossed mate.