Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2010, 06:44 PM
user_name

Default Re: Mourinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
moyes please
I know this is a somewhat popular choice, but can you REALLY imagine handing him the keys to Manchester United?

Unread 23-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
I know this is a somewhat popular choice, but can you REALLY imagine handing him the keys to Manchester United?
What, the guy who sued Rooney? I've got more chance of replacing SAF than Moyes.

Unread 23-02-2010, 06:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yep

i don't think there are many around with the strength of character required but i do think moyes is one who would come in and do things his way, rather than trying to be a safe pair of hands and not rock the boat (which would be a disaster imo).

you need a manager who won't be overawed by the size of the place and i think both maureen and moyes fit that bill, but i think maureen has been a complete #@&%! for a while now. moyes fits the bill in terms of character imo and has a track record of bringing through young players, creating a fantastic team spirit and getting the most out of players.

i've said many times before that i think his everton teams don't play bad football, considering the limitations of having £#%&! all money season after season.

Unread 23-02-2010, 06:56 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What, the guy who sued Rooney? I've got more chance of replacing SAF than Moyes.
rooney has since apologised to moyes and thanked him for what he did for him.

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:04 PM
user_name

Quote:
yep

i don't think there are many around with the strength of character required but i do think moyes is one who would come in and do things his way, rather than trying to be a safe pair of hands and not rock the boat (which would be a disaster imo).

you need a manager who won't be overawed by the size of the place and i think both maureen and moyes fit that bill, but i think maureen has been a complete #@&%! for a while now. moyes fits the bill in terms of character imo and has a track record of bringing through young players, creating a fantastic team spirit and getting the most out of players.

i've said many times before that i think his everton teams don't play bad football, considering the limitations of having £#%&! all money season after season.

All fair points. I like Moyes very much for many of the reasons you listed. It's just a big step from Everton and the personalities and players you deal with on that level, and then the next step to a top 4 club... but then there's United.

Not to go all gaylord :grin: but the United job is a Top 1 job. Different animal all together.

Moyes has never won anything has he? I'm just not overly secure in actually handing the whole thing over to someone like him.

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
All fair points. I like Moyes very much for many of the reasons you listed. It's just a big step from Everton and the personalities and players you deal with on that level, and then the next step to a top 4 club... but then there's United.

Not to go all gaylord :grin: but the United job is a Top 1 job. Different animal all together.

Moyes has never won anything has he? I'm just not overly secure in actually handing the whole thing over to someone like him.
yeah, i can see where you're coming from and it's a pretty good argument. personally, thought, i think we should be looking for a young hungry manager with something of the drive fergie had all those years ago, who could conceivably stay for a decade and more and build for the long-term, not somebody who will likely £#%&! off within five years win or lose.

the great strength of united is fergie's ability to plan long-term - see his comments on rafael after the milan game. that's what we need to find in our next manager, not a sven or similar who will be in and out before you know it

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Kwik

Tbh, Moyes will probably get a chance. As will O'Neill, Blanc, probably Capello, Lipi, Christian Gross etc as after a blip or two post Fergie, the managerial situation at Utd will become as ludicrous as at Real Madrid or Chelsea

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:24 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
Tbh, Moyes will probably get a chance. As will O'Neill, Blanc, probably Capello, Lipi, Christian Gross etc

I think that's what everyone fears.

It's the reason I think they take the safest path with Jose in the end.

(if available obviously)

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:30 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik
Tbh, Moyes will probably get a chance. As will O'Neill, Blanc, probably Capello, Lipi, Christian Gross etc as after a blip or two post Fergie, the managerial situation at Utd will become as ludicrous as at Real Madrid or Chelsea

Unread 23-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Kwik

Quote:
Well, Ramos got the Madrid job after Tottenham
Closed Thread