United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: "Maybe it's in the referees contract to give them penalties" - Avram Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I thought I must have heard this wrong on Saturday, but I just looked on the Sky Sports website and that's more or less what he's said.

45 seconds in:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...729039,00.html

So where the £#%&! is the outrage? Where are those @#%&!s 'Prospect', the hypocritical journalists demanding respect for officials, retired £#%&!ers like that that utter turd from Middlesborough? I've seen nothing so far. Jabba The Hut can imply that the refs a cheat, liar and taking back handers, that's fine. Fergie calls a fat referee fat and he gets a touchline ban and fine

I don't know why United take so much shite from the @#%&!s at the FA. £#%&!ing shower of @#%&!s
I take it the assembled crowd of journos gasped in dismay at how outrageous Avram's comment was, considering how vociferous the media have been in their support of the 'respect the ref' campaign?

No? Or was it just glossed over and treated as a matter of course like most of the %@#$&!s we have to put up with the moment something even slightly debateable goes our way?

Yes, that's what I thought. It's practically a sub-culture of football now isn't it, the monthly "man united disgrace/crisis/outrage" all fuelled by the media. Shovelling the same tired old cliche filled shite down the public's always eager throats.

Maybe once a season, IF that, we score a goal after the 93rd minute (which let's face it virtually every match lasts 93/94 mins these days) and they go £#%&!ing ballistic.

"you see there you go again!! man united getting loads of injury time AGAIN! It happens with stunning regularity....look here's a clip from 16 years ago of it happening against Sheffield Wednesday!"

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Mr Kaboom

Default Re: "Maybe it's in the referees contract to give them penalties" - Avram Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
£#%&!ing danger mouse should of finished the @#%&! off when he had the chance. #@&%!.

Looking at Grant's face there,it wouldn't surprise me if he did a Jock Stein.

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Grimson

I normally laugh this sort of thing off, but it's particularly annoying considering last season United were given fewer penalties than quite a few other teams.

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Redhod99

Let's get Scouse and write to the FA

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I loved his series of interviews with David Frost.

Unread 30-11-2009, 11:55 PM
TravellingRed

Its £#%&!ing uncanny

Happy Avram
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
£#%&!ing danger mouse should of finished the @#%&! off when he had the chance. #@&%!.

Sad Avram
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
All he's missing is that little white caterpillar thing he has

Unread 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
That's because most of the great british public are thick as £#%&!.
Correct. Sadly though I get otherwise intelligent people simply regurgitating what football365 / sky / the Sun says is bad this week, which is the same as last week: 'Man United outrage'. It's utterly laughable.

Unread 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"you see there you go again!! man united getting loads of injury time AGAIN! It happens with stunning regularity....look here's a clip from 16 years ago of it happening against Sheffield Wednesday!"

Brilliant Sparky.

Unread 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Time For Heroes

I was so glad we beat them comfortably after I saw his pre-match interview saying we're not such a good team anymore the @#%&!!

Unread 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

To imply that referees are biased is surely to insult their professional standards and this is simply not on. I await the referee's union's demands for him to be banned from football all togther.

Unread 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Charlie Harper

Stop moaning about it here. I could take loads of quotes out and make a RAWK-esque thread from it. Write / email Prospect:

HEADQUARTERS
New Prospect House
8 Leake Street
London SE1 7NN
London office area map
T 020 7902 6600
F 020 7902 6667
E [email protected] is a referral centre for general enquiries. Only use this address if you can't find a more specific contact elsewhere on this page.

...and then all then email all the papers if they refuse to make any comment about it.
Closed Thread