United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Coracao

Default Re: Who was the best Ronaldo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I was sat pretty much where that camera angle that shows the pen crossing the line was

Missed him nutting Materazzi though.

& to answer the original question... Fat Ronaldo is the best no.9 the world has seen, he has better tricks than Ronaldo & he scored more goals at his peak - whether Ronnie will score more than 47 in 49 I don't know, but it's unlikely. But then he's not a striker, is he, so it's probably moot.
He scored 42 in 47 though.

And he isn't a striker, and he did it in against stronger opposition.

Not that it is really a comparison worth making.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Sparky***

the very fact that people are even asking the question of "Ronaldo v Ronaldo" is a huge testament to Cristiano's development at Manchester United over the 6 years he was with us.

I remember around 2006 ish when people would say "Ronaldo....you know, not the shit one who plays for man utd, the REAL one." I even read similar comments in the tabloids.

He stuck it right up their %@#$&!s from 2006-09.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He scored 42 in 47 though.

And he isn't a striker, and he did it in against stronger opposition.

Not that it is really a comparison worth making.
42 in 49 according to Wiki tbf.

But I know, he's an absolute goal scoring animal - he's already got 9 in 7 in Spain ffs.

Unread 28-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
42 in 49 according to Wiki tbf.
Then I am a liar.

Unread 28-10-2009, 06:16 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Zidane's an interesting case. His football was so elegant and aesthetically pleasing that one tends to forget his actual contributions to the game sometimes did not go beyond the aesthetic. Never much of a goal scorer, surprisingly pedestrian passer of the ball, it's really his elegance with the ball that made his career. To paraphrase Serenity, "I remember Gianni Agnelli saying that watching Zidane play for Juve had brought them a lot of pleasure, but that Platini had brought them a lot of victories."
that was one of the reasons juve sold him. he was majestic when he had to be but at times he would be invisible.

The reason andy cole is not given the respect he deserves is because his mistakes always happened in the most high profile of the occasions.

zidane was totally opposite. He used to be majestic in the most high profile occasions be it international matches or club matches. I think this probably skewed many people's opinions.

Its worth remembering that juve didn't win the league title during zidane's time there. At madrid he had the help of irrepressible raul ( 98-03), makelele and figo to help him.

Unread 28-10-2009, 06:22 PM
rafabio

it depends on whether people are looking for elegance and purely assessing the players in the role of a striker.

But I would guess most managers may want to go for cristiano rather than bugs bunny ( imo )

cristiano is probably one of the most effective, complete footballers ever.

he is one of the best headers of the ball currently
one of the best penalty takers
one of the best set piece expert
one of the best dribbler
one of the best finisher ( with both feet )
can score goals like a midfielder, no 9 or a classic no 10
will fit in easily in a 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3
is helpful in defending set pieces
one of the best professional around ( fergie and queiroz say that )

and probably he would 10/10 in a diving contest.

I can't remember anyone else who has so many qualities

Unread 28-10-2009, 06:24 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
it depends on whether people are looking for elegance and purely assessing the players in the role of a striker.

But I would guess most managers may want to go for cristiano rather than bugs bunny ( imo )

cristiano is probably one of the most effective, complete footballers ever.

he is one of the best headers of the ball currently
one of the best penalty takers
one of the best set piece expert
one of the best dribbler
one of the best finisher ( with both feet )
can score goals like a midfielder, no 9 or a classic no 10
will fit in easily in a 4-4-2, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3
is helpful in defending set pieces
one of the best professional around ( fergie and queiroz say that )

and probably he would 10/10 in a diving contest.

I can't remember anyone else who has so many qualities
Jordi Cruyff.

Unread 28-10-2009, 06:25 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Jordi Cruyff.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Baron

Somehow managed to stumble across this video of tubby on YouTube just now looking for Ravel Morrison...

mental, evenafter two £#%&!ing nasty knee injuries he's still steaming towards defences on his own.

Saw him score a great goal the other week as well for Corinthians...

Still got it. Fat £#%&!er.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Spiffy

I'd have loved to have signed him instead of Owen this summer. We'd keep him fit at the very least. No doubt City will pay £80M for him in January.
Closed Thread