United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: OOT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

Of course manchester is better than birmingham ffs. Who would argue with that?

And on the whole 'music' debate...who gives a £#%&!? Seriously.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:46 PM
MPLA

Quote:
On what basis are you judging that? Your opinion only.
I'm not suggesting for one minute that no.1 records are the best way to decide but that's the only way we have that isn't subjective. Manchester has had more no.1's than anywhere else, Liverpool are 2nd. Now considering both cities are significantly smaller than London, at the very least you can say London isn't pulling it's weight.
Popular music is hardly representative of trends with-in the working class/immigrant communities. The basis of where certain genres have originated and been mastered, such as Dancehall, Dub through to UK HipHop and Grime. Artists and Sound Systems in any of these genres are never a match for the London based ones.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLA
Popular music is hardly representative of trends with-in the working class/immigrant communities. The basis of where certain genres have originated and been mastered, such as Dancehall, Dub through to UK HipHop and Grime. Artists and Sound Systems in any of these genres are never a match for the London based ones.

You keep forgetting to end your threads with imho. Again, it's all subjective.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:50 PM
MPLA

Quote:
You keep forgetting to end your threads with imho. Again, it's all subjective.
Not in the case of origination. Anyone would be insane to think London isn't the capital for music.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Grimson

Every positive and negative you can think of for almost any city can be applied to almost every city. People are people ffs. Buildings are just buildings.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Ethers

Coventry imho.

Unread 19-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLA
Not in the case of origination. Anyone would be insane to think London isn't the capital for music.
Imho. There, I've done it for you.

Why would they have to be insane? Because they disagree with you?

Unread 19-09-2009, 07:01 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
North Manchester is ace, South Manchester is poo.

Born in postcode M8 Cheetham Hill, so i feel i can have the last word on this issue.

Hope that helps.
north manchester the shit hole

Unread 19-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
You're a barrel of laughs aren't you. It sounds like you've just described Wythenshawe. N Mcr has plenty of grass. I used to have it in the middle of my road when I lived in Alkrington.

There's my old house. The first one you see is the vicarage and next door is my old house. The bus stop looks outside the door but it's just the angle it's taken from. Anyway, look at that beautiful grass.
£#%&! me, that's just round the corner from where i used to live.

Unread 19-09-2009, 08:01 PM
mikey_red

i quite like London tbf fair. couldn't live there tho.
Closed Thread