United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Mr_Ed

I think what is more disappointing is that Tosic was left out of the 25... How much did we pay for him?

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think what is more disappointing is that Tosic was left out of the 25... How much did we pay for him?
Not much, basically it's all dependant on appearances etc. Or you can just say £25 million and say it's a disgrace.

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Wasn't he just bought as some kind of strange sweetner for the lajic (sp?) deal

Unread 11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
There isn't a doubt in my mind that if he had remained fit he would be ahead of Liverpools 18 million quid right back in the England set up.
At right back? He's far too slow. He's a decent centre back mind, not top class but close enough. then again, maybe you are correct a slow decent centre back at right back might be better than an actual right back who is utterly clueless defensively.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
The Return of JC

Hargreaves return and halfway decent run of fitness falls very much into my 'believe it when i see it' category.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Hargreaves return and halfway decent run of fitness falls very much into my 'believe it when i see it' category.
Yeah but at least it's encouraging news. I really hope for Hargo's sake he gets back 'cos it must've been a nightmare for him. It'll also be a great addition to the team obviously.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Baron

the midfield is in desperate need of some energy & someone who can cover the full backs should they bomb on... get well soon Cougar

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
marlo

Quote:
15m.

an absolute waste. the lad is shit. has to be said. no where near making a meaningful appearance and he is same age as nani.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
15m.

an absolute waste. the lad is shit. has to be said. no where near making a meaningful appearance and he is same age as nani.
£15m

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yeah but at least it's encouraging news. I really hope for Hargo's sake he gets back 'cos it must've been a nightmare for him. It'll also be a great addition to the team obviously.
That's what I mean, I don't find it particularly encouraging. The prospect of him ACTUALLY being back is very encouraging. Updates from our clueless medical team are like transfer speculation to me now.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
£15m
Quote:
Tosic was part of a £15m package from Partizan Belgrade in the New Year
given that he is older and the more experianced player id say he cost us between 8-10m.

this was 6months after fergie spent 30m on berbatov and fergie followed it up with 17m for valencia and 5m for obertan.

and people wonder why the glazers havent given fergie 80m to spend.

meanwhile in the 'overvalued' market.

dutch internationals robben and sniejer move clubs for circa 15m each while hleb even goes out on loan.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM
wiganste

You just know what Fergie will say when he makes his comeback

"It's just like having a new signing out there"

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You just know what Fergie will say when he makes his comeback

"It's just like having a new signing out there"
To be fair it will, hargreaves will be a huge boost to the squad if he comes back how he was.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
15m.

Look, look the grim reaper is here to make shit up in order to put the most negative spin possible on things. Hooray for him.

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Look, look the grim reaper is here to make shit up in order to put the most negative spin possible on things. Hooray for him.
Grim Reaper? Bit flattering. The Grim Reaper looks kinda cool.
Closed Thread