United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:41 AM
stella118

how long till someone reference a long truck?

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yep, I've changed my mine because I was clearly convincing myself. The midfield is very worrying, I've thought the midfield needs sorting for a year. We haven't sorted it and it we will now suffer for it.

I hope I'm wrong come the end of the season, but this squad simply isn't good enough.
A lot of people thought that in 2006

Obviously there is no one to replicate Scholesys incredible role back then. We have Rooney to take mantle as the main match winner from Ronnie, I think Nani can do what Giggs did that season or even more.

Maybe just one more midfielder away from having all bases covered. We can win with this squad but unfortunately there might be too much rotation for any fluency to be allowed

Unread 20-08-2009, 05:18 AM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We'll be ok. Everyone needs to get a grip.

It's Burnley's first crack of the top flight for 33 years and they get Manchester United, the triple champions, for their first home game.

What do you think they would do? Roll over & die or play the game of their lives?

Some of you @#%&!s don't understand what it is to follow/support United.

The day this country stops celebrating United getting beat is the day we don't matter anymore.
ste, burnley didn't play at their best.. in fact they were very poor. United were very poor which even ferguson acknowledged.

So your argument doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rooney has taken 2 penalties for United in competitive games, he missed both. Badly. One was for a Hat-Trick.

He should not take Penalties.

Carrick, for the first time in his 3 year United Career, is suffering a loss of form and confidence, the form started to go back end of last season, the CL final being the final nail in his confidence.

He has carried the £#%&!ing midfield for 2 - 3 £#%&!ing years, or do you think that the wave of success since his arrival is a £#%&!ing coincidence?

The man needs time and support to play through his bad patch, although, missing penalties really isn't going to help, it was definitely a penalty lacking confidence.
carrick has never carried united's midfield. In the first half of the season in 06-07, it was scholes who was the fulcrum of the midfield. Once scholes was injured we really struggled in the latter half of the season.

07-08 year was the only time we bullied oppositions midfield in the last few season mainly due to hargreaves and anderson's energy and running.

And this year with none of the above 3 ( for various reasons ), we are struggling. in fact we are pathetic in centre midfield.

Carrick has never been the driving force of united's midfield. In fact he has never been that all his career. He needed david's to do that job in spurs midfield.

What he gives you is steady games, if all players around him are playing well. He can only swim with the tide, not against it.

sooner hargreaves is fit, the better for us.

And I would love to see gibson and fletcher against wigan.

Unread 20-08-2009, 07:40 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
ste, burnley didn't play at their best.. in fact they were very poor. United were very poor which even ferguson acknowledged.

So your argument doesn't make sense.

Yes they did. Just because they didn't attack us constantly doesn't mean they weren't at their best.

Defensively sound, quality goalkeeping, tracking back, blocking shots all contribute to them having the game of their lives. They just beat the champions of England in their 1st season back in the top flight for 33 years.

To say that they were poor just shows your lack of understanding of the game.

Unread 20-08-2009, 08:00 AM
berba

they were indeed. They weren't defensively sound... we created very little as fergie accepted. And of the little we created we couldn't finish them.

Burnley played lot better in the cup last few seasons than yesterday. To say otherwise shows your lack of understanding of the game.

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:15 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba
they were indeed. They weren't defensively sound... we created very little as fergie accepted. And of the little we created we couldn't finish them.

Burnley played lot better in the cup last few seasons than yesterday. To say otherwise shows your lack of understanding of the game.
Burnley just beat the champions. They will dine on that for the rest of their lives.

Beating weakened sides in the Carling Cup doesn't matter a jot. They have just got their biggest scalp in 33 £#%&!ing years, you cretinous @#%&!. They played superbly well. Why do you think we didn't create much? We can't blame it on us being 'shit'. They fought for everything, defended well etc.

You're a £#%&!wit. I can't be arsed with your like anymore. £#%&! off

Unread 20-08-2009, 09:59 AM
berba

burnley beat liverpool and chelsea.

Unread 20-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Smeggs

Berbatov is going to tear Wigan a new one.
Closed Thread