United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Aquilani could well turn out to be the player he has always threatened to be. They may unearth a gem, you just don't know. I'd rather the window was shut now and we got going tbh.

As for United not signing anyone. Going off what Fergie has said, but on top of that, It's just a feeling, you sort of know when something is in the offing with United, I just don't think there is anything about to happen, powder being kept dry in the hop the market levels out in Jan or next year I reckon.
Or he could be shite. He's gonna have to be £#%&!ing good to replace what Alonso did in that team, not sure he's ever shown evidence of being able top do that. Hasn't he got De Rossi running the midfield in Roma for a start? Isn't he in and out of that team in fact?

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Or he could be shite. He's gonna have to be £#%&!ing good to replace what Alonso did in that team, not sure he's ever shown evidence of being able top do that. Hasn't he got De Rossi running the midfield in Roma for a start? Isn't he in and out of that team in fact?
27 league starts in the past 3 seasons

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
27 league starts in the past 3 seasons
£#%&!in' ell, Has Hargo had more then?

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yes, but that is due to injuries more than ability. I don't think he has Alonso's nasty streak, but he is a very good footballer, or always seems to be when I have seen him for Roma or Italy, capable of running a game through the midfield. He could turn out to be shit, and it's true Italians struggle to settle in the PL, historically, I'd rather not take the chance though.

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, but that is due to injuries more than ability. I don't think he has Alonso's nasty streak, but he is a very good footballer, or always seems to be when I have seen him for Roma or Italy, capable of running a game through the midfield. He could turn out to be shit, and it's true Italians struggle to settle in the PL, historically, I'd rather not take the chance though.
Well we don't have any choice. I'm happy Liverpool won't have Alonso, whatever Aquilani's possible qualities, he was the glue in that team, kept the team ticking over allowing Gerrard and Torres to play the way they did, kinda like pirlo at Milan, everything goes through him. They will miss him a hell of a lot imo.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well we don't have any choice. I'm happy Liverpool won't have Alonso, whatever Aquilani's possible qualities, he was the glue in that team, kept the team ticking over allowing Gerrard and Torres to play the way they did, kinda like pirlo at Milan, everything goes through him. They will miss him a hell of a lot imo.
I agree, I am delighted they've lost him, just gutted Gareth Barry wasn't the replacement

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Whalefish

Barry would have done well at the Vermin.

It's worth pointing out that if reports are correct, as part of their refinancing deal (a very short term fix), they still need to find and repay £30million now. Unless I missed the story where that has since been sorted.

I cannot see 2/3 players arriving who command a big fee.

As for Utd and their business, £#%&! knows.

Unread 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Aquilani could well turn out to be the player he has always threatened to be. They may unearth a gem, you just don't know. I'd rather the window was shut now and we got going tbh.
Yes he could, but Alonso was a key player in Liverpool's team and key player in their system, Aquilani will have to settle and by the looks of things he has an injury record and doesn't start many games?

Unread 05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
marlo

fee agreed with roma for aquilani.

20m.

Unread 05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Whalefish

Exciting times.

Unread 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Sparky***

I'm so glad Liverpool's transfer dealings have provoked such an interest.

They're almost as popular as City's dealings or Arsenal's young world beaters!
Closed Thread