Fletcher 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
You're a belligerent £#%&!er Jabbers, that's why I like you

Of course you are correct, but we all know that Fergie sets targets, he's told Owen to get 15, I imagine he'll play Berbs more, higher up the pitch & expect more. I'd like to see him get 20 this season - bit more following up in the box & shots from distance. His assists are already exceptional, if he directly contributed to 35 goals, either by scoring or setting up, he'd be lauded as a productive player as well as an asthetical one. I love the guys ability, & if it takes a few tap ins to convince others, so be it.

I'd be happy with all of that.

Unread 03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Coracao

I assume this is going off whoever wins the MB player of the year trophy?

I'm sticking my neck on the block and saying Valencia.

Perhaps we could have a vbet on this, if it offers enough options?

Unread 03-08-2009, 03:41 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I assume this is going off whoever wins the MB player of the year trophy?

I'm sticking my neck on the block and saying Valencia.

Perhaps we could have a vbet on this, if it offers enough options?
i've gone for valencia as well, just because i genuinely think he is going to be great to watch, hugging the touch-line kanchelskis style, beating his man and getting the ball into the box providing plenty of chances. owen will score a hat-full as a result of this, and if owen scores goals it will only bring out the best in wazza and berba.

goal-wise next season i'm expecting 30 from berba, (in his new forward role) 25 from rooney (with more free-kick and poss penalty taking duties) and 20 from owen. (in all comps obviously)

i'm a match-going red so i don't judge players on their "opta index stats" so i'll appreciate their workrate as well but i think the above, with valencia and nani on the wings have a great chance of scoring that many

Unread 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i've gone for valencia as well, just because i genuinely think he is going to be great to watch, hugging the touch-line kanchelskis style, beating his man and getting the ball into the box providing plenty of chances. owen will score a hat-full as a result of this, and if owen scores goals it will only bring out the best in wazza and berba.

goal-wise next season i'm expecting 30 from berba, (in his new forward role) 25 from rooney (with more free-kick and poss penalty taking duties) and 20 from owen. (in all comps obviously)

i'm a match-going red so i don't judge players on their "opta index stats" so i'll appreciate their workrate as well but i think the above, with valencia and nani on the wings have a great chance of scoring that many
I think you're being hugely optimistic there

Rooney should be nowhere near penalties.

I'd expect around the following returns;

Berbatov 20
Rooney 23
Owen 16

If Rooney plays central and improves his finishing slightly, he is capable of getting close to 30. There would have to be a vast change in Berbatov to get near 30. He looks for the pass too often instead of taking on a shot, and isn't in the box often enough.

There hasn't been a great change in Rooney's goals since his arrival, always been between 17-23 for the season. Hopefully, he can kick on with this, as he is capable of more. His England form has been quite encouraging in this regard. But...i'm not convinced it'll happen.

Unread 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM
BarryX

Fabio will be the player of the year IMHO.

Unread 03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Gog Coch

Anderson if we are to win anything.

Unread 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM
toseeunited

Cool

Quote:
I think you're being hugely optimistic there
i always start august feeling optimistic mate - i said it last year and the year before that, we have a great chance of winning the league and another trophy this year

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Serenity Now

I had a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of th... Err, I mean that Berbatov won PFA Player of the Year. Now, rationally, I can't see this happening, but this is a dream we're talking about. And is it ever really wrong to follow your dreams?

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Coracao

I may start a poll after each of our games, for 'Fred Player of the Year'.

Vote for man of the match. One Fredster, one vote.

No tactical voting allowed.

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I may start a poll after each of our games, for 'Fred Player of the Year'.

Vote for man of the match. One Fredster, one vote.

No tactical voting allowed.
Go 4 it Dood.

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

i like you mate and never thought you did wums.

this is a real corker.

youd be lucky if you got 30 shots at goal for him.

Unread 05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Part 36 Offer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
i like you mate and never thought you did wums.

this is a real corker.

youd be lucky if you got 30 shots at goal for him.
Closed Thread