United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
from the blog on the fisshal website....

Harsh but fair i reckon.

Unread 30-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
If you regularly and repeatedly practice a relatively simple action like kicking whilst being pressurised I would think that the neuromuscular system would start to memorise the motor actions involved. In the end it should be something that is almost automatic, which should help with overall confidence as well. That's the theory behind a lot of sports training anyway. Although as you say, the United staff must surely be aware of his weakness in this area, and you have to think that it's something that is worked on extensively. So it's definitely a strange one.
Assuming you mean being closed down by a striker chasing the ball, or similar, that's not the kind of pressure that seems to cause Kuz to miskick. I mean the pressure/stress/nerves of making a mistake in a real game in that situation, and unfortunately, there is no way to replicate that pressure in training. There are ways to simulate it (forcing the player to do punishing exercises if he makes a mistake, or simply %@#$&!ing him, etc), but the nervous system always knows the difference between training and a real game.

It's the same reason millionaire golfers miss 4 foot putts in big tournaments, but can make hundreds in a row when practising, or people giving a speech or presentation in front of a crowd will stumble on words they ordinarily have no trouble with, etc. Basically, nerves. Kuz is a nervous energy type of keeper, with both the benefits (amazingly fast reflexes and footwork) and drawbacks (spazmodic clearing).

Unread 30-07-2009, 05:44 PM
History

Quote:
from the blog on the fisshal website....

I got called inzaghi when me and few friends used to play wembley. I was a goal hanging @#%&!

Unread 30-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Baron

So you're saying he'll always be like that?

Or at least until he's played a lot for us & ironed out the nerves? Can you really carry that kind of liability... how long would anyone expect it to take to go? His kicking is shit, but his ability to have no idea whether to collect crosses or not is worse.

Should flog him for a few mil & concentrate on Foster.

Unread 30-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
So you're saying he'll always be like that?

Or at least until he's played a lot for us & ironed out the nerves? Can you really carry that kind of liability... how long would anyone expect it to take to go? His kicking is shit, but his ability to have no idea whether to collect crosses or not is worse.

Should flog him for a few mil & concentrate on Foster.

I don't think he'll always have this problem. There's just not an easy solution to it. It's something he'll probably just have to outgrow. Clemence and John Lukic, off the top of my head, had big problems with their kicking early in their careers, but they both got past them.

Unread 30-07-2009, 06:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
the way that valencia wanted to beat his man down the wing and get to the bye-line to get a cross in last night; added to him knowing when to shoot when the space was there, he reminded me of kanchelskis - who was one of my favourite players in that 94 team top top winger in his day that lad!!
I used to £#%&!ing love Kanchelskis.
If Fred had been around back in the early 90's I'd have had a reputation for having a 'Man Crush' (in a non-sexy way) on him in the same way I do for Wazza now.

He was so direct...such a threat when he got the ball.
Great player to watch.

Unread 30-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
the way that valencia wanted to beat his man down the wing and get to the bye-line to get a cross in last night; added to him knowing when to shoot when the space was there, he reminded me of kanchelskis - who was one of my favourite players in that 94 team top top winger in his day that lad!!
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...07&postcount=4

Closed Thread