United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:22 PM
prunier84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
most decent reds would never stand at the expense of a kid or someone who can't stand for long periods. i had a kid in front of me who stood all game with his dad and i encourage that, i could see round him so that was ok cos i myself couldn't stand as i had 2 kids and dad behind me, when i was a kid i would stand on the seats if i was too small or just deal with it. diff time now and diff support base. wembley is a bit of an exception but i don't think certain people should have tickets in say WT2(singing section apparantley) if they want to just sit and be silent for the entire game, if the club wants an atmosphere it has to use it's brains.
agree with you completely. it wouldnt be that hard to coordinate groups of fans. i remember in the early-mid 90s when they were still trying to get people into football again they used to divide sections a lot better.

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
All true
link

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
link
No link but a lot of people were saying "Jesus Christ, he's a big @#%&!" and were pointing at me.

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Blagger

Tbh don't go to Wembley and come back and complain about the 'fans', as the a lot of the people there yesterday won't have been regulars at all.

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:25 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Tbh don't go to Wembley and come back and complain about the 'fans', as the a lot of the people there yesterday won't have been regulars at all.
True. A girl I work with was there yesterday. She's never been a game in her life, hates football and is a vegetarian. No place for people like that imo

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:26 PM
koppas

Quote:
True. A girl I work with was there yesterday. She's never been a game in her life, hates football and is a vegetarian. No place for people like that imo
Miss white?

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:27 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Maybe she just went for the grass? Did she go down on the Friday night? Ask her what she had for tea as it may explain a few things.

wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Maybe she just went for the grass? Did she go down on the Friday night? Ask her what she had for tea as it may explain a few things.
A celery stick.

Edit - she went on Sunday morning.

Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
exactly why i said wembley was an exception, you know what you are gonna get, i see the young manc lads trying thier hardest but you can't turn 30,000 into a united away atmosphere. torch was best part of the day

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:36 PM
marlo

sounds like things have changed from when i use to go week in, week missed, week out.

Unread 20-04-2009, 01:39 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
sounds like things have changed from when i use to go week in, week missed, week out.
Weak mind, weak bladder, weak willed.

Unread 20-04-2009, 02:10 PM
wiganste

Quote:
A celery stick.

Edit - she went on Sunday morning.
Double edit

She went on Friday. So she probably had some lettuce & beetroot too.
Closed Thread