United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can see problems though. i wouldn't be surprised if the foreigner rule came in in the next two years. evra, fabio, vida, rafeal, anderson, nani, park, tosic, berbs, tevez (tba), fletcher and nutsack with giggs, scholes, VDS and nev probably retiring we'll have foster, hargreaves, carrick, rooney remaining.
Brown, Campbell, Welbeck, Rio?

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:30 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can see problems though. i wouldn't be surprised if the foreigner rule came in in the next two years. evra, fabio, vida, rafeal, anderson, nani, park, tosic, berbs, tevez (tba), fletcher and nutsack with giggs, scholes, VDS and nev probably retiring we'll have foster, hargreaves, carrick, rooney remaining.
assuming there is some sense in terms of british players we'll also have welbeck, campbell, cathcart, evans, fletcher, gibson, jos.

it's more complicated, anyway. the proposals all include a range of requirements about certain numbers from the academies, certain numbers with x years in the team etc. it's not just about nationality.

i think we're far better placed than most other top sides, tbh. the policy we've had for the last few years of buying and developing very young talent has been a breath of fresh air for the club imo. or perhaps a return to what the club has always been about. a player like petrucci will have three or four years as a united youth player behind him by the time he makes his debut. the ethos of the club, the history, the fan culture - all this will be part of his development so that if/when he finally breaks through he will be heart and soul a united player.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
He'll have to get used to being called 'Willie'.
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday as he came on.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Brown, Campbell, Welbeck, Rio?
can't really count wellbeck and campbell yet. not sure brown will stick around if he loses his place to rafael, if last season was anything to go by. obviously forgot about rio. My point is though, that it will make a difference to rotation and where we have to rotate.

supposing its 5 OOC's and we keep a settled back 4 thats rafael,vida,rio,evra

which leaves 2 OOC'S one would probably be Berbs so we wouldn't be able to play with two OOC wingers. so that would probably mean a midfield of wellbeck, hargreaves, carrick, nani (if ronaldo leaves)

so it would be

FOSTER

RAFAEL RIO VIDIC EVRA
WELLBECK HARGREAVES CARRICK NANI (ronaldo)

ROONEY BERBATOV

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:47 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
assuming there is some sense in terms of british players we'll also have welbeck, campbell, cathcart, evans, fletcher, gibson, jos.

it's more complicated, anyway. the proposals all include a range of requirements about certain numbers from the academies, certain numbers with x years in the team etc. it's not just about nationality.

i think we're far better placed than most other top sides, tbh. the policy we've had for the last few years of buying and developing very young talent has been a breath of fresh air for the club imo. or perhaps a return to what the club has always been about. a player like petrucci will have three or four years as a united youth player behind him by the time he makes his debut. the ethos of the club, the history, the fan culture - all this will be part of his development so that if/when he finally breaks through he will be heart and soul a united player.
Yes, i know what you mean but i'm going off the last OOC rule where being scottish, irish , welsh meant you were a jonny foreigner. i can't remember how you became an affiliated player but i'm sure it was something to do with when you made your debut. the reason i can see it coming in is to quench this silly transfer targeting coming from the middle eastlands and also to stop english teams making it to the european cup final.

Unread 25-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Fabio, Rafael, Anderson, Nani, Tosic, Evans, Welbeck.

Everyting Airie.

Stick that up your arse Arsene.
Yeah and dont forget Ljalic who's coming January 2010. Apparently the best young player to come out of Serbia for years.

Unread 25-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Sloppy

I never thought id see us play with three brazilians in our team.Its bang tidy.
Closed Thread