United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunier84
Martin samuel and others seem to be dropping hints that Rio's injury is pretty serious.

If it's a Thierry henry/sciatica situation then it's probably the worst news we've had in the last few seasons.

But enough doom-mongering.
Sciatica finished Gary Pallister, hopefully Rio's won't be as bad.

Unread 23-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Will meet you there then instead. Id say Bunks will probs be there too as Final's are generally considered to be 'big games.'
did the championship sides 'Triple' in the past few weeks.....

But i get your point...........

I hate Wemberlee, but my BGR rep needs keeping on track......We can have a burger and a pint and a catch up...

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Gog Coch

Default Injuries!

INJURIES - GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

First, the good news... Sir Alex Ferguson says Anderson could be back in action inside a month after injuring his ankle against Derby County.

Fans had feared the worst after the 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder was stretchered from the pitch at the final whistle on Tuesday.

"We sent Anderson for a scan and there’s no break," Sir Alex told us today. "But there was some ligament damage. We think he’ll be out for three weeks."

Now, the bad news... ten players will miss the Tottenham match tomorrow.

"The ones who are out [for the Spurs game] are Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans, Ji-sung Park and Owen Hargreaves. Nani suffered a groin injury and he’ll be out for a week. Jonny Evans [ankle] will be out for three weeks.

"We still have Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo fit. But we will have to call on some young players. I’ve called in Richard Eckersley and Fabio [da Silva], who could be involved."

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:24 PM
red @rmy

Here's the bad news.

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:25 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Here's the bad news.

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch

First, the good news... Sir Alex Ferguson says Anderson could be back in action inside a month after injuring his ankle against Derby County.

Fans had feared the worst after the 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder was stretchered from the pitch at the final whistle on Tuesday.

"We sent Anderson for a scan and there’s no break," Sir Alex told us today. "But there was some ligament damage. We think he’ll be out for three weeks."

"The ones who are out [for the Spurs game] are Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans, Ji-sung Park and Owen Hargreaves. Nani suffered a groin injury and he’ll be out for a week. Jonny Evans [ankle] will be out for three weeks.

"We still have Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo fit. But we will have to call on some young players. I’ve called in Richard Eckersley and Fabio [da Silva], who could be involved."
As I said, I saw them play for the reserves yesterday. Out of the 2 Eckersley looked better. But very hard to judge as firstly, am no expert and secondly they both played just the first half and did half of it each at right back and left back.

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing great. If we manage to come through the next couple of weeks without dropping any points at all it will be some kind of minor miracle.

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Good news on Rio and Wes, should be back for Everton according to Fergie, also eckersley and Fabio may be involved tomorrow :-

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6625734

United fans can breathe a sigh of relief after Sir Alex revealed Anderson is expected to miss just three weeks of football after injuring his ankle against Derby County.

"We sent Anderson for a scan and there’s no break," Sir Alex said at Friday morning's press conference. "But there was some ligament damage. We think he’ll be out for three weeks."

While that prognosis might bring a smile to United supporters' faces, the boss did have other, less pleasing, news to report.

"Nani suffered a groin injury and he’ll be out for a week. Jonny Evans [ankle] will be out for three weeks."

In fact, United will be forced to field a patched-up side against Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday as further injuries have severely limited the manager's choices.

"The ones who are out [for the Spurs game] are Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Nani, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney, Wes Brown, Jonny Evans and Ji-sung Park [hamstring injury]."

"We still have Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo fit. But we will have to call on some young players.

"I could play Darren Fletcher at right back, with Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic and John O’Shea, which would give me an experienced back four. But I’ve called in Richard Eckersley and Fabio [da Silva], who could be involved."

There was another good news story to emerge from Friday's press conference: Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown are expected to be fit to face Everton on Monday 2 February. (If either United or Everton require an FA Cup fourth round replay, the game will be brought forward to Saturday 31 Jan).

"Rio and Wes could be back for the Everton game, if the match is on Monday," the boss said.

"It’s not the best position to be in. January is a difficult month. We’ve talked a lot about having a winter break to get rid of the strains you pick up in January. But it’s not to be. The result is that the strains become injuries and the players miss games."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch

Interesting relationship.

Unread 23-01-2009, 12:33 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Interesting relationship.
I'm saying nowt.

Unread 23-01-2009, 01:40 PM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
both kieran richardson and phil bardsley have had the same sort of injury.
Now that IS bad news. It made them both shit!

I'm quite amused at how everybody on this thread actually believes what Fergie says. His Friday Ress Conferences seem to be 75% "FACT" and 20% lies and 5% thinking out loud!

Unread 23-01-2009, 01:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Now that IS bad news. It made them both shit!

I'm quite amused at how everybody on this thread actually believes what Fergie says. His Friday Ress Conferences seem to be 75% "FACT" and 20% lies and 5% thinking out loud!
I only believe it if Bunker Buster and his record of 100% bullshit contradicts him.

Unread 23-01-2009, 01:45 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing great. If we manage to come through the next couple of weeks without dropping any points at all it will be some kind of minor miracle.

Unread 23-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
did the championship sides 'Triple' in the past few weeks.....

But i get your point...........

I hate Wemberlee, but my BGR rep needs keeping on track......We can have a burger and a pint and a catch up...
i would be up for that aswell.

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Time to unleash Fabio
But none of us have even see the lad play. He might have a £#%&!ing nightmare during his settling in period.
I think we need to bring someone in on loan or a cheap 'short term' buy.
Our defensive injury list is staggering (although I'm sure the Press will slag us into the ground for DISRESPECTING the FA Cup because we can't field a full strength side)

As already mentioned, for us to be hit with so many injuries now after doing so well to overhaul Liverpool & Chelsea is a £#%&!king sickener

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Don't think we'll see fabio unless he's brought off the bench.

He's been out for a while and hasn't even come off the bench yet.

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:17 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Time to unleash Fabio

G Nev Vidic O'Shea fabio

should see us through the next couple of weeks until rio is back
Bit £#%&!ing late for that, should have played against derby

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
But none of us have even see the lad play. He might have a £#%&!ing nightmare during his settling in period.
I think we need to bring someone in on loan or a cheap 'short term' buy.

Our defensive injury list is staggering (although I'm sure the Press will slag us into the ground for DISRESPECTING the FA Cup because we can't field a full strength side)

As already mentioned, for us to be hit with so many injuries now after doing so well to overhaul Liverpool & Chelsea is a £#%&!king sickener
C'mon, Wes and rio are both back in a week, we can make it through a cup tie against Spurs stiffs and west Brom without signing someone crap.

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Surfers do Charlie

tbh it's not the defence I'm too concerned about at the moment.

The games we've got coming up:

Spurs reserves
West Brom
Everton
West Ham
Fulham
Blackburn

These aren't teams that should be putting us under too much pressure at the back. If we can score against them we should beat them.

Rooney and Evra are the ones I'm most concerned about, because without them we don't look anywhere near as likely to score.

As long as the big names are back for inter on 24th Feb, I'll be happy.

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
C'mon, Wes and rio are both back in a week, we can make it through a cup tie against Spurs stiffs and west Brom without signing someone crap.
Something doesn't feel right about Rio's injury. I've got a bad feeling he'll be out for some time yet. He was due back a week or so ago originally.

West Brom will be a really tough game, especially with half our squad injured.

Hopefully Saturday should take care of itself, what with 'Arry having Spurs all fired up for the game.

Unread 23-01-2009, 02:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
tbh it's not the defence I'm too concerned about at the moment.

The games we've got coming up:

Spurs reserves
West Brom
Everton
West Ham
Fulham
Blackburn

These aren't teams that should be putting us under too much pressure at the back. If we can score against them we should beat them.

Rooney and Evra are the ones I'm most concerned about, because without them we don't look anywhere near as likely to score.

As long as the big names are back for inter on 24th Feb, I'll be happy.

They're all really tough games. Everton at Old Trafford will be tight..West Ham away (bogey ground & all that) ...Blackburn will be up for it as well.
It's not a great time to have 90% of our squad out injured.

I've said on here many a time that for me, Evra & Rooney are our 2 key players in terms of Energy, tempo, attacking threat, winning attitude etc..

It's a £#%&!ing nightmare injury list. So many key players...all out for the best part of a month.
If we're still top of the Table at the end of Feb I'll be absolutely made up.
Closed Thread