Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2008, 12:43 AM
roon78

people kept chanting 'Argentina' at me."

made me laugh

Unread 19-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Terry Silver

Butcher is a @#%&!.

I had to laugh when they showed that Maradona documentary a couple of years back, when Lineker went out to interview him.

They showed a talking head of Butcher saying he wished he had broken Maradona's legs in 1986. They then cut to Maradona giving his story of the goal, which went something like this.

DM: There was one England player I beat twice. He caught me up so I took it past him again. Big guy... (clicks fingers trying to remember his name)

Lineker: Terry Butcher?

DM: Yeah, Butcher (carries on with the rest of the story).

Butcher was still so bitter about it all, while Maradona couldn't even remember who he was.

Unread 19-11-2008, 06:40 AM
bcred

good thread this. I was at the game,second tier in the corner where Maradona slid after the HOG,I was with a Evertonian called Jonesy, we were also at the France Brasil quarter the day before in Guadlahara.

Unread 19-11-2008, 08:28 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

You can't really blame a keeper for not saving well-taken penalties but his dives in the shootout appeared like a cross between a slow motion replay and a Giant Redwood getting chopped down.

... Campbell just scored for U21s.

i remember it well, he did appear to dive well after the ball had hit the net each time

Unread 19-11-2008, 12:26 PM
TreeFiddy

Doesn't anyone else think Maradona's response about the 1966 winning goal is totally irrelevant and a poor counter argument?

It's not hard to see the difference between a team benefiting from a goal which was incorrectly given, but was simply a shot at goal with no cheating involved and a team benefiting from a goal pushed into the net intentionally by a player's hand in an attempt to con the referee.

Totally different and more just reason to feel resentment toward the cheating player in the second scenario.

Unread 19-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I've always thought this. SHilton should have come hairing out of his goal, caught the ball with both hands and flattened the little bastard. Instead he let a 3 foot 3 inch dwarf beat him to it. Useless @#%&!.
Yeah Shilton you useless @#%&! .. you're rubbish, and on belated reflection it's all your fault..
Closed Thread