United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Baron

with who's available & the formation I think Carrick & Anderson. There needs to be some energy & athleticism, not to mention genuine ability in there. Fletcher has come on this year but he still somehow seems to be infinitely better against the better sides but defo a marked improvement this season.

I think the Cougar is £#%&!ed. Tendonitis seems to be

If we played the 4-2-3-1 formation & Hargreaves was fit, I'd have him & Anderson as they can fill in for the full backs & I think width is a massive part of the attacking philosphy we'll use.

Carrick, when fit, is definitely the best in a 4-4-2 though.

Horses for courses, we don't need to settle on a steady 2 imo. Just determine what is best per game & adapt.

Unread 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM
King Schlong

Carrick
Anderson
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Hargreaves

Love Scholes and Giggs, but if i had to choose it would be Carrick/Anderson with Fletcher third choice at the minute. I think its about time that Giggs and Scholes were slowly phased out

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
The Return of JC

Carrick is the most important. It's him and one other, IMO.

Scholes can't play in a 2 against quality opposition and I'm not even going to dignify Hargreaves inclusion with anything other than this sentence. So, Carrick next to Giggs, Fletcher or Anderson. Fletcher has improved greatly and it's testament to him that we're even mentioning him in the same breath as the others. We wouldn't have done a year ago. Giggs still offers something different (experience, skill, guile, intelligence, composure: All reasons I'd start him on Wednesday), but he's not a fixture in the long run. So, I'd say it's between Fletcher and Anderson and Anderson just shades it, for me. Excellent on Saturday and the future of our midfield. Fletcher is the form player, but Anderson in the long run.

Carrick and Anderson, for me.

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Carrick
Anderson
Fletcher
Scholes
Giggs
Hargreaves

Love Scholes and Giggs, but if i had to choose it would be Carrick/Anderson with Fletcher third choice at the minute. I think its about time that Giggs and Scholes were slowly phased out
They are being, aren't they?

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
They are being, aren't they?
Yes. Nor slow enough for some but yes, they are.

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yes. Nor slow enough for some but yes, they are.
It's gonna hit some folk on here like a punch in the crotch when those two go. They'll get better after they've gone (I know what I mean).

I love watching Giggs now more than ever. I appreciate every minute he's out there because we may not see him again after this season and his departure will represent the last of the original Fergie title winning side dying out. He's the most decorated player this country has ever seen, a model pro and a red through and through....and he's still a really good £#%&!in' player. Everyone needs phasing out eventually, but the fact that we can do it while he still has something to offer us is a pleasure.

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It's gonna hit some folk on here like a punch in the crotch when those two go. They'll get better after they've gone (I know what I mean).

I love watching Giggs now more than ever. I appreciate every minute he's out there because we may not see him again after this season and his departure will represent the last of the original Fergie title winning side dying out. He's the most decorated player this country has ever seen, a model pro and a red through and through....and he's still a really good £#%&!in' player. Everyone needs phasing out eventually, but the fact that we can do it while he still has something to offer us is a pleasure.
He's actually done very well when played this eason imo. Was good at the end of last season too.

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Been saying it for years, Giggs is the only player Fergie will never be able to replace.

Unread 03-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Agreed re

Giggs - a legend.

Team v Arsenal

Usual Suspects at the back

Fletcher Carrick Anderson

Ronaldo Rooney Berbatov

Simple.
Closed Thread