United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:06 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I won't "boo" him....but I don't understand how any United fan can have any affection left for him after this Summer.
The arrogance of the lad is beyong sickening.
He DOESN'T want to play for us. He's at the Club because he couldn't get his own way.
I can't really warm to players like that. Sorry if that makes me old fashioned.

Yes, he's a fine player...but this belief that he'll walk back into the team & 'make everything right' doesn't add up to me.
I think it'll be a while before we look anything like a settled, consistent side again.

I don't think it's a case of open arms.

We all would love to have a team of superstars (ideally local) who want to spend the entire career with the club.

I have had people in 'my team' who i don't particularly like, maybe don't entirely buy into the business as much as some of us do, but some of them have been £#%&!ing good at their jobs and in turn can help me do my job better which in terms meants the job is done better.

Call me a @#%&! and or Machiavellian, but i can cope with a @#%&! who is good at their job and trying to the best of their ability, a shit @#%&!, who isn't trying i can do without.

He acted the @#%&! big style in the summer, in all probability we all seem to expect him to leave in the summer for sunnier climes, as he has always said / inferred he would.

While he's here, and doing it for us, i want him in the team, doesn't mean I want to kiss his arse.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

To be honest i don't give a shit about him personally but hope he scores goals and helps us win games. He's shown his mercenary ways and that he doesn't care about the club so we may as well get value for what we pay him and benefit the team before he almost certainly heads off to his dream club in the summer. If you still don't think he wanted to go to Real in the summer by the way and treated the club and its fans shabbily in the process, in my opinion you are deluded.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
%@#$&!s. If he didn't want to play for us, he would have stuck in a transfer request and been sold.

The truth is none of us really know what went on, but it certainly isn't as black and white as you're making out.
I think it was only the influence of Fergie that stopped him putting in a transfer request.
He said himself that he would have gone if the Clubs could have agreed because "it's his dream" etc..

But anyway, I'm not gonna get into another Ronaldo debate!...had enough of them over the SUmmer.

My point is, we look very disorganised as a side right now & I'm not sure that rushing Ronaldo back from injury is necessarily gonna improve very much.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:10 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
[size="7"]uber red
irony here is unreal

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think it was only the influence of Fergie that stopped him putting in a transfer request.
Or losing 10% of what could've been a £70+ million transfer?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What if Ronaldo came out publically and said he hates United and supports drink driving, I wonder if the fanboys would be quick to support him then.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Sparky***

people underestimate sometimes how big of an impact just having him on the pitch is.

he constantly occupies at least 2 players whenever he plays. The other teams are scared shitless of him, so straightaway it gives us a psychological advantage. He frees up space in the middle of the park by dragging players out wide to double up on him and most importantly, he scores goals and can take a free kick.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
people underestimate sometimes how big of an impact just having him on the pitch is.

he constantly occupies at least 2 players whenever he plays. The other teams are scared shitless of him, so straightaway it gives us a psychological advantage. He frees up space in the middle of the park by dragging players out wide to double up on him and most importantly, he scores goals and can take a free kick.
Don't think anyone is underestimating his impact on the pitch, after last season that's nigh on impossible. There does seem to be a difference of opinions of how his behaviour over the summer affected the way you think of him, if at all.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:17 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

sparky you wont find me or most reds saying he is shit or we dont need him because we really do.

Fact is the way he treated the club and most of all us the supporters was £#%&!ing disgusting. He can score all the goals he wants for the team but i will still think he is a @#%&!.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:17 PM
marlo stansfield

i dislike him as a player and tbh i will support the team and not him.

he has to play for footballing reasons but lets get it clear.

he is only here because united refused to sell. not because he likes the club or respects the fans.

an absolute @#%&! of a man who has shitted on his legacy at ot.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:23 PM
nick henry

He is our most dangerous player which ever way you look at it and we are weaker for not having him in the side. Booing him would only ever be counter-productive because whilst he is here we need him to perform well for us to have any real chance of defending our trophies.

That said it is almost imposible to have any real affection for him after his antics this summer that however much you wish to ignore or defend were the actions of a disloyal egotist.

I wish we could replace him but currently it is nigh on impossible and if anything his enforced absence from the side shows how integral he is to us being successful in the here and now.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
sparky you wont find me or most reds saying he is shit or we dont need him because we really do.

Fact is the way he treated the club and most of all us the supporters was £#%&!ing disgusting. He can score all the goals he wants for the team but i will still think he is a @#%&!.
I am in total agreement. I think he's an egotistical shite and i've said as much several hundered times.

But we're paying him £120,000 a week and he should be out there £#%&!ing earning every penny of it by winning us trophies.

If you could promise me tomorrow that we'd replace him with someone as good, then i'd say £#%&! him off pronto - but the fact is there isn't another player who can do what he does for us. Like it or lump it.

Also, I'd like to see him back scoring goals against all those £#%&!ers who were mocking us in the summer making up shit songs about him going to madrid.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:24 PM
naes_sean

fantastic footballer, @#%&! of a person.

Quote:
"I'm already in the history of the club. When I play the fans will love me again."
he's shitted on that history imo.

I would never boo someone in the shirt though. But a @#%&! all the same.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:45 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
I am in total agreement. I think he's an egotistical shite and i've said as much several hundered times.

But we're paying him £120,000 a week and he should be out there £#%&!ing earning every penny of it by winning us trophies.

If you could promise me tomorrow that we'd replace him with someone as good, then i'd say £#%&! him off pronto - but the fact is there isn't another player who can do what he does for us. Like it or lump it.

Also, I'd like to see him back scoring goals against all those £#%&!ers who were mocking us in the summer making up shit songs about him going to madrid.
i understand your point pal " making the best of a bad situation"

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Spiffy

So what if he's like 2 players on the pitch? There's more to the game than scoring goals isn't there? Interesting to see the people who support us because we win support Ronaldo and those who support United the club not just the team don't.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:54 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
So what if he's like 2 players on the pitch? There's more to the game than scoring goals isn't there? Interesting to see the people who support us because we win support Ronaldo and those who support United the club not just the team don't.
very good point.

was hoping the city deal for robinho would mean we could sell him on deadline day.
Closed Thread