United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:31 PM
redrose

Carrick can hardly be labelled a "Saha" ffs! He's played as many games as anyone in the 2 seasons he's been with us. He is a top top player and will be for years to come. We went downhill sat directly after he got injured. Scholes had a dreadful game, but cam someone explain Andierson's performance to me?

After last season's early promise, he's faded badly. Sat he started well, but was as awful as the rest of them in the 2nd half.

Need him & Hargo to step up to the mark on Weds & vs Rents!!

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
as far as i'm concerned drawing conclusions about players being finished/formations being impossible etc. is nonsense. scholes and carrick were the best cm pair in the premiership last season; they've hardly become crap in the space of three months.

for me the issue is form and fitness. we still look like we're in pre-season, slow, off the pace, lacking in aggression, sloppy, making individual errors. saturday was not a one-off: we were shite against newcastle, shite against zenit and £#%&! against the scouse. nothing to do with formations: we've been crap whatever formation we've tried so far.
plus no Ronaldo. Much as we like to say how much better the team is with Rooney in it, purely & simply Ronaldo makes other teams shit themselves. We can compensate with most out, but Ronaldo & Rooney in the same side is a completely different proposition due to the space afforded to everyone else when he's on the pitch.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:44 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
but cam someone explain Andierson's performance to me?

After last season's early promise, he's faded badly. Sat he started well, but was as awful as the rest of them in the 2nd half.

!!
how well would carrick play on the rw???

or is it because anderson is left footed and brazilian he should be expected to play well as a lw.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:51 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
. scholes and carrick were the best cm pair in the premiership last season;
they started 11 games together last season.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
how well would carrick play on the rw???

or is it because anderson is left footed and brazilian he should be expected to play well as a lw.
To be fair Anderson does have experience of playing wide left though and his natural skill and pace lend them self to playing on the wing.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
they started 11 games together last season.
ah, ok. then i'd better change what i said from 'they were the most often played pair in the premiership last season' to 'they were the best cm pair in the premiership last season'. apologies.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:20 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
ah, ok. then i'd better change what i said from 'they were the most often played pair in the premiership last season' to 'they were the best cm pair in the premiership last season'. apologies.
no need.

i was just saying i dont think we had a 'best midfield' partnership because we played so many combinations due to scholes being injured for about 3 months, carrick breaking his elbow, anderson being rested and hargreaves being hargreaves.

06/07 scholes and carrick were the best midfield in the premiership.confirmed.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:23 PM
borsuk

Quote:
no need.

i was just saying i dont think we had a 'best midfield' partnership because we played so many combinations due to scholes being injured for about 3 months, carrick breaking his elbow, anderson being rested and hargreaves being hargreaves.

06/07 scholes and carrick were the best midfield in the premiership.confirmed.
fair enough. but i think scholes and carrick were our big game choice wherever possible. that's not to say that will be the case this season. on current form fletcher is easily our most impressive m/f this season.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
fair enough. but i think scholes and carrick were our big game choice wherever possible. that's not to say that will be the case this season. on current form fletcher is easily our most impressive m/f this season.
Scholes was left out away at Liverpool and Arsenal.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Fergie stated that this season the intention has been to let Scholes take more of a back seat and for younger players to take over from him. It is hardly Scholes fault in this instance that players haven't been fit enough for this to happen yet. I'm sure it will over time this season. Having said that, Fletcher should count himself very unlucky not to have started at Anfield.
Closed Thread