United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Luffy

Default News of the World slag Rooney off!

WAYNE ROONEY 6 (out of 10)

Quote:
THE Manchester United star should be the talisman on tricky evenings such as this, but he is still struggling to become the world-class international striker he is expected to be.

Even when England had a comfortable lead, you could sense Rooney was on edge. He provoked cheers when one lunging tackle, having earlier lost possession, escaped punishment. But for a split second, one wondered if his aggression had got the better of him once more.

Rooney looks a novice at international level. If England are to top this group, they need him to grow up quicker. Perhaps it just needs a goal, but he missed a glaring early chance.

It was no surprise to see him withdrawn at half-time for Joe Cole, who is certain to start in Croatia.
Funny that, I thought he made the best passes in the game. I think he's shown now that he's best when he isn't the main striker, he is always superb when he has a Saha, Owen or Ruud to play alongside - even if he does end up dominating the attack and making his partner look abit shit in that case. When asked to play the main role he does tend to run out of ideas or look abit unnatural.

Nevertheless, you can tell the press have their anti Utd angle this season - and Rooney's the target.

Unread 07-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Ether

I really couldn't give a shit what the press think. The sad thing is though, a few £#%&!wits on here will be agreeing with it.

Unread 07-09-2008, 04:24 AM
Smiling Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
he's best when he isn't the main striker, he is always superb when he has a Saha, Owen or Ruud to play alongside -
And everyone has known this for years--or should have.

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Gakbu

Joe Cole scored from a through ball from Rooney ... bit difficult to see how Rooney was subbed for Cole in this case... £#%&!ing worthless journalism, just like the rest of the British football media...crap.

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakbu
Joe Cole scored from a through ball from Rooney ... bit difficult to see how Rooney was subbed for Cole in this case... £#%&!ing worthless journalism, just like the rest of the British football media...crap.
i'd probably go along with that view

a few £#%&!wits on here will no doubt argue that they're not lying scum though - ooh don't shoot the messenger/no smoke without fire etc

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakbu
it actually makes my blood boil that the tabloid press are permitted to get away with sloppiness like this. How long would any of us last in our jobs if we made appalling basic mistakes like that

their purpose is to inform the reading public with facts, albeit presented from whatever angle supports their paper's agenda, but that is another story. How is it permissible to do their job so downright incompetently?

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
it actually makes my blood boil that the tabloid press are permitted to get away with sloppiness like this. How long would any of us last in our jobs if we made appalling basic mistakes like that

their purpose is to inform the reading public with facts, albeit presented from whatever angle supports their paper's agenda, but that is another story. How is it permissible to do their job so downright incompetently?
if a bloke blows his brains out in the back garden of his ex-girlfriend, is it okay for the NotW to turn up at the house the following week, knock on the door, and ask the ex-girlfriend what she did to £#%&! his mind up?

the English press are scum.

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM
marlo stansfield

what are the press on about....

rooney is really well at the minute and is the talisman for england and united.

0 goals and 1 yellow card dont matter, he works so hard.

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:57 AM
magic_cantona

Rooney is superb, he'll come good again.

I'm now walking away from this thread because I can see where it's going to go.

Unread 07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
what are the press on about...
£#%&! knows

they could do with some decent on the ball writers if you ask me

why don't you apply marlo, you would be an improvement

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:01 AM
magic_cantona

You know it makes sense, there's no point.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:02 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
£#%&! knows

they could do with some decent on the ball writers if you ask me

why don't you apply marlo, you would be an improvement
its a joke it really is.

its not as if rooney is not playing well is it?

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Gakbu

I was following the Ronaldo transfer story with some disinterest (if he stays good if not we have to replace him) this summer. The reporting of it was shocking though. It was impossible to distinguish the journalists from the fans, that's a bad sign. In the end it boiled down to a twenty something kid being led to believe he was going to be paid XX millions in the biggest transfer ever, there wasn't sufficient (financial backing) interest from Real so the deal never materialised..... the reporters were obsessing themselves with "loyalty"....like fans.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
razzle

Quote:
what are the press on about....

rooney is really well at the minute and is the talisman for england and united.

0 goals and 1 yellow card dont matter, he works so hard.
have a day off

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Capello rose from the dug-out, strode towards the touchline and exchanged angry words with Cole and Rooney.

The manager admitted: “Did I have a row with them? Yes.

“I was upset that they had both dropped far too deep into the midfield which meant Emile Heskey was then left alone up front.

“I made my feelings plain to them that they needed to get further forward and offer Heskey more support. That’s what I said to them.”
%@#$&!s. £#%&! the quote, that doesnt sound like rooney at all.
even top international coaches dont understand how rooney plays and how great he is at it.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
MJ Ramone

I didn't see the game so can't comment on any performance.
All I know is the 'marks out of ten' that the papers give are usually insane.
I saw a Sun or Star (can't remember which) the morning after our game at Fratton park last month. Anderson got 4 (FOUR!) out of 10 despite having a terrific return from injury.

Rooney isn't at his best at the minute, even I can't say he is. But the way he's become a fall guy/kicking post for the Press after every game is getting ridiculous.

Rooney will get more criticism on here for his apparently tepid performance last night than Tevez will for getting sent off.
Imagine the reaction from tarts like Saf & Keano's Love if Rooney had seen Red last night?....He'd be villified for being a loose cannon etc..

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
its a joke it really is.

its not as if rooney is not playing well is it?
Quote:
%@#$&!s. £#%&! the quote, that doesnt sound like rooney at all.
even top international coaches dont understand how rooney plays and how great he is at it.
yeh, you're rolling now blood

where did you watch the action man?

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Rooney isn't at his best at the minute, even I can't say he is. But the way he's become a fall guy/kicking post for the Press after every game is getting ridiculous.

:
it works both ways .

when he plays well for england the press lap it up so when he doesnt they come down hard of him.

as englands best player off course the criticism will come his way.
look at the team that played yesterday.

heskey,downing,barry,walcott etc.

the one stand out player is englands main man who should be expected to carry the team through that game as he is the big name out there.

you cant blame the press for slagging him off at all.

its not like capello didnt also single him out for criticism.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:19 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

where did you watch the action man?
on this weird box sort of thing i have indoors.

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Tumescent Throb

Closed Thread