United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Fountz

Cool So the pretty boy feels he's a "slave" at United !!

Flog him, but not to Real Madrid. I do not want the spoilt little shit or them to get their own way - Have a word with Roman.. Seriously, I'd rather we flogged him to our main rivals.

He's not as good as he thinks he is.

Odious little shit.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:03 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

He's not as good as he thinks he is.

You don't have to agree with him, but let's not be bitter.

He is as good as he thinks he is.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Yes he is.

I do wonder why he is so trapped and feels soem much like a slave when he still hasn't asked to leave. Does anyone know what his loyalty payment is likely to be if he doesn't hand in a transfer request?

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

He hasn't put in a transfer request. Why? So he gets millions of pounds as a pay off when he leaves. Now don't get me wrong, I've only read a bit about slavery, mainly in the context of the US Civil war but I dobn't recall many slaves nbeing on £120k a week, nor many of them staying on a plantation to hold out for a £10 million payoff upon being freed. £#%&! Ronaldo.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:07 AM
flange

It won't happen but I'd like to see the £#%&!er made to stay for the whole duration of his contract, just to piss him and Real off. Even his agents think he's being a #@&%!.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He is as good as he thinks he is.
Don't think he is.. at all.

He'll get his own way, he'll end up over there and become the new Raul.

Bloated, overpaid and untouchable, he'll rarely produce the goods when it really matters, he'll winge and moan to Calderon or whoever El Presidente happens to be at the time and ensure that a succession of coaches are booted out.

IMO of course !

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Don't think he is.. at all.

He'll get his own way, he'll end up over there and become the new Raul.

Bloated, overpaid and untouchable, he'll rarely produce the goods when it really matters, he'll winge and moan to Calderon or whoever El Presidente happens to be at the time and ensure that a succession of coaches are booted out.

IMO of course !
It's difficult to tell how good Ronnie is, I though he actually played better the season before last but he just couldn't stop scoring last season.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ronnie in spain might be a different kettle of fish tbh. I'm not trying to be bitter here but he's great against the absolute garbage defences in the premiership but he would never score 42 goals in a season in Spain. Was £#%&!ing useless against Barca too. I'd like to see him fail in Spain.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It's difficult to tell how good Ronnie is, I though he actually played better the season before last but he just couldn't stop scoring last season.
Agree to a certain extent. Not denying that he's sublimely gifted, but actually as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm never as confident when it's a really big game.

When he goes, one of the things I'll miss is actually his ability in the air.

Anyway, as you rightly pointed out, if he feels a slave, all he has to do is put in a transfer request. Simple !

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ronnie in spain might be a different kettle of fish tbh. I'm not trying to be bitter here but he's great against the absolute garbage defences in the premiership but he would never score 42 goals in a season in Spain. Was £#%&!ing useless against Barca too. I'd like to see him fail in Spain.
That's the thing, last season in a lot of games Ronnie was largely peripheral with players like rooney and Tevez far more prominent, then Ronnie would score 2 or 3 and win us the game. dunno what that actually means about him as a player.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Agree to a certain extent. Not denying that he's sublimely gifted, but actually as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm never as confident when it's a really big game.

When he goes, one of the things I'll miss is actually his ability in the air.

Anyway, as you rightly pointed out, if he feels a slave, all he has to do is put in a transfer request. Simple !
If we brought in agoalscorer with ariel ability, both Berba and The Hunter fit the bill, could they not fill a lot of the gap Ronnie would leave? If we got 25-30 goals out of them, Tevez and Rooney would only need a few more each and the goals are made up. Just a thought. Also, we could improve on this by bringing in an attacking midfielder with a goal threat.

Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Good point, and what everyone also fails to acknowledge is the fact that he's playing for a superb and extremely attack minded team where our own Galacticos have been prepared to sacrifice a lot of their own personal freedom and consign themselves to more disciplined roles in an effort to put it on a plate for Cheese-Boy.

I genuinely believe Rooney & Tevez will absolutely shine once he's gone.

captain scarlet

I cringe in embarassment for anyone like Ronaldo-pampered, super-rich and privileged to the max describing themselves as a "slave". A statement like that is breathtakingly ridiculous.

Ignorance and self obsession in perfect harmony.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
If we brought in agoalscorer with ariel ability, both Berba and The Hunter fit the bill,
I'd be pleased with The Hunter but I'd be delighted with Berbatov.

You just get a feeling about certain players and I think he'd be absolutely superb for us.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Good point, and what everyone also fails to acknowledge is the fact that he's playing for a superb and extremely attack minded team where our own Galacticos have been prepared to sacrifice a lot of their own personal freedom and consign themselves to more disciplined roles in an effort to put it on a plate for Cheese-Boy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/7224064.stm

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I cringe in embarassment for anyone like Ronaldo-pampered, super-rich and privileged to the max describing themselves as a "slave". A statement like that is breathtakingly ridiculous.

Ignorance and self obsession in perfect harmony.
Exactly, although I'm sure he'll bleet about it being taken out of context yadda yadda..

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The piece of shit is going to be at United this season though, wether we rather he was or wasn't. I wouldn't really want to see him in the shirt though, because I will still hate him, especially given his comments that if he's forced to stay the fans will be won over with a few goals. Absolutely no respect for the supporters.

Unread 11-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Zorg

Quote:

I've been saying that a lot lately, I think Rooney especially will become the player everyone knows he can be.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I've been saying that a lot lately, I think Rooney especially will become the player everyone knows he can be.
Yep, remember when we used to play. One lad was amazing, but knew it. He was incredibly ball greedy and used to moan his arse of at other lads. He started to get spotted and as a result would be off doing trials and playing for various club junior sides of a far higher calibre.

The games where he was missing, everyone breathed a sigh of relief knuckled down and played their collective arses. We were far more of a team and put together some decent passing moves as opposed to him sidling up to you saying "ere let us 'ave it" and then proceeding to try and dribble around the whole of the opposition. Granted he scored some stupendous glory goals, but we were actually better when he didn't play.

Unread 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
borsuk

ronnie's a fantastic player. he's not overrated and he'd improve any team he plays for. can't see how anyone could argue with that tbh.

but we'll continue to improve as a team. and madrid won't solve the (major) problems they have in midfield and at the back by blowing their budget on ronnie.

it will be interesting to see his reaction if the united fans get on his back next year. not at ot - he's absolutely right about that - but maybe away from home...

anyway, i've posted often enough that i think united will be much less effective when ronnie leaves. i think we'll be better to watch, though.
Closed Thread