United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default I'm thinking of getting MUTV back next season.

Had it for a while a few years back but cancelled it. Would like to see some of the young players this year though, particularly Possebon, welbeck and the lad we stole off Roma. Should I do it? How much is it now?

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Had it for a while a few years back but cancelled it. Would like to see some of the young players this year though, particularly Possebon, welbeck and the lad we stole off Roma. Should I do it? How much is it now?
the cost is your soul.

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
£6 a month & yes its ok

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
neworder

I loved MUTV but cancelled it when Glazer came in

I am missing it tbf

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Skag Trendy

Get a D box, it costs me nothing.

Its pretty shit to be honest.

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
the cost is your soul.
I still go to games so i presume from that perspective my soul is lost anyway.

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Ginners

yeah get it, will have good coverage of the pre season too

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

i ditched it last season cos of setanta being a tenner a month, so thought i'd have setanta instead of mutv...

but i missed mutv last season - the programming is a lot better now and the presenters are better - think i'll get it back this month so can watch the pre season friendlies etc.

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Get a D box
?

Unread 03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i ditched it last season cos of setanta being a tenner a month, so thought i'd have setanta instead of mutv...

but i missed mutv last season - the programming is a lot better now and the presenters are better - think i'll get it back this month so can watch the pre season friendlies etc.
Setanta have just put their prices up without warning. think it's £12.99 as of next month.

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Stickman

Default mutv's a funny one for me

In the main its pretty shit but I miss it when I dont have it...

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

tbh £1.50 a week is nothing, cant even get a can of coke for that nowadays

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

We've some exciting kids coming through at the moment though so i'd like to be able to watch the reserve/youth games.

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

I know what you mean. I think I may get it for the pre season games.

I did two stints of work experience there in 2001 and 2002. There are some right clowns there tbh. There is a scouser called Andy Dickman who is a bit of a tit.

Some sound lads though and some tasty birds.

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
George Bestial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
the cost is your soul.
Sounds like something you'd see on an Eff See flag that...

Unread 03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
the heathen

Quote:
There are two types of Dbox2 (and make sure its a 2) one for Cable and One for Sat the good thing about the dbox is that its Linux based software so you can change a lot more on the software in fact you can use the same Enigma software as the Dreambox with a slight difference.

The are hundreds of European sites that support the Dbox but get Firefox with a translation plugin as there are very few in English there mostly German.

You can pre-load all Cams into the software so no need to buy an extermal cam for any viewing card and all of these are readilly available for download. Most of the images are the same for Cable or Sat and auto detect the type of box you have installed it on, hence you can't get sat on a cable box and vice versa.

If you are thinking of buying one you need to make sure that its in Dbug Mode, that means you have hot wired the Flash Memory to except additional software and you can then use an number of Dbox tools to write a new image to the box.

There are currently 3 versions Sagem,Nokia and Phillips about but the Phillips are rare and supposed to be better in sat than Cable versions. The sagem is built like a tank but people report that they can give problems when using diseqc 1.2 to control a motor its a bit hit and miss. The nokia arent too bad

But yoiu need to check the chip configuration on them as they have a number of versions that except different image formats
1x chip
2xAMD
2Xintel

if you flash a 1x to a 2x box it will need some additional sofware to recover

All In All they are good at what they do provide easy linux based software with all the functionallity of the Dreambox in fact the Dreambox seems to be built on the Dbox format.
£#%&! me. Is that english?

I've heard about these boxes and I don't consider myself a technophobe at all but I wouldn't pretend to know what any of that's about.

Unread 03-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
£#%&! me. Is that english?

I've heard about these boxes and I don't consider myself a technophobe at all but I wouldn't pretend to know what any of that's about.
In all mate all you need to do is buy a Dbox2 of ebay for about 100 quid, get an image flashed on it(i use Blade Trinity) then connext it into a Virgin connection and off you go.

All channels for nothing.

Unread 03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
In all mate all you need to do is buy a Dbox2 of ebay for about 100 quid, get an image flashed on it(i use Blade Trinity) then connext it into a Virgin connection and off you go.

All channels for nothing.
Would it work with a non sky digital reciever?

And would it work on other sats than the one sky broadcast on (Astra2) ?

What I'm getting at is would I be able to get live football on a saturday broadcast on say hotbird give that I can aline my dish to the sat?

Unread 03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Would it work with a non sky digital reciever?

And would it work on other sats than the one sky broadcast on (Astra2) ?

What I'm getting at is would I be able to get live football on a saturday broadcast on say hotbird give that I can aline my dish to the sat?

Not sure mate, have a look around this site-

http://www.wizardmods.co.uk/forum/index.php

Unread 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Not sure mate, have a look around this site-

http://www.wizardmods.co.uk/forum/index.php
cheers
Closed Thread