United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Wigan - The Official Thread

Basically we have to get our best players on the pitch in my opinion. Giggs will start but I wouldn't. Here's how I'd go.

VDS
Wes
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Carrick
The Cougar
Anderson
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:08 AM
waynes ear's

scholes for anderson

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
scholes for anderson
Obviously, just didn't want vio getting into a tizz.

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Whalefish

I think it'll be this:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Carrick

Ronaldo
Anderson
Park

Tevez

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think it'll be this:

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Carrick

Ronaldo
Anderson
Park

Tevez

I'd be shocked if Anderson starts.

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:43 AM
MUFC One Love

I'd be a bit worried if the midfield 3 is The Cougar, Carrick and Scholes. It's gonna be a high tempo game and I'm not sure that midfield will offer enough in supporting the attackers.

I'm nervous about this game.

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Whalefish

I'm not sure Wigan have the players to match us technically in a 'high tempo' game. They do have a few who'll run about lots and kick anything that moves, Michael Brown for example.

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not sure Wigan have the players to match us technically in a 'high tempo' game. They do have a few who'll run about lots and kick anything that moves, Michael Brown for example.
Michael 'How the £#%&! does he keep getting away with it' Brown?

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Is Anderson still alive?

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'd be a bit worried if the midfield 3 is The Cougar, Carrick and Scholes. It's gonna be a high tempo game and I'm not sure that midfield will offer enough in supporting the attackers.

3 world class midfielders against Wigan? I'd be happy enough.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

It's Wigan ffs.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Giggs will start but I wouldn't.
Who are you? John O'Shea?

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Billy Baroo

nerves have properly set in

early goal please, early goal, early goal

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Stickman

Id start Anderson over Scholes if im totally honest. We need real bite on Sunday and to take a up and at them approach.

Id like Hargreaves Anderson Tevez and Rooney all n the pitch from the start.
Id also play Fletcher ahead of Park.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I don't care who starts, as long as we're 2 up inside 10 minutes i'll be happy. Even just 1 up inside the first 20 minutes will be fine. 2-0 up at half time is the ideal one for me.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:16 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
It's Wigan ffs.
Yeah it is, hence why is we have the right balance we'll murder them. Although if a 1 off game it could be said it isn't as simple as that. But that midfield 3 would end up stuck in midfield leaving a congested 'battle'.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Ether

If The Cougar is given license to prowl, he can get forward as much as Anderson does.

I would like to see Anderson start, just don't think he will. Fergie seems to forget he exists for weeks at a time.

But I think in his absence, that midfield 3 will still do the job. Or even just 2 from those 3.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
If The Cougar is given license to prowl, he can get forward as much as Anderson does.

I would like to see Anderson start, just don't think he will. Fergie seems to forget he exists for weeks at a time.

But I think in his absence, that midfield 3 will still do the job. Or even just 2 from those 3.
I agree.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Paul Mcgrath

1. Unbeaten in five; won two and drawn three since losing 2-0, away to Portsmouth on 29 March.

2. Scored 34 goals; only Derby (20) have netted fewer.

3. Will end the season with their second highest Premier League points total. Currently on 40 points. Amassed 51 points when finishing 10th in their initial season in 2005-06, and 38 points and 17th place last season.

4. Gained two victories in 11 North-West derbies this season, against Blackburn (h) and Bolton (h).

5. Lost their first 20 Premier League matches against the 'Big Four' clubs, but drawn the last three against Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h) and Chelsea (a).

6. Won their last fixture last season, 1-2, away to Sheffield United to retain their Premier League status (on goal difference).

7. Undefeated in seven at the JJB. Won four and drawn three since losing 1-2 to Everton on 20 January.

8. Kept clean sheets in six of the last seven at home. Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham is the only visiting player to score in 668 minutes (11 hours eight minutes) of league soccer at the JJB.

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Paul Mcgrath

1. Bidding for their first Premier League and Champions League double since 1998-99.

2. Lost one of the last 13 in all competitions. The 2-1 defeat, away to Chelsea on 26 April, is their only loss in 11 league games.
3. Secured 26 victories, scored 78 goals, at one every 43 minutes on average, and conceded 22, at one every 151 minutes (two hours 31 minutes); the best in all three categories.

4. Victory would give them a maximum of 87 points - their third highest in a 38-game Premier League.

5. Kept 20 clean sheets; only Chelsea beat that with 21. Also, dropped the same number of points as the Blues (27), which is fewer than any other clubs.

6. Opened the scoring in an unmatched 28 games (won 24, and lost just one of them); and allowed the opposition to score first in eight matches - that's fewer occasions than any other club.

7. Scored 17 goals in the last 10 minutes; more than any other club. - Could be a nervy one

8. On the longest current run since a goalless draw of 36 matches; and the longest since failing to score of 23 matches.

9. Not won in four away from home in all competitions, since the 0-2 triumph over AS Roma in Italy in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final on 1 April.

10. Hoping to add Wigan to Everton, Sunderland, Birmingham, Newcastle, Fulham, Derby, Liverpool, and Aston Villa as those they've done the double over this season.
Closed Thread