United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
1MUFC

Default This premier league aboard thing

I know there have been numerous threads and men landing on the moon but we need to clear it up I think and have a proper thread.

Its all obviously got to be finalized but from what I have gathered our 38 league games a season aren’t going to be going anywhere thankfully.

They plan to add an extra game (10 fixtures) over one weekend in January.

Who will play who will be decided on things like league position and done in a draw, these @#%&!s in America and that will want to see the ‘big sides’ play the big sides but its just not going to happen because it would be unfair if 3 points are at stake. But I am sure they will fix it.

Personally I don’t like it, but its not ‘league games are going to new york’, one extra game a season is going to, and tbh I don’t give a £#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
believe

are they coming on the yacht?

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Ether

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
are they coming on the yacht?
who are ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Thanks for clearing that up for us.
LOL

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Mr_Ed

As I said before... what happens in the seasons where the league is won by 1 or 2 points. If we have to travel to Malaysia to play Chelsea whilst Arsenal play Derby (for example) then where is the fairness in that?

What if teams are relagated on the basis of these one off games?

It's about playing your games home and away over the course of a season - not the benefit of 1 extra fixture.

The teams would have to be seeded for this to work so we'd always end up playing either Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool in a neutral venue... Could you see Derby and Fulham kicking up a storm in Beijing? Naah... there are only 2 games worth watching out of it.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
As I said before... what happens in the seasons where the league is won by 1 or 2 points. If we have to travel to Malaysia to play Chelsea whilst Arsenal play Derby (for example) then where is the fairness in that?

What if teams are relagated on the basis of these one off games?

It's about playing your games home and away over the course of a season - not the benefit of 1 extra fixture.

The teams would have to be seeded for this to work so we'd always end up playing either Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool in a neutral venue... Could you see Derby and Fulham kicking up a storm in Beijing? Naah... there are only 2 games worth watching out of it.
I don’t know how they can do it fairly

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
I don’t know how they can do it fairly
They don't care... The only way it would work would possibly be 2 games abroad (oh, what a dilemma for the owners / chairmen)...

It £#%&!ing stinks. Football in this country is shite.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Kim Jong-il

This is what the CL is for IMO the yanks don't care about football anyway and the asians and arabs can get to £#%&!, thats what pre-season is for. Its going to be a £#%&!ing farce.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They don't care... The only way it would work would possibly be 2 games abroad (oh, what a dilemma for the owners / chairmen)...

It £#%&!ing stinks. Football in this country is shite.
This #@&%! on sky said the other leagues are looking at doing it.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Kim Jong-il

Can't the asians and arabs get their own £#%&!ing leagues. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Enjoying Insanity

What are the chances for the sake of "convenience" they have two games in each city, and then you have to buy tickets for both fixtures, hence ensuring that 'Boro Vs Reading is sold out, as people will want to watch United Vs Arsenal ?

They will find a way to fudge this, and of course United being the biggest club in the World will be their number one selling point, and will, as usual get £#%&!ed over the most.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
What are the chances for the sake of "convenience" they have two games in each city, and then you have to buy tickets for both fixtures, hence ensuring that 'Boro Vs Reading is sold out, as people will want to watch United Vs Arsenal ?

They will find a way to fudge this, and of course United being the biggest club in the World will be their number one selling point, and will, as usual get £#%&!ed over the most.
I don't think there is any chance what so ever of us having to buy tickets for this extra game, i mean they can't expect us to travel to £#%&!ing new york can they.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Surprisingly on 5-Live's website they are all in agreement that this is a bad idea...

Apparently the BBC reckon the teams would be seeded so the top 5 don't play each other... Hmm. What if we got Citeh for example and Arsenal got Derby. It just won't work.

Why not do it in pre-season, ship all the teams to one place and the winner gets a Uefa cup spot or something.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
I don't think there is any chance what so ever of us having to buy tickets for this extra game, i mean they can't expect us to travel to £#%&!ing new york can they.
It'll be written in the terms & conditions of your season ticket that you have to attend this game. With MU Travel. At £900 a flight

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Can't the asians and arabs get their own £#%&!ing leagues. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.
You're blaming the wrong people. This is a money grab on the part of the Prem.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Blame can be put on both IMO.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Correct, it's the Yanks and Arabs who'll be fleeced. I can't see tickets for United's game going to many season ticket holders. They'll charge a fortune for the tickets. The club should stand firm and say no, we've got no chance though.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Blame can be put on both IMO.
Of course, but surely not equal blame? Who initiated this? Whose idea was it?

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Kim Jong-il

We've all met whopper asians who are massive man u fans with all the merchandise, these £#%&!ers are also to blame. Go and watch the Chinese Super League @#%&!s.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
We've all met whopper asians who are massive man u fans with all the merchandise, these £#%&!ers are also to blame. Go and watch the Chinese Super League @#%&!s.
Its them @#%&!s in south stand who have done this !
Closed Thread