Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:42 PM
borsuk

Default how's berbatov doing today?

he's our saviour, don't you know.

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:43 PM
1MUFC

I was never on the football manager know £#%&! band wagon, i dont know how many times i said he isnt the right player for us and his goal record isnt anything special, get on that.

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
I was never on the football manager know £#%&! band wagon, i dont know how many times i said he isnt the right player for us and his goal record isnt anything special, get on that.
Got to agree with you there I don't get why people get so giddy over the £#%&!er. For me Anelka is both a better player and would be more suited to the way we play.

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:50 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Got to agree with you there I don't get why people get so giddy over the £#%&!er. For me Anelka is both a better player and would be more suited to the way we play.
We agree all the time

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Fatboy Shrek

To be fair some of his play last season was absolutely quality an he was very good at OT this year. He needs the right guidance, he'd do well under Fergie and along side Rooney, 'there's no question o'that'

Unread 25-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
We agree all the time
No we don't.

See

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:00 PM
borsuk

i doubt berbatov would be able to cope with just being another footballer. everywhere he's played he's been the big star in the dressing room. if he tried that at ot he'd last about thirty seconds.

strikes me as a big fish only in a small pool player. certainly not going to be happy on the bench and i think rooney tevez is unquestionably the future for united.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:02 PM
1MUFC

Kills me when people say as well, ‘yeah he is shit at so and so, but with the right guidance and at United he would be a world beater’.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Kills me when people say as well, ‘yeah he is shit at so and so, but with the right guidance and at United he would be a world beater’.
Who said he was shit? He was £#%&!ing outstanding last season for Spurs, slightly the oppositte of shit.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i doubt berbatov would be able to cope with just being another footballer. everywhere he's played he's been the big star in the dressing room. if he tried that at ot he'd last about thirty seconds.

strikes me as a big fish only in a small pool player. certainly not going to be happy on the bench and i think rooney tevez is unquestionably the future for united.
My post earlier.

I'm on the fence. He's linked well with Rooney, very well infact, but his finishing at times is absolutely woeful. Header against City, Yesterday's sitter, plenty against Villa to name a few. I'm actually worried about it. You can't have a forward who's meant to be on the end of chances missing so many simple ones and often just hitting it straight at the keeper. Sure he works hard, but so does Kevin Davies, it's nice to see it occasionally but sometimes you want to see him troubling defences with the ball at his feet, rather than chasing it, it's not as if our midfield themselves shouldn't be able to contain garbage like Bolton.

I'm not altogether convinced he'll progress much either, his weight hasn't nudged at all since he got here and he has unquestionnably gone backwards from a few years ago (though he has been played with like a toy and been injured for a bit). I want him to succeed, i think he's a United type player, but i'm not convinced he will be a super player for us.

Prove me wrong Carlitos.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:06 PM
1MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Who said he was shit? He was £#%&!ing outstanding last season for Spurs, slightly the oppositte of shit.
Would you care to remind me what spurs actually won and how many league goals he got last season ?, then compare that record with the rest of Europe’s elite strikers.

thanks

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Would you care to remind me what spurs actually won and how many league goals he got last season ?, then compare that record with the rest of Europe’s elite strikers.

thanks
He was at Spurs, not Barcelona. Tevez was at West Ham, yet we could buy him with an even worse strike rate. Carrick was at Spurs, he didn't win owt there.

How about Rooney's strike rate at Everton before we bought him, Ronaldo's at Sporting?

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Whalefish

The chance against Citeh? If you mean the header at the end it was a half chance if that. He should have busted the net with yesterdays chance though.

He'll be fine.

The real culprit here is Fergie entering a long season with 2 fit strikers (Rooney and Tevez) and one striker who isn't right between the ears and is more often than not crocked.

What happened to the old Fergie cliche of needing a pool of four strikers? Load of smelly shite.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Half chance my £#%&!ing arse, you shouldn't miss those. I'll search for a link, he effectively had the whole goal to aim at from where he was, as long as he didn't put it wide he'd be fine.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Whalefish

The Citeh chance? When the ball popped up and hit his head and then went wide? Virtually our last attack of the game - is that the chance you're referring to?

You spend the rest of the day arguing about the merits of Tevez if you like. As said above the real culprit is Fergie. We should not be playing a season with two fit quality strikers.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:20 PM
King Schlong

90th minute penalty.

Defoe's missed it

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:22 PM
legendary saf

Rather have Huntelaar, just scored again, makes it look so f'in easy.

Huntelaar can be gotten for £10m apparently.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Whalefish

I do like the look of him Saf.

I don't disagree with what Shrek's saying btw but I think he's a great little player and brings a lot to the team. He does need to work on his finishing though.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
90th minute penalty.

Defoe's missed it
Ha ha ha. Little @#%&!.

Unread 25-11-2007, 04:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Rather have Huntelaar, just scored again, makes it look so f'in easy.

Huntelaar can be gotten for £10m apparently.
Definitely the better option. Less attitude, room to improve, different to what we already have and he has something to prove.

Then we would just need a replacement for the role Saha plays.
Closed Thread