Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Gary Neville back on Thursday.

Playing in the Manchester Senior Cup v Stockport :-

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/Ne...nited-0012724/

Neville returns as Rio fears emerge
by Ben Blackmore, 30 October 2007

Manchester United captain Gary Neville is set to provide Sir Alex Ferguson with a well-timed boost by making a return to action in Thursday’s Senior Cup tie with Stockport.

The defender’s declaration of fitness arrives within 24 hours of news that Paul Scholes faces knee surgery, leaving him facing a possible three-month absence.

Neville has not donned the red jersey since March due to a string of muscular problems, but now he believes he is finally ready to win his place back for club and country.

"It has been too long," he told Manchester United Radio.

"Missing the end of last season was bad enough but then for it to go into this season is doubly frustrating. Hopefully it's over now and I can get back into the team.

"I've made myself available but with the way Wes is playing it might be a case of easing me back in over the space of a couple of weeks."

The weekend’s massive top-of-the-table showdown with Arsenal will come too soon for Neville, which could leave United with a defensive shortage as fears emerge over Rio Ferdinand.

According to reports Ferdinand had a scan on a troublesome groin on Monday, after he was substituted 20 minutes from the end of Saturday’s 4-1 win over Middlesbrough.

United are believed to be hoping they can patch up their defensive lynchpin for the trip to Emirates Stadium, but as Liverpool found out to their cost such a gamble could have longer term ramifications

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:15 AM
rebelcountyred

is that thursday two weeks?

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
is that thursday two weeks?
No, Thursday in two days.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:21 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
No, Thursday in two days.

believe it when i see it.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
believe it when i see it.
Well, you've only 2 days to wait.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Playing in the Manchester Senior Cup v Stockport :-

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/Ne...nited-0012724/

Neville returns as Rio fears emerge
by Ben Blackmore, 30 October 2007

Manchester United captain Gary Neville is set to provide Sir Alex Ferguson with a well-timed boost by making a return to action in Thursday’s Senior Cup tie with Stockport.

The defender’s declaration of fitness arrives within 24 hours of news that Paul Scholes faces knee surgery, leaving him facing a possible three-month absence.

Neville has not donned the red jersey since March due to a string of muscular problems, but now he believes he is finally ready to win his place back for club and country.

"It has been too long," he told Manchester United Radio.

"Missing the end of last season was bad enough but then for it to go into this season is doubly frustrating. Hopefully it's over now and I can get back into the team.

"I've made myself available but with the way Wes is playing it might be a case of easing me back in over the space of a couple of weeks."

The weekend’s massive top-of-the-table showdown with Arsenal will come too soon for Neville, which could leave United with a defensive shortage as fears emerge over Rio Ferdinand.

According to reports Ferdinand had a scan on a troublesome groin on Monday, after he was substituted 20 minutes from the end of Saturday’s 4-1 win over Middlesbrough.

United are believed to be hoping they can patch up their defensive lynchpin for the trip to Emirates Stadium, but as Liverpool found out to their cost such a gamble could have longer term ramifications
Ferdinan looke pretty disappointed to be taken off on Saturday. That would imply he was in good condition.

Unread 30-10-2007, 10:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Ferdinan looke pretty disappointed to be taken off on Saturday. That would imply he was in good condition.
or that he was annoyed that an injury had flared up. Personally I'm gonna wait and see rather than throw myself into a sea of premature gloom as some have.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:01 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
or that he was annoyed that an injury had flared up. Personally I'm gonna wait and see rather than throw myself into a sea of premature gloom as some have.
How was the mood yesterday?

I don't like missing Mondays.

More Anderson buzz? Hargreaves overrated? Scholes injury is a blessing?

etc

etc

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

I don't like missing Mondays.

More Anderson buzz? Hargreaves overrated? Scholes injury is a blessing?

etc

etc

You aren't allowed to mention Hargo apparantly. Well I'm certainly not.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:04 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You aren't allowed to mention Hargo apparantly. Well I'm certainly not.

Explain.

Personally, I thought he looked a little rusty and this was reflected in his passing. But he gets about the pitch so quickly and he's genuinely one of the best tacklers around. Another good cameo and something to build.

More to come from him, I'm sure.

That hour or so should stand him in good stead for Saturday where his role will be hugely necessary.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Explain.

Personally, I thought he looked a little rusty and this was reflected in his passing. But he gets about the pitch so quickly and he's genuinely one of the best tacklers around. Another good cameo and something to build.

That hour or so should stand him in good stead for Saturday where his role will be hugely necessary.
58 passes with a 90% completion rate, really rusty

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Explain.

All I know is I said I thought he played well, showed good energy and pace and formed a good partnership with Anderson and then BRL's Hargo alleregy kicked in as usual and I was told that he wasn't worthy of mention.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:10 AM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Feisty. If you offer somebody out on Oxford Road it means the railway station, not the road itself.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
Feisty. If you offer somebody out on Oxford Road it means the railway station, not the road itself.
I quite like the Wetherspoons on Oxford Road.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:12 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
58 passes with a 90% completion rate, really rusty
I don't like the pass completion stat. It doesn't account for the amition of the pass. I imagine Fletcher's is quite good too, but unless it's a sideways pass to an unmarked player he usually £#%&!s it up.

I just seem to remember one or two loose passes that were understandable and that wouldn't happen if he was fully fit.

He played well and it's great to have him back. He'll be very very important to us on Saturday. If he can halt Fabregas (well, as much as it's possible to halt him) then that gives us a great chance of getting a result.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
All I know is I said I thought he played well, showed good energy and pace and formed a good partnership with Anderson and then BRL's Hargo alleregy kicked in as usual and I was told that he wasn't worthy of mention.
I see.

Well, I hope you've learned that analysing the performance of United players in a United game on a United forum will NOT be tolerated.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I see.

Well, I hope you've learned that analysing the performance of United players in a United game on a United forum will NOT be tolerated.
Yes and i'm extremely chastened by the experience.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:21 AM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
I quite like the Wetherspoons on Oxford Road.
It has less of a 'Wetherspoons' feel to it than some of the others.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:24 AM
T Shirt Jon

Good ole Gazzer is back.

I've always loved him after he scowled at Schmeichal in the tunnel at Maine Road and refused to shake his hand.

I felt really sorry for him when that #@&%! Goater embarrassed him after that. Imagine having to run the length of the Kippax for the rest of the game after that.

Unread 30-10-2007, 11:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
It has less of a 'Wetherspoons' feel to it than some of the others.
My feeling exactly, kinda feels like a Wetherspoons in an Ikea superstore.
Closed Thread