Unread 02-10-2007, 10:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

How's he playing this year?

Unread 02-10-2007, 11:40 AM
AjaxRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
How's he playing this year?
Not too well, and still he scored 8 times! Give him a chance and he'll score.

Unread 02-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Whalefish

I'd have him at Utd.

Report the other week seemed to suggest he was going to Juventus. Boo hiss. The @#%&!s are after Ivanovic too.

Unread 02-10-2007, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'd have him at Utd.

:
Me too.

Unread 02-10-2007, 11:50 AM
AjaxRed

Can't see why any player'd wanna go to Juve, what a shite club.

Unread 02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxRed
Not too well, and still he scored 8 times! Give him a chance and he'll score.
Didn't he get 5 of hem against some blindschool team?

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:26 PM
legendary saf

4 against De Graafschap
1 against Groningen
1 against Heracles
1 against AZ
1 against VVV

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Could you put the pic in here? I cant get on your website.

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
4 against De Graafschap
1 against Groningen
1 against Heracles
1 against AZ
1 against VVV

In between those, did he play any games against decent sides ?

£#%&! it, I'm gonna say it - I don't believe in this lad, there was a certain feeling when we were to sign Ruud, as if everyone knew he was going to be a goal machine, and virtually no one knew who he was, and even less people had seen him play.

This time around, pretty much the same story 'cept the 'nailed on' feeling just isn't there.

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Could you put the pic in here? I cant get on your website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey

£#%&! it, I'm gonna say it - I don't believe in this lad, there was a certain feeling when we were to sign Ruud, as if everyone knew he was going to be a goal machine, and virtually no one knew who he was, and even less people had seen him play.

This time around, pretty much the same story 'cept the 'nailed on' feeling just isn't there.
Herenveen is the only game he failed to score in.

AZ are one of the better sides in the league and he scored against them. I don't think it matters much though mate, Huntelaar has got a ridiculous goalscoring record over the last 2 seasons and is continuing it this year with 8 goals in 6 games. He'd be worth a shot IMO.

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey

Pretty much how I feel about him tbh. Does not exite me at all. Strength, Power and Pace is what we need if we are buying a new forward. £#%&! knows who though?

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Whalefish

I'm not wanting to start an argumnet but, if reports/rumours are correct, Fergie intends to go for Berbatov next Summer. I'm not sure he's what we need to lead the line IMO. Anyhoo, Tevez and Rooney will still be at OT and although I'm not sure about Saha long term what other alternatives are out there? It is however apparent that Utd do need an alternative number 9 to the one currently at the club.

I'd like someone around the 23-25 age group too. Berbatov will be 28 or 29 won't he?

Agree there will be some risk re Huntelaar (see Kuyt and Kezman as other examples) but I do think he'd be worth a gamble. Mate of mine reckons Utd should have a look at Elmander of Toulouse. The Danish lad. Anyone seen much of him?

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Strength, Power and Pace is what we need if we are buying a new forward.
I guess there's a fair few clubs who'd like a striker that fits that criteria. There aren't many of those about though. The next Drogba for example, where is he? Tbh looking around today a lot of the forwards don't meet the ideal requirements.

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
puressence

but phil rooney and tevez are around 22 and 23 ..

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Whalefish

Well ok around 22/23. I would like a young(ish) striker if this squad is going to stick together for a few years. Not someone who will need replacing in 2/3 years.

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:47 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Well ok around 22/23. I would like a young(ish) striker if this squad is going to stick together for a few years. Not someone who will need replacing in 2/3 years.
id still love anelka ..really feel he would have been brilliant for us ..

Unread 02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Herenveen is the only game he failed to score in.

AZ are one of the better sides in the league and he scored against them. I don't think it matters much though mate, Huntelaar has got a ridiculous goalscoring record over the last 2 seasons and is continuing it this year with 8 goals in 6 games. He'd be worth a shot IMO.
Hmmm, y'see... I just wouldn't.

You might well be right but I can't take a league seriously were an average brazilan striker can come in and score 34 goals in 38 games.

I have no doubt in my mind he'd be good in Italy, but I wouldn't put money on him succeeding in Spain or England.

Suppose that means I don't think he could hack it a la Kuyt who, if you look back was a bit of a goal machine too in the Eriedivisie.

But hey, waddaIknow, I've barely seen him in action - just call it a hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Pretty much how I feel about him tbh. Does not exite me at all. Strength, Power and Pace is what we need if we are buying a new forward. £#%&! knows who though?
Annoyingly, there isn't much to choose from that is proven quality yet wouldn't demand a starting place in the line up.

Maybe for that reason Huntelaar is a sensible target after all

Unread 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

I would just like to say that I love amsterdam.

Unread 02-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Rhodzy

Elmander is swedish whaley
Closed Thread