United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2007, 05:09 AM
sharath

Default Federic Macheda and Joshua King ( Youth players )

First one signed from Lazio. Second one from norway ( Valerenga)

Macheda scored on his debut for us against barsnley. Still only 16 years old. Tall strong, excellent technique and composure on the ball.

Joshua King. apparently only 15 and already playing for Norway under 19's.

Our under 18's teams is one of the best teams we have had in terms of technical ability. Eikrem, brandao, galbraith, ajose, james, norwood... oooh

Unread 19-09-2007, 07:27 AM
BarryX

Sharath - do you go to the games, mate ?

Unread 19-09-2007, 07:43 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Sharath - do you go to the games, mate ?
No mate. I can travel the length of the world to watch the match. Neither have the time or the necessary money.

I watch it either on MUTV if I can catch the highlights, or download highlights of the youth matches if someone has put it on the net.

Unread 19-09-2007, 07:47 AM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Cool. Its allways good to hear about the up and comers from within the club - glad to know that the latest crop of youth seems to be as good as ever.

Unread 19-09-2007, 08:21 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Cool. Its allways good to hear about the up and comers from within the club - glad to know that the latest crop of youth seems to be as good as ever.
yup. Actually if you look at the squad for tonight, I feel a sense of proud.

evans, pique, gibson, nani, anderson, eagles, ronaldo, rooney, tevez.

all under 23

Nice blend of quality youngsters from abroad and developed from the academy.

I am excited about Ajose though. Seems to love playing for the club. 16 years old. Fantastic poacher of a striker. has played for England under 16's. Not to forget James and Norwood. All English.

Unread 19-09-2007, 08:37 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
yup. Actually if you look at the squad for tonight, I feel a sense of proud.

evans, pique, gibson, nani, anderson, eagles, ronaldo, rooney, tevez.

all under 23

Nice blend of quality youngsters from abroad and developed from the academy.
Its looking good, very good indeed. In fact I'd go so far as to say this group of young players is one of the greatest I have seen in any squad, at any point in living memory. The potential they have is frightening.

Unread 19-09-2007, 08:38 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

A 15 year old playing for an under 16's team, wowsers

Unread 19-09-2007, 09:55 AM
sharath

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
A 15 year old playing for an under 16's team, wowsers

I meant under 19's. Editted now.

Unread 19-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Bette Midler

Kelly Smith is better

Unread 19-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Rhodzy

sharath, if you get downloads to the matches post them on here, I would like to see them.

Unread 19-09-2007, 12:59 PM
MUFC One Love

Both will not make it at United.

Just like the world beater Rossi.

Unread 19-09-2007, 01:12 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Both will not make it at United.

Just like the world beater Rossi.
or those other great hopefuls, like Neville, Scholes, Beckham and Best.

Unread 26-11-2007, 12:46 PM
legendary saf

Man Utd kid Brandao: Fans know I'm not Anderson

Manchester United's young Portuguese Evandro Brandao has revealed how fans used to get him mixed up with senior teammate Anderson.

Brandao joined United in the summer from Walsall and is currently playing for United's U18 team. He said: "People used to call out to me, 'Anderson, Anderson', and I had to explain to them that I wasn't him.

"But this doesn't happen anymore. Many already know who Anderson is and also who Brandao is.

"The United fans are usually well informed and know all the players from the senior and junior teams. When I go to the games at Old Trafford, the fans come up to me asking if I am Brandao and how I am playing."

Brandao admits he is close to all three of United's senior Portuguese speakers - Anderson, Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"My relationship with Anderson is best. He is the most relaxed of the three, and perhaps also because of his age, we are closer.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is like an older brother. He's always asking me how I am, giving me words of support and asking if he can help.

Unread 26-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
Our under 18's teams is one of the best teams we have had in terms of technical ability. Eikrem, brandao, galbraith, ajose, james, norwood... oooh
Didn't you say this last week about our senior squad and then change your mind after one result

Unread 02-03-2008, 09:33 AM
keano's love

could anybody catch yesterday's academy game against stoke? still haven't seen the highlights. But heard 2 classy finishes from the italian kid macheda. only 16. Choccy has already started to chuck him into reserve matches.

Unread 02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
could anybody catch yesterday's academy game against stoke? still haven't seen the highlights. But heard 2 classy finishes from the italian kid macheda. only 16. Choccy has already started to chuck him into reserve matches.
quality

Unread 02-03-2008, 10:31 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
quality
watched the goals?

Unread 02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
wiganste

I don't want to sound like a sour @#%&! here but I find it hard to get excited by our youth set up.

We'll never see another 'Class of 92' again.

How many genuinely World Class players have we brought through the youth system in the last ten years?

They always show lots of promise but ultimately
a) fail to make it on the big stage
b) get sold to lower league teams
c) become disillousioned with life at OT because we tend to make big money transfers, making it difficult for the young 'uns to make any kind of impact at the club.

Unread 02-03-2008, 10:54 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I don't want to sound like a sour @#%&! here but I find it hard to get excited by our youth set up.

How many genuinely World Class players have we brought through the youth system in the last ten years?

c) become disillousioned with life at OT because we tend to make big money transfers, making it difficult for the young 'uns to make any kind of impact at the club.
thats true. with the increasing number of good teams, clubs will go longer with no trophies. Arsenal haven't won anything for 2 seasons now.. and if it continues for another couple of seasons, arsenal board will put pressure on wenger to stop playing kids in carling cup too...

In a way, our youth set up has done better post 2002 even though no significant entries into first team.

fletcher, o shea are average/reasonable squad players. Rossi and richardson sold for a combined £12m...

evans, simpson, pique all look decent quality.

this kid macheda, welbeck and cathcart all look decent bets.

Unread 02-03-2008, 10:56 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

i'd like to disagree with you but cannot, another reason along with those you have given is that because united take on the most talented of kids regardless of size we seem to end up with a rather small side in the reserves/youths, currently the best young player for me in the youth set up up is eikrem, technically brilliant, great vision and the build of an eight year old.
Closed Thread