United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 AM
The Return of JC

Thumbs down The Guardian on Rooney

Suggesting he could be back for Everton and then, in the opening paragaph, says it's good news for Steve McClaren.

What?

It's good news for Ferguson and United. Doesn't make a bit of difference to Maclaren unless he's not fit for England's next game.

f*** England! How's it good for the club who pay his wages?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...166536,00.html

Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
MUFC One Love

But when Gerrard is injured he should 'think about his long term future at Liverpool and getting fit for them'.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
But when Gerrard is injured he should 'think about his long term future at Liverpool and getting fit for them'.
I don't see how it's 'good news for maclaren'. He was always going to be fit for England's next batch of games wasn't he?

The headline is about him returning for his club in a upcoming league game then the first paragraph talks about his international manager.

Club v Country.

No contest.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
MUFC One Love

I would comment but I'd get called a 'top red'.

f*** it, I will. I seriously have NO feeling towards Inguland and genuinely couldn't give a shit whether they qualify or not. The fans booing United players other such things and the F.A. treating us differently, especially at the height of our rivalry with Arsenal is just to much to bare.

f*** England I say.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 AM
believe

Unfortunately it's only us as united fans that think club is greater than country. thats why we have to put up listening to this type of shite week in week out.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I would comment but I'd get called a 'top red'.

f*** it, I will. I seriously have NO feeling towards Inguland and genuinely couldn't give a shit whether they qualify or not. The fans booing United players other such things and the F.A. treating us differently, especially at the height of our rivalry with Arsenal is just to much to bare.

f*** England I say.
It's just the way the article is spun to suit whatever's happening at the time - even if it actually has nothing to do with it, which this doesn't.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Club v Country.

No contest.

For us perhaps but if you ask pretty much our whole first team bar Giggs,Scholes and Neville then they will tell you differently no question of that.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
For us perhaps but if you ask pretty much our whole first team bar Giggs,Scholes and Neville then they will tell you differently no question of that.
I'm not so sure about that.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'm not so sure about that.
Iam pretty certain,Ronaldo for one would pick his country over Club without a second thought.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Tincanstretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Unfortunately it's only us as united fans that think club is greater than country. thats why we have to put up listening to this type of shite week in week out.
The dippers have always thought the same as us in that way as well. Slightly more reasons in recent years for our lack of interest in England mind..
Closed Thread