View Poll Results: The trophy
FA cup 40 49.38%
Europa 41 50.62%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Football One piece of silverware....

As of today, right now.....we can win one trophy...

Irrelevant of League position or cup run in, what would you choose...?

Unread 27-10-2022, 09:57 AM
dunk

FA Cup for status, European League to guarantee the CL next season…

Europa, purely for CL clout.

Unread 27-10-2022, 09:57 AM
Finport Red

FA cup. Proper trophy and first I ever watched United win in 77.

Always get annoyed on cup final day that we don’t bother much about it these days. Too busy trying to be 4th in the league.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:02 AM
ryanMUFC

FA for me Geoff.

As good of a competition the Europa may shape up to be.. it’s not one of the trophies you particularly hope to win.

The history of the FA cup, a day out at Wembley and a community shield against city. Also with the belief that we should walk before we can run in terms of obsessing over the Champions league. If we don’t qualify then so be it.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:04 AM
atticusgrinch

Europa. It's the UEFA Cup.

The domestic cups are pretty meaningless these days unfortunately.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Pop

FA Cup means nothing any more and hasn't done for a long time.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:08 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
FA cup. Proper trophy and first I ever watched United win in 77.

Always get annoyed on cup final day that we don’t bother much about it these days. Too busy trying to be 4th in the league.
Same here.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:08 AM
shenwen

This year - EL. Awful competition but CL place. Every year I hope we play the kids and every year we go 100%.

FA cup has history, or at least used to. Not too arsed.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:12 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

FA Cup and pull a top four, utd would then be looked on as genuine contenders next season which would be great again. All the rest fearing to come to OT.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
FA Cup means nothing any more and hasn't done for a long time.
mair's the pity.

most league titles and most fa cups, please.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Patty_b

Had a 180 over the past couple of days.

Although I've previously said I'd prefer the Europa over the FA Cup, at the beginning of the week I would've happily £#%&!ed off the Europa and taken the FA cup, just so we don't have to worry about the extra games while going for 4th.

But with some of the teams that have been knocked out the Champions League, a decent run to a final and cup win against Barca, Athletico or Juve would be class. Would take that over an FA cup win I think.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Drexl

Selfish reasons for me

I don't watch much footie these days, only us and international comps, so a tasty jaunt through europe's second string > playing the same old faces imo

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:42 AM
windy waffles

No option for the Premier League?

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:42 AM
armchair

Europa purely because you win a cl place.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Emotionally: THE cup… but until the £#%&!wits that run the game in this country make it meaningful and reward the winners with 4th CL place instead of 4th PL place plodders, it will remain a sad shadow of its former self. #@&%!s should’ve at least have retained the towers. Unbelievable, how bad these morons are at running the domestic game, which, despite their absolute lack of knowledge or expertise, manages to strengthen, due to the endurance of the clubs and support of the fans.. and that’s before we get anywhere near the incompetent/bent refs and ever changing rules interpretations.

Head: Europa. Neither the uefa or cwc were maligned as second rate despite genuine runners-up and cup winners competing, yet a 4th/5th placed Chelsea or Liverpool can scrape a “champions of Europe” win by cruising the season with the sole aim of winning Europes rigged 2 leg version of the FA Cup. All brought about by the incentive of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No option for the Premier League?
Not at this juncture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Europa purely because you win a cl place.
League position irrelevant as of today....

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Coracao

The FA Cup is an absolute joke these days.

SentimentalityReds who are voting for it over a European trophy.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:53 AM
Stickman

Depends who you play in the final.

I’d take beating Liverpool, Arsenal, City or Chelsea at Wembley over winning the Europa.

I’ll never respect the Europa. Come at me.

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Joe Biden

Europa for me even without the CL spot.

Can't think of an FA cup win that come close to the buzz of beating barca in the CWC

Unread 27-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Both are weaker versions of their previous selves imo....

Take the europa though because it means a trip to Budapest
Closed Thread