United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:11 AM
redhegemony

Default Rock Bottom

Are we there yet?

Off field - shambolic on Friday. Stadium looking delapidated seemingly no idea on long term manager or structure.

On field - completely disjointed. Bickering and leaking. Ten minutes ago we had 5 strikers now 2 both misfiring. Midfield threadbare and the defence unreliable. Can't even beat a second rate Championship side. Haven't scored from a corner since the old King died.

On the plus side not buying players means we aren't making things worse.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:13 AM
Sapien

Nope.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:17 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Surely leaking is off field? Unless it was a half Lineker?

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:18 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Are we there yet?

Off field - shambolic on Friday. Stadium looking delapidated seemingly no idea on long term manager or structure.

On field - completely disjointed. Bickering and leaking. Ten minutes ago we had 5 strikers now 2 both misfiring. Midfield threadbare and the defence unreliable. Can't even beat a second rate Championship side. Haven't scored from a corner since the old King died.

On the plus side not buying players means we aren't making things worse.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:24 AM
RedNick80

Definitely coud get worse.

TBF I like Rangnick though, I think he'll mantain some order, though for all the reasons above him we aren't going to be winning leagues any time soon.

I'm taking my lad on Saturday who is 9. I was 13 when we first won the league - I suspect he'll be older when he gets to see it.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Certainly the crappest period I can ever remember following the club. Not helped by our two biggest rivals being at the top of their game and between them, will win all the major comps again this year.

Some of it is age with me but I actually despise so many aspects of our club now that it makes no sense to go anymore. I can’t stand most of the players, I despise the owners, matches are largely unenjoyable in the main so Wtaf I’m I doing still being involved? Still like going with mates/sons I guess and the OT crowd is still alright ish.

Very grim times indeed.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Pop

When we start posting poetry, going for long walks after games and live stream videos outside a maternity ward of Ronaldo's missus giving birth we've hit it.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:31 AM
Mr_Ed

Think we’ve a way to go yet.

Don’t honestly believe we’ve got a title in us for the next 15 or so years whilst the Glazers run the club.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Weekend Hussler

Can't be much further down to go can there?

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:38 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Surely leaking is off field? Unless it was a half Lineker?
Like a rusty bucket

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Can't be much further down to go can there?

3 divisions?

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:39 AM
Jethro

Not quite yet but the foot is in the door. I've never know such a fragmented bunch of characters in all my life. Even the manager needs a mouthpiece now.

The tills going down on Friday is just hilarious. Amazed it didn't kick off.

Start tearing the seats out. £#%&! it

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM
tatty

I can live with us being shit, football runs in cycles and it’s our turn to play catch-up as we did in the 80’s when I was a kid.

The difference for me is that I dislike my own club, and actively detest many of the players.

That was never the case when we were shit last time; I loved Robson, Whiteside, McGrath etc…nobody could question their commitment (even after a skinful).

We’re just horrible at the moment, not just the football but the club.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:54 AM
My Name is Heath

Some more crime to come out I bet.

United covering up Mason.

Until we get the fundamentals right, we are treading water at best.

Unread 07-02-2022, 11:57 AM
Zorg

We'll be wibbling about corruption within a year.

Unread 07-02-2022, 12:03 PM
jem

as bad as it has been.

nowhere near as bad as it can get.

and nowhere near as bad as it needs to get.

Unread 07-02-2022, 12:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Don’t think we are at rock bottom. That would be relegation to etc

But the feeling right now for myself is I have no hope for it to change. The cycle started with moyes and has been repeated with lvg , Jose, ole

Different managers with different styles all were not properly backed. Board more interested in top 4 and sponsors than to do well.

I like rangnick, I really think he is a top manager who knows his stuff and I wish him well. But just take a look at the Window. We desperately needed players and Under the guise of” he’s an interim” we didn’t sign anyone.

It doesn’t take much to say a 6 million pound CM signing ( even if flopped) was worth a Risk in the likes of zakaria.

If he’s good enough for juve I’m sure at the very least he will be good enough for us. We have matic and pogba leaving in the summer it leaves is with mcfred. Even if this guy was 3rd choice mid when the new manager arrives it would be worth it.

Ralf needs to leave and join a proper football club. Meanwhile we will piss about doing bare minimum just making top 4 and if we are lucky win the odd carabao or fa cup.

As a football club at the very top trying to win leagues and champions league we are finished . I have zero expectations of them

I don’t know where I heard it recently but this club needs to be broken down to be built up again. Won’t be happening anytime soon as the rats earn their dividends

Unread 07-02-2022, 12:09 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
We'll be wibbling about corruption within a year.

"I give up. 4-1 ffs. Why do we even bother anymore? All their goals were miles offside and I clearly saw the ref coming out of the Brighton dressing room at half time with a brown envelope. Utd have to issue a statement on Premier League corruption and we should be looking into suing the FA, UEFA and Fifa. We're Manchester United ffs and I'm sorry Mr Potter but the Red Army is coming over the hill and there is nothing you can do about it!

(Etc).

Unread 07-02-2022, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

It's easy to see how the scousers went mental after 20 odd years of this shit isn't it.

Unread 07-02-2022, 12:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t think we are at rock bottom. That would be relegation to etc
actually, I have changed my mind. we are at rock bottom.

relegation might be step towards getting rid of the glazers and rebuilding with owners who want success. right now, we are priced out of the market, simply mediocre and with no hope of change, because they can still take their pound of flesh. the eternal limbo of mediocrity is worse than relegation.
Closed Thread