United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Terry Silver

Default Deluded Scousers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...5/sfnhan25.xml

"On that plane coming back from Athens, Liverpool had two outstanding players - Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher."

So long as Liverpool actually believe that Jamie Carragher is outstanding, they will never win the league. Long may it continue.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Rhodzy

Both were shite

Boris for PM

Old 25-05-2007, 01:20 PM
believe

i think you are the deluded one here sorry. fair f***s to the lad, he can read the game well and he gives his all whenever i have seen him. he's just unlucky that at the minute england have 2 very exceptional defenders in terry and rio.

f*** me i can't believe i typed that without smashing my own skull in.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i think you are the deluded one here sorry. fair f***s to the lad, he can read the game well and he gives his all whenever i have seen him. he's just unlucky that at the minute england have 2 very exceptional defenders in terry and rio.

f*** me i can't believe i typed that without smashing my own skull in.
That's exactly what he can't do.

His speciality it last ditch tackles. These tend to be called for due to his lack of "reading the game".

Oh, and he was at fault for both goals on Wednesday, just as he was at fault for both our goals at OT in October.

As I said, long may it continue.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:23 PM
24hr Leavesey

Carragher is a good player within Liverpool's system. He's never impressed on England duty and I'd hazard a guess that he could only produce the displays he does for the club he loves. If he was transferred I doubt he'd show the same grit.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Terry Silver

Grit alone is seldom enough to be outstanding.

Look how he follows the ball, leaving a nice gap for Scholes to run into...

[YOUTUBE]oE7kIvAOlAI[/YOUTUBE]

Great clearance/assist..

[YOUTUBE]T1WUPoAB1IQ[/YOUTUBE]

Another great clearance...

[YOUTUBE]QNfssrVrwz0[/YOUTUBE]

Shockingly bad defending, not to mention lazy...

[YOUTUBE]5iLkAuVxxFE[/YOUTUBE]

I also recall him having a mare away to Everton and Arsenal, but cant be arsed to find the clips.

Another Scouse myth, but one I am happy to let them believe.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Rhodzy

I can't help but laugh when people say hes better than Ferdinand

He can't even last 90 minutes, he gets cramp after 60 minutes

Old 25-05-2007, 01:45 PM
UnitedRoad

Default taking my red tinted spectacles off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I can't help but laugh when people say hes better than Ferdinand

He can't even last 90 minutes, he gets cramp after 60 minutes
He's a good centre half. One of the most improved players in british football to be fair and one of the main reasons that they have such a tight defence. Which they do.

I don't think Ferdinand gets the credit he deserves because he's not as all action as Vidic or indeed Carragher/Terry, he tends to make it look easy and people think (maybe because of his wide boy bentley persona) thay he's lazy. All defenders are prone to lapses of concentration and mistakes, like goalkeepers, when they make one, it's higher profile than say, the 5 missed chances that a Van Nistelrooy has as compared to the one he takes..Rio's consistency this season has been one of the many factors that have led to us winning the title which seemed so far away last summer.

Lets be fair to the disgusting vermin, Carragher is a good player, Gerrard an excellent player, Alonso is decent, Mascherano is brilliant, Kuyt is a good, honest, hard working but only just above average centre forward and erm...thats about it. The rest of them are dogshit.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Rhodzy

Alonsos a much better midfielder than Gerrard, he actually knows how to play centre midfield.
Mascheranos a good player, Kuyts a slighty better version than Smith, Aurelio will be great for them.

Old 25-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Terry Silver

My red-tinted specs are well and truly off for this.

I am willing to give players like Gerrard credit, and I honestly believe him to be wasted in a system as negative as Liverpool's. It means there is not opportunity for him to play in his strongest position, as he is required to sacrifice himself for "the team".

Since Mascherano has moved to Liverpool he has shown what all the fuss was about when he initially came to England. No surprise he couldn't show his true-self at West Am. (And he's a million miles better than that other overrated twat, Sissoko).

As for Carragher, Scousers love him for his "heart" and "grit" and "cos he's a local boy", and "he's one of us"..."look at that last ditch tackle, tha woz boss"...

And I love it because, for all his grit and determination, positionally he is found wanting and he is technically, one of the worst players at Liverpool.
Closed Thread