United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Sloppy

Default Alex Ferguson set to rest several key players against Chelsea.

MANCHESTER, England, May 8 (Reuters) - Manchester United's clash with Chelsea on Wednesday will be no dress rehearsal for the FA Cup final, with United manager Alex Ferguson set to rest several key players after their title success.

The fact that United wrested the Premier League crown from Chelsea last weekend means there is nothing riding on the game at Stamford Bridge, which comes 10 days before the two sides meet again in the cup at Wembley Stadium.

As he prepared for Wednesday's fixture, Ferguson told reporters: "I'm glad we are going there as champions. It would have been some game if we weren't.

"The fact that we have won it means there is no need to be demanding of our players. We can now prepare for the final.

"I will just spread my squad the best I can. Obviously the ones who need a rest will get a rest... There will be a lot of changes simply because the players are tired."

"The ones who played on Saturday were running on empty. They gave their last drop."

Ferguson will take the chance to give some players, possibly the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, a breather against Chelsea as he is committed to selecting a strong side for United's final league game.

United face West Ham at Old Trafford on Sunday in a match that will have a bearing on who is relegated, with West Ham hoping to survive and send down either Sheffield United or Wigan - who play each other - with Watford and Charlton Athletic.

"The West Ham game is a very important issue. Obviously we have to respect our reputation," Ferguson said.

"Alan Curbishley (West Ham's manager) is a good friend of mine but he understands we have to respect the wishes of other managers.

"They deserve our best attention to the game and I will be picking a team to win on Sunday."

http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co....inst%20Chelsea

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
El Calafate

we should take the piss and play the reserves. if i was fergie, i wouldn't even turn up. nft.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
if i was fergie, i wouldn't even turn up. nft.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
puressence

put rooney in net

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
put rooney in net
He was good in that advert.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
if i was fergie, i wouldn't even turn up. nft.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
we should take the piss and play the reserves. if i was fergie, i wouldn't even turn up. nft.
Guard of Honour Eagles, Richardson etc.

The Return of JC

I think that's the best thing to do.

Can't imagine there'll be too many out because we don't have that big a squad.

If we lose with a shit side then it's no indicator for the final. If we lose with a full strength side then it might give them a psychological boost.

Put a full side out against West Ham, protect the home record and send everyone out on a high before the final.

Wise move me thinks.

Tiberian

Can Simpson and Evans be involved? I would assume they are now back with Utd?

If so

Kuszack

Evans
Brown
Vidic
Evra

Eagles
Fletcher
O'Shea
Richardson

Smith
Ole

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Good point.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Guard of Honour Eagles, Richardson etc.
I was thinking that too.

The guard of honour will be for a load of people not in the squad.

Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney et al should get together at someone's house, watch it and say 'that's for us!' when they do it!

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

If so

Kuszack

Evans
Brown
Vidic
Evra

Eagles
Fletcher
O'Shea
Richardson

Smith
Ole
I know it's getting a bit like asking 'where's Wally?' but where was Saha on Saturday?

Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney et al should get together at someone's house, watch it and say 'that's for us!' when they do it!
They should walk through it in street clothes.

violater

Quote:

sky must hate the fact their big fixture is a non event.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I know it's getting a bit like asking 'where's Wally?' but where was Saha on Saturday?
he told fergie he wasnt 100% fit.

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:35 PM
puressence

they should let us lot play

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

get O'Shea in net he was MOM against Spurs

nice one rest players and then send the lads out to send those @#%&!s down on Sunday

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
MJ Ramone

We should start with Dong...just so 'Lamps' & 'JT' have to clap our Dong in the guard of honour...

I would like us to go there & turn them over though, let's be honest...I don't want to see a team of 'Carling Cup' proportions take a hiding.
I'm sure Giggsy & Scholesy will get the night off, but Ronnie & Wayne should be desperate to play.

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

if we lose 6-0 mate it won't make a difference

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:07 PM
MUFC One Love

I can't wait, imagine it when they score? What will they do, will they be embarrassed? Will they run off celebrating in a big way? I think they will, with Tyler screaming "They're sending out a statement for next year!!!" "LAMPARRODYHDGDGDDFFDDGFDFDD" as he scores a 25 yard deflected shot.
Closed Thread