United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 08-03-2018, 04:02 PM
rubbernecker

Default Did the world change last week ?

Read this piece that deals with the possible ramifications of Putin's speech and been mulling it over for a couple of days.Since then I've searched around and there is very little serious discussion on the interweb to be found anywhere.I don't agree with everything contained within it but thought provoking stuff nonetheless as usual by the author

Does it signpost the end of the american empire ? Who knows ?

http://cluborlov.blogspot.co.uk/2018...er-planet.html

Extract

Quote:
“I hope that the US doesn’t plan to attack anyone either, because, given its recent history, this won’t work. Threatening the whole planet and forcing it to use the US dollar in international trade (and destroying countries, such as Iraq and Libya, when they refuse); running huge trade deficits with virtually the entire world and forcing reserve banks around the world to buy up US government debt; leveraging that debt to run up colossal budget deficits (now around a trillion dollars a year); and robbing the entire planet by printing money and spending it on various corrupt schemes—that, my friends, has been America’s business plan since around the 1970s. And it is unraveling before our eyes.

I have the audacity to hope that the dismantling of the American Empire will proceed as copacetically as the dismantling of the Soviet Empire did. (This is not to say that it won’t be humiliating or impoverishing, or that it won’t be accompanied by a huge increase in morbidity and mortality.) One of my greatest fears over the past decade was that Russia wouldn’t take the US and NATO seriously enough and just try to wait them out. After all, what is there to really to fear from a nation that has over a 100 trillion dollars in unfunded entitlements, that’s full of opioid addicts, with 100 million working-age people permanently out of work, with decrepit infrastructure and poisoned national politics? And as far as NATO, there is, of course, Germany, which is busy rewriting “Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles” to be gender-neutral. What are they supposed to do next? March on Moscow under a rainbow banner and hope that the Russians die laughing? Oh, and there’s also NATO’s largest Eurasian asset, Turkey, which is currently busy slaughtering America’s Kurdish assets in Northern Syria.

But simply waiting them out would have been a gamble, because in its death throes the American Empire could have lashed out in unpredictable ways. I am glad that Russia chose not to gamble with its national security. Now that the US has been safely checkmated using the new Russian weapons systems, I feel that the world is in a much better place. If you like peace, then it seems like your best option is to also like nukes—the best ones possible, ones against which no deterrent exists, and wielded by peaceful, law-abiding nations that have no evil designs on the rest of the planet.”

Old 08-03-2018, 05:01 PM
irk

well, it was a bit colder. the russians got the blame for that.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Fat Al

Didn’t he also say that this new cruise type missile they have developed is undetectable by any known system & will remain so by any system in the future.

Bit of a bold statement there

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Old 08-03-2018, 09:12 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Didn’t he also say that this new cruise type missile they have developed is undetectable by any known system & will remain so by any system in the future.

Bit of a bold statement there

*cough* Bullshit *cough*
If you mean by the writer then I don't think he ever said anything of the kind

Quote:
And it carries multiple maneuverable hypersonic nuclear-armed reentry vehicles which no existing or planned missile defense system can intercept.
Detection and ability to intercept are two totally different things

It doesn't say ever in the future it says existing and planned system

Which is totally at odds with your statement

If you mean Putin I'd be interested to see that quote

Old 08-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
If you mean by the writer then I don't think he ever said anything of the kind

Detection and ability to intercept are two totally different things

It doesn't say ever in the future it says existing and planned system

Which is totally at odds with your statement

If you mean Putin I'd be interested to see that quote
Who did you think I meant? Of course I meant Big vlad.

I'll see if I can find the article. I couldn't remember exactly what he said, which is why I asked the question.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Who did you think I meant? Of course I meant Big vlad.

I'll see if I can find the article. I couldn't remember exactly what he said, which is why I asked the question.
Cheers I'd appreciate that

Old 08-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Cheers I'd appreciate that
"One system Mr Putin described included a "low-flying, difficult-to-spot cruise missile... with a practically unlimited range and an unpredictable flight path, which can bypass lines of interception and is invincible in the face of all existing and future systems of both missile defence and air defence"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

Old 08-03-2018, 09:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Did the world change last week?
no. soz.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
"One system Mr Putin described included a "low-flying, difficult-to-spot cruise missile... with a practically unlimited range and an unpredictable flight path, which can bypass lines of interception and is invincible in the face of all existing and future systems of both missile defence and air defence"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43239331

BBC Al. British Bullshitting Cunts...

They've gone very quickly from a reliable and trustworthy information source to a load of made up clickbait shit. I'd trust RT more to be honest

Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I'd trust RT more to be honest
I believe this.