United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 05-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Fat Al

Default Ryanair

Practically giving away their tickets now.

I was planning on going out to see my Dad in January.
When i first checked the prices, they were 12.99 each way (East Mids to Limoges).
Then went down to 9.99
They're now at 5.00 each way.
Dunno whether to buy now or hold out til they get to 2.50 or lower.

Well worth it - even if they go bust & I don't get my money back, I've only lost a tenner.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:38 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of utter 24 carat c***s.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:48 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of utter 24 carat c***s.
Bit harsh on Fat Al and his dad.......

Old 05-10-2017, 11:42 PM
armchair

wouldn't fly ryan air if you paid me.

was on a flight one time the passengers nearly ended up fighting the staff. kept us on the tarmac for an hour. no toilets allowed

Old 06-10-2017, 05:57 AM
FraUtd

Not listened to it, but few in work were talking about the interview some former Ryanair pilot gave.
Said their practises were insane, the hours and expectations were legally dodgy.
Particularly when the majority of their pilots are new and inexperienced, as they use Ryanair to build up the required flight hours that proper airlines expect?

Meant to have a proper listen to the interview, forgot all about it.
Wouldn't encourage me to book one of their flights regardless of price.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:19 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd View Post
Not listened to it, but few in work were talking about the interview some former Ryanair pilot gave.
Said their practises were insane, the hours and expectations were legally dodgy.
Particularly when the majority of their pilots are new and inexperienced, as they use Ryanair to build up the required flight hours that proper airlines expect?

So? What's Fat Al got to lose? Tenner or his life? Worth the risk I reckon

Old 06-10-2017, 06:29 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd View Post

The LBC one?

Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So? What's Fat Al got to lose? Tenner or his life? Worth the risk I reckon
Flown Ryanair from either Liverpool or East Mids to Limoges (& back again) 12 times in the past 4 years.
Never had a delayed flight. Never seen any aggro on the plane. Never had a scary moment. The worst experience were a couple of hard landings (but one of those was in rain).
You get what you pay for - it's a bus with wings. They try & flog you over-priced shite & there's no legroom.
The flight takes about 75 mins. So soon as we're airborne, headphones in & a short nap & we're there.
Works for me.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:51 AM
King Eric

Flew with Ryanair in September to Dublin who were excellent as usual, only took 35 minutes to fly back. Flying to Malaga with them tomorrow not having paid a lot for the flights again, it's staggering how cheap they are.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Mr_Ed

Was delayed for hours by them to Malaga last month. Got 700 compo back... the bastards.