United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 28-09-2017, 08:21 AM
sub three hours

Default Am I anti semitic ?

Serious Question.

Does opposing the illegal occupation and actions of Israel make me antisemitic? 😔

Old 28-09-2017, 08:23 AM
forwardirektion

Yes. The argument has been realigned so that any criticism of the nation state of Israel makes you anti-semetic now

Old 28-09-2017, 08:33 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion View Post
Yes. The argument has been realigned so that any criticism of the nation state of Israel makes you anti-semetic now
Presumably this anti-Semitism that is supposedly rife within the Labour Party is based on people criticising Israel too is it?

Israel's behaviour and actions over the years have actually turned me pro Palestinian so I guess this definitely makes me anti-semetic does it?

I guess the next question is, what are the implications of my opinions?

Old 28-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

no.

I never understood genuine anti-semitism though. Never ever heard any real anti-antisemitism irl, but if you look through youtube comments you would think it is rife (in america).

Old 28-09-2017, 08:45 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
no.

I never understood genuine anti-semitism though. Never ever heard any real anti-antisemitism irl, but if you look through youtube comments you would think it is rife (in america).
I definitely do not hate Jewish people, I do hate the nation state of Israel. Does that make me antisemitic?

Old 28-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Crumps

Love Jews hate Zionism

Old 28-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours View Post
I definitely do not hate Jewish people, I do hate the nation state of Israel. Does that make me antisemitic?
no, course not.

Old 28-09-2017, 08:56 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex View Post
no, course not.
Yet if my views are typical to those being expressed at the Labour party conference and if the Labour party is supposedly rife with antisemitism then either I'm antisemitic too or the Labour Party isn't rife with antisemitism at all.

Old 28-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Harri Jaffa

Hating the actions of a state does not mean you hate a religion. If you dislike the actions of Britain in terms of foreign policy it doesn't mean you hate British people

Old 28-09-2017, 09:11 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

The Palestinians are Semites, so if there is a genuinely anti-Semitic state, it's Israel. Ironic that a number of the Labour activists being hounded by the Israeli lobby for so called anti-Semitism are Jewish

Israel, twisting everything since 1948.