United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 05-09-2017, 03:19 PM
signed dc

Default Car experts of the forum - help required

I need to get a new 2nd hand motor.
Don't want to spend more than 5k. Currently cruising around in a Vauxhall zafira 7 seater 😎 She's served me well, but time is catching up with her.
Wouldn't mind another 7 seater but would I get a better value motor by downsizing to a standard 5 seat set up? Looking more for a family car, rather than Some kind of flash sporty fanny-magnet type thing.
Any recommendations, any bad makes I should steer clear of?
Thanks in advance for any genuine help.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Child of Darkness

Private lease - offer very good Vfm.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:25 PM
no fun

Whatever you do, don't involve mrs dc in any conversations/decisions

Old 05-09-2017, 03:27 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc View Post
I need to get a new 2nd hand motor.
Don't want to spend more than 5k. Currently cruising around in a Vauxhall zafira 7 seater 😎 She's served me well, but time is catching up with her.
Wouldn't mind another 7 seater but would I get a better value motor by downsizing to a standard 5 seat set up? Looking more for a family car, rather than Some kind of flash sporty fanny-magnet type thing.
Any recommendations, any bad makes I should steer clear of?
Thanks in advance for any genuine help.
You can buy absolutely anything.

It will be better than your current ride

Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
You can buy absolutely anything.

It will be better than your current ride
Hey up, Clarkson's in.
How so? What's up with them?

Old 05-09-2017, 03:35 PM
dodger

How many people are you generally carting around? Work on the seats issue from that answer.
How much mileage do you do? If over 15k per year consider a diesel. if not, don't bother. Lots of good , small, decent performing but economical petrol engines around.
FYI Ford 2.0 diesel is very reliable and Peugot/citreon use the same engine. Ford/peugot/citreon 1.6 diesel is shite, avoid.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:41 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
How many people are you generally carting around? Work on the seats issue from that answer.
How much mileage do you do? If over 15k per year consider a diesel. if not, don't bother. Lots of good , small, decent performing but economical petrol engines around.
FYI Ford 2.0 diesel is very reliable and Peugot/citreon use the same engine. Ford/peugot/citreon 1.6 diesel is shite, avoid.
Maximum load of 5 passengers, mileage approx 6-7000 p/a

Old 05-09-2017, 03:43 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Maximum load of 5 passengers, mileage approx 6-7000 p/a
No need for a 7 seater pal plus they are as ugly as bellers after a few beers

I've got a good contact at Merc who could have a look at their trade in database if you want, pm if you need any help

Old 05-09-2017, 03:47 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Hey up, Clarkson's in.
How so? What's up with them?
I drove a brand new one a few years back as a hire car and found it to be the least interesting car I had ever driven.

When I needed an estate car to drive the family around in I got a Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia x, no need to have a dull car.

Of course, if you just want one to get from A to B and don't really enjoy the experience of driving there's no need to have an exciting one either, that's why god invented Vauxhalls

On a serious note, I'd be wary of buying a diesel right now, no matter what mileage you do. The tide of public, and political, opinion is turning against diesel engined family cars so you might end up getting financially shafted in the near future.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:06 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
I drove a brand new one a few years back as a hire car and found it to be the least interesting car I had ever driven.

When I needed an estate car to drive the family around in I got a Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia x, no need to have a dull car.

Of course, if you just want one to get from A to B and don't really enjoy the experience of driving there's no need to have an exciting one either, that's why god invented Vauxhalls

On a serious note, I'd be wary of buying a diesel right now, no matter what mileage you do. The tide of public, and political, opinion is turning against diesel engined family cars so you might end up getting financially shafted in the near future.
Enjoy driving? with my family in the back?!
What about Golfs/Polos? Any good anyone?