United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 AM
dunk

Thumbs up Pes2018

Demo's out.

Like it, they've taken last years game and improved it immensely based on this demo.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Whip Hubley

will check it out because i'm sick to f***ing death of the rubber band AI that fifa has had for years.

Forza PES

Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM
dunk

f***ed FIFA off last year, played PES2017, which has plenty of flaws, but is miles more fun. They seem to have sorted a few bits out on the new one; passing isn't so automatically pinpoint, reaction time on the button Press seems better; you can't just slam into players without fouling them all over the place; better player animations; you don't need to know the enigma code to dribble past a defender.. things like that.

Still hate the nets, scoring from crosses is too easy, keepers rooted to their line and now the referee blends in and gets in the way. But its only the demo. It's still fun to play..

Old 03-09-2017, 03:44 PM
TheFatGoth

Played the demo the other day - differences from last year are absolutely minimal imo. That being said, it's still the best football game on the market.

Shame that FIFA is now so ingrained in football culture that PES barely gets a mention.

Won't happen of course, but FIFA and PES really need to go to bi-yearly releases with patch updates/DLC in between now.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Poop

Reviews saying its the best version for years and wipes the floor with the best FIFA has to offer

Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 PM
ziggyman17

it will live or die by the online play........

Old 11-09-2017, 06:09 PM
20 times

I've got a PS3, which I haven't used for months. Are new games still playable on the PS3 or will the slow pace of the game be a reminder of the LVG years?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Reviews saying its the best version for years and wipes the floor with the best FIFA has to offer
Last years slapped FIFA about like an unwanted stepchild from a gameplay pov.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:17 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Heard that for the last 5 years, the truth is it's as shit as it's ever.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:24 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
Heard that for the last 5 years, the truth is it's as shit as it's ever.
I was thinking the exact same.

As said above, it will all come down to how well their online servers are.

I dont buy FIFA anymore because if you wanna play online as United, you're only matched v teams that are Real/Barca/PSG/Chelsea.

That is not because everybody chooses them ( most do ) but because it is impossible to play v any other teams, as the game now segregates you.

Becomes boring as f*** and Ultimate team is impossible to play unless you put real money into it ( due to contracts etc )

CHOOSE A LOWER TEAM i hear you scream...if you do that, then you're just matched against the same 3-4 level teams, i.e choose spurs and you'll only ever be allowed to face LFC, Milan, Dortmund.