United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 02-11-2016, 03:59 PM
hopkins

Question raspberry pi

anyone got one of these, and what cool things you done with it?

thinking of picking one up to use as an arcade/console emulator but could also stick kodi on it, as i currently chromecast from the pc (kodi always seems too unreliable on the tablet/stick)

Old 02-11-2016, 04:04 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
anyone got one of these, and what cool things you done with it?

thinking of picking one up to use as an arcade/console emulator but could also stick kodi on it, as i currently chromecast from the pc (kodi always seems too unreliable on the tablet/stick)
Look into hyperspin for emulators, they basically have every console available. Can't do it on my macbook unfortunately but looks brilliant
Sportsmania on Kodi is a must as well, cancel all your sports if you haven't already

Old 02-11-2016, 04:10 PM
hopkins

My mate built his own proper arcade cabinet with a PC inside it running MAME emulator. It's f***ing awesome doing 2 player Golden Axe or Final Fight. I'm obviously going for the budget version

Old 02-11-2016, 04:11 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
My mate built his own proper arcade cabinet with a PC inside it running MAME emulator. It's f***ing awesome doing 2 player Golden Axe or Final Fight. I'm obviously going for the budget version
Few decent groups on facebook to have a look at if you are on there

Some quality cabinets etc been done, wish I had the time, diy skills and cash to do one myself

Old 02-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Lok

Install Retropie on it.

It's an all in one emulator with a very nice front end. Chuck your ROMS in the right folders (even easier if you do it via USB) and set the scraper to get all of the meatadata.

It even has a quick button configurator for all of the systems that takes about 10 seconds to configure.

I'd highly recommend it.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

i've got a few, they're only really cheap. i haven't done much with them yet, but i've got one running kodi, one running retropie and the other running raspbian, which is the operating system.

they're great for young kids to learn to code on, and also they make decent little computers for them. i bought a couple of old lcd monitors off ebay for about 15 each, and got a wireless keyboard and mouse each, and they have a computer that they can do school work on, play games and go on the internet for about 60 all in.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 PM
FraUtd

Got one of the earlier ones running Kodi on LibreElec plugged into the bedroom TV. Have it and the main Kodi box downstairs connected to the same DB, means I can maintain watchlists between them, stop/pause a video downstairs and pick up in the same place upstairs
All much geekier than I meant it to be

Inherited another that I've been meaning to stick RetroPie on, not got round to it yet

Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
A raspberry Pi and this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ooL&ref=plSrch

Job done

Old 02-11-2016, 10:26 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
and 2 Beano annuals to stick that joystick to

Old 02-11-2016, 11:54 PM
92ToBury

Quote: