United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 10:36 AM
muotmc

Default Fergie's clenched fist, 'Persevere' gesture...

...shown on camera by SKY, just after Ferdinand had indicated he was struggling with a recurrence of his groin injury, was so fucking annoying.
Why he didn't immeadiately take action and make a substitution, which, with hindsight, would have broke up play and probably (according to the Butterfly effect) prevented the move that led to Middlesbrough equaliser.

In my opinion that was bad management all round. Action should have been taken instantly.

Old 23-04-2007, 10:39 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by muotmc
...shown on camera by SKY, just after Ferdinand had indicated he was struggling with a recurrence of his groin injury, was so fucking annoying.
Why he didn't immeadiately take action and make a substitution, which, with hindsight, would have broke up play and probably (according to the Butterfly effect) prevented the move that led to Middlesbrough equaliser.

In my opinion that was bad management all round. Action should have been taken instantly.
Butterfly Effect

If it was an injury he could run off then I'd understand it, but you can't run off a groin strain and considering it was a recurrence of his injury then he should've been taken off and was probably rushed back in the first place.

These injuries may wreck our season

Old 23-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Argentina

You always wait until half time to make the change

Old 23-04-2007, 10:46 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
You always wait until half time to make the change
Not if a player can't continue and he clearly couldn't.

He didn't even want to. The shake of the head said it all. As soon as he crashed into the hoardings he should've been taken off or at least gone down to stop the game and receive treatment.

I can only imagine playing that extra couple of minutes made it worse too.

It could prove to a very costly decision.

Old 23-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Not if a player can't continue and he clearly couldn't.

He didn't even want to. The shake of the head said it all. As soon as he crashed into the hoardings he should've been taken off or at least gone down to stop the game and receive treatment.

I can only imagine playing that extra couple of minutes made it worse too.

It could prove to a very costly decision.
The management dont know that. As you said he should have gone down.

Old 23-04-2007, 10:49 AM
denis lawless

Rio should have either

a. moved himself out of the way onto the wing and called for cover

or

b. crumpled to the ground and demanded assistance

only he knew how bad the injury was and as captain, is the boss on the pitch and should have dealt with the situation.

Old 23-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Rio should have either

a. moved himself out of the way onto the wing and called for cover

or

b. crumpled to the ground and demanded assistance

only he knew how bad the injury was and as captain, is the boss on the pitch and should have dealt with the situation.
Agreed

Old 23-04-2007, 10:53 AM
muotmc

I do not think that Ferdinand was at fault for the goal. That accolade goes directly to Incapability Brown.

My point is that had action been taken to remove Ferdinand from the pitch, either by management or Ferdinand himself going to ground, the move which led to their equaliser would probably not have come about.

Old 23-04-2007, 10:56 AM
puressence

ferie out

Old 23-04-2007, 11:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ferie out

in the situation fergie had to make a guess: wait two minutes for half time, avoiding the risk of reorganising the defence with just a minute or two to go, or take rio off, avoiding the risk of him being caught out. he guessed wrong, but changing rio could just as easily have led to a goal. i don't see how you can blame fergie, other than for being unlucky, tbh.

as was said, wes was at fault for letting viduka get in front of him.
Closed Thread