United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Sparky***

Default So are we expecting our typical 2015 away performance again Sunday?

Swansea and then PSV, like carbon copies. We have all the possession, miss a couple of decent chances, then finally score - only for the other team get it together for about 10 mins then we completely implode and concede 2 goals. Then we spend the last half and hour doing absolutely nothing before the game ends.

For all the people saying that PSV game was "one of those days" is utter rubbish. It's a common thing now away from home.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:22 PM
ziggyman17

No.. Because we are playing Sunday...

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
No.. Because we are playing Sunday...
Amended

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

I'd be happy with a repeat of the PSV performance only without the £#%&!ups from Darmian

That's the best we've looked going forward since City at home last season

If LvG goes back to Mata on the right then I will tear my £#%&!ing hair out
He gives us nothing down that side
The difference with having quick direct wide players down both flanks (with a quick player as centre forward as well) was there for all to see on Tuesday night
He can't go back to Mata on the right.....surely

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Bunker Buster

PSV was just one of those games...

Rooney back, expect us to come away with some points...

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:26 PM
teflon_terry

You missed out the bit where we stick the lump on and we instantly lose any fluidity and momentum we may have had.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:26 PM
S/Side.Red

I'm surprised at how early you've lost your shit, Sparks. Pre-season you seemed full of perspective and long-termism. It's taken literally a few games for you to go full Doom again

Lost four of our last 16 away league games, btw. We need to improve but it's not been that awful.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

we played well against psv, so i would be happy with that level of performance again.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I'd be happy with a repeat of the PSV performance only without the £#%&!ups from Darmian

That's the best we've looked going forward since City at home last season

If LvG goes back to Mata on the right then I will tear my £#%&!ing hair out
He gives us nothing down that side
The difference with having quick direct wide players down both flanks (with a quick player as centre forward as well) was there for all to see on Tuesday night
He can't go back to Mata on the right.....surely
I think Mata could sit this one out. Memphis and Young out wide and Herrera off Martial would be my bet if Rooney isn't back. Think Darmian could get a rest for Valencia, too, although with Shaw missing perhaps that risks too many changes.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm surprised at how early you've lost your shit, Sparks. Pre-season you seemed full of perspective and long-termism. It's taken literally a few games for you to go full Doom again

Lost four of our last 16 away league games, btw. We need to improve but it's not been that awful.
We've only won 16 away games in the league in two years. 9 of those were under Moyes. That's just shit when you look at the £#%&!ing dross that make up this league.

I'm getting mightily pissed off with watching us happily pass the ball about when the other team are camped in their own half, then as soon as we score and the other team start getting about us a bit - we £#%&!ing lose the plot. Where's all this possession football when we've got a lead to protect?

We've not progressed one bit.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've only won 16 away games in the league in two years. 9 of those were under Moyes. That's just shit when you look at the £#%&!ing dross that make up this league.

I'm getting mightily pissed off with watching us happily pass the ball about when the other team are camped in their own half, then as soon as we score and the other team start getting about us a bit - we £#%&!ing lose the plot. Where's all this possession football when we've got a lead to protect?

Toughest league in Europe for away games imo, but we must do better I agree. We had a decent spell away from home last season after November, and the reality is both games at Swansea deserved a result. But this time last year we were all over the place and shipping five at Leicester - no progress I think is a bit ott.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Ginners

southampton are a tough side, a draw would be a good result

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Play like we did against PSV again and we should get something - its rare to miss out like that two games in a row

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Think they've just done three clean sheets on the bounce, no? Not set up for a classic.

morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Also Koeman hates Van Gaal and this will be his his cup final

Baron

Quote:

I know you're uber unicorn on the process, but spinning the fact we've lost 25% of a certain amount of arbitrary away games is weak.

Moyes lost 5 of 19 away games in the league during his @#%&!fest.

Mitigation & all that, but just accept that some of the time it's pretty £#%&! under Van Gaal.

When it gets better, we can say it's better. Don't piss in our pockets & tell us it's raining though.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Sparky***

Call it whatever you like. We'll lose on Sunday - probably after having taken the lead.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Think they've just done three clean sheets on the bounce, no? Not set up for a classic.
in the league yeah, and with jay rodriguez progressing with every game i'd fancy him to play well. i think there will be max 1 goal in it either way.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I know you're uber unicorn on the process, but spinning the fact we've lost 25% of a certain amount of arbitrary away games is weak.

Moyes lost 5 of 19 away games in the league during his @#%&!fest.

Mitigation & all that, but just accept that some of the time it's pretty £#%&! under Van Gaal.

When it gets better, we can say it's better. Don't piss in our pockets & tell us it's raining though.
Not great, but Moyes away record wasn't really his undoing though, was it? It was losing loads of home games.

But again, four defeats in 16 away games isn't great but it isn't that bad in this league. Especially as two (maybe three - Chelsea) were unlucky. Probably has something to do with us having the best defensive record in the country since last November etc. And given that we've played two away league games this season, maybe wait for a few more before pissing about away form
Closed Thread