United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Blagger

Question Has your attitude towards Europa league qualification changed in virtue of Moyes' firing?

I think mine has.

First, I want to see United dominate the last few games of this season, an indirect consequence of which might be qualification. Obviously, there's something intrinsically satisfying to see United maul teams, whilst Giggs is at the helm. But it'd importantly, even if only to a small extent, allow certain players in the team to begin regaining their confidence. Moreover, it would make all those who saddled the blame solely with the players' apparent loss of any footballing capacity overnight look like the anti-sages which we all know them to be.

Second, if LVG is our next manager, then it would allow him to start blooding youngsters, rather than play our First XI every tie. So, I'd say I'm happy for us to qualify, contingent on next season's manager being one who'll use it as a medium through which to develop youth players.

Unread 22-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

No.

It's a season killer.

Unread 22-04-2014, 05:59 PM
forwardirektion

Win the next couple of games playing great attacking football then spank in a few own goals in the last match so Tottenham have to go in

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
I think mine has.

First, I want to see United dominate the last few games of this season, an indirect consequence of which might be qualification. Obviously, there's something intrinsically satisfying to see United maul teams, whilst Giggs is at the helm. But it'd importantly, even if only to a small extent, allow certain players in the team to begin regaining their confidence. Moreover, it would make all those who saddled the blame solely with the players' apparent loss of any footballing capacity overnight look like the anti-sages which we all know them to be.

Second, if LVG is our next manager, then it would allow him to start blooding youngsters, rather than play our First XI every tie. So, I'd say I'm happy for us to qualify, contingent on next season's manager being one who'll use it as a medium through which to develop youth players.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this thread and the Europa £#%&!ing League

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:00 PM
ralph

The Europa League is £#%&!ing crap, may as well blood a few kids into the last few league games.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:01 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not arsed in the slightest

Happy to see us win and play well now but not too well in case some bright spark at Utd thinks Giggs would be a good appointment

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this thread and the Europa £#%&!ing League

Trying to save the pennies pal?

Would've thought the matchgoing reds would want their Euro aways, with a few new places thrown in.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:02 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

I want to qualify, few weird away trips wouldn't go amiss

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:03 PM
carlosartorial

No chance. Shite competition.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No.

It's a season killer.
It's not obviously a season killer if only youth and reserve players are used. Recall Powell, Lingard, Zaha, etc., give this kid Wilson a chance, and see what they produce on a stage that isn't the Championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
The Europa League is £#%&!ing crap, may as well blood a few kids into the last few league games.
I doubt Giggs will want to do that, and risk more defeats. Plus, there's a definite gulf in benefit to blooding the youth players near the tail end of a disastrous season, with nothing to play for, and allowing them to play in a competition in which the standard of football will push them to further their understanding of the European game.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:04 PM
HotChip

Stupid competition to find out the 17th best team in Europe.

Great for Swansea Fulham etc, not for us. Its £#%&!in stupid.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Withers

Yes, £#%&! all else on tele at 6pm on a Thursday.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Mr Castro

The best example of the benefits of a season without European football is Liverpool. Of course other things like no injuries have helped but no Europe means one game a week pretty much, it's definitely aided them.

So looking at that I don't want Europe. But a few other things have to fall into place first (right manager, right players)

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No.

It's a season killer.
Sparky spot on yet again

Close the thread.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:10 PM
forzagarza

Glad that the prawn sandwich brigade like KFCers aren't up for it as it will enable passionate reds in the prime of their lives who will actually get behind Rafa and the team and bring glory once again to Manchester United

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Switching Off

Winners qualify for the Champions League too......

ScarFace

absolutely not.

it is the carling cup and the fixtures £#%&! the league up.

Michael Myers

The Europa winners get a Champions Leaguet spot from next year, so it wouldn't be a disaster, but just look at the benefits Liverpool have received from not being in it. They've played, what? Only forty games and been able to pick their strongest side every time.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:14 PM
The Watcher

Just look at Liverpool to see how beneficial it can be to miss out.

Next season is about smashing the League. Not just winning it back, but kicking the £#%&! out of every @#%&! on the way. I want mother£#%&!ers to be utterly brutalised. That's the only thing that should be on the club's mind. Vital we miss out on it.

Unread 22-04-2014, 06:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Glad that the prawn sandwich brigade like KFCers aren't up for it as it will enable passionate reds in the prime of their lives who will actually get behind Rafa and the team and bring glory once again to Manchester United
Closed Thread